Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855258 times)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #6345 on: May 07, 2012, 10:30:52 PM »
and just forget about the online.

Blasphemy!  :o
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: May 07, 2012, 10:40:58 PM »
Something that could go multiple ways makes it hard to contribute.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: May 08, 2012, 02:02:32 AM »
Found out about another early birthday present coming my way....

Dead Mary
It was supposed to be the perfect weekend away...until they invited a bloodthirsty party crasher! Kim (Dominique Swain) and her college friends meet at a cabin in the woods to relax, reminisce and have a little fun. But when a ghoulish game summons the vengeful spirit of "Dead Mary, " friend turns against friend in the ultimate blood-soaked battle for survival!
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: May 08, 2012, 02:08:33 AM »
"bloodthirsty", "ghoulish", "vengeful spirit", "Dead" and "blood-soaked"...sounds like a perfect birthday present.   :laugh:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: May 08, 2012, 02:12:20 AM »
Sounds like fun to me!  :thumbup:

I never seen this one before... sounds like a version of Bloody Mary. Hopefully it is a good one. :)
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: May 08, 2012, 02:44:05 AM »
Dominique Swain! That's a name I haven't heard for quite a while. I didn't even know she did anything else since Lolita  :slaphead:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: May 08, 2012, 06:23:19 AM »
I finally retired my PS3 from being a Blu-ray player and got myself a Yamaha BD-A1010.

So far it is opened for all DVD regions and Region A for Blu. But compared to the PS3 there are no PAL issues, so I was finally able to watch Son of Rambow which I had purchased in the UK and should be able to watch the special features for Let the Right One In. The vendor is checking though if they can find a way to remove the region restriction for Blu-rays. :whistle: (usually via code)

Also a big plus is that it seems to be able to display CC embedded on US DVDs :thumbup:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: May 08, 2012, 07:17:36 PM »
Arrived in the mail today...

It seems I ended up with the Canadian version of the It's Alive Collection. Of course don't matter... but on the plus side... the title is easier to decipher. :P On the minus side... I personally like the front cover of the US version better.

Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: May 09, 2012, 05:08:46 AM »
The vendor is checking though if they can find a way to remove the region restriction for Blu-rays. :whistle: (usually via code)
Well, they gave up, it is region locked for Blu after all and they can't find a code. While it was somewhat of a selling point, I already made peace with myself to keep the machine anyway even if they would tell me it is Region A locked.

Also a big plus is that it seems to be able to display CC embedded on US DVDs :thumbup:
Well, tried one disc, didn't work with that one (CC logo was on the back). Will keep trying more though. :shrug:

The next, more expensive step, will be to upgrade the surround system. I think I'll get a matching Yamaha to make control easy...

Sharpy

« Reply #6354 on: May 09, 2012, 12:42:43 PM »
Heres the latest lot ive got :

Cheaper By The Dozen [DVD]
Doomsday [BLU-RAY]
Dorothy [BLU-RAY]
Ginger Snaps:Unleashed [DVD]
Halloween 4:The Return Of Michael Myers [DVD]
I Know What You Did Last Summer [DVD]
Idle Hands [DVD]
Monster [DVD]
Out Of Time [DVD]
Prince Of Darkness [DVD]
The Resident [BLU-RAY]
The Return [BLU-RAY]
Road Trip [DVD]
Salems Lot [DVD]
Supernatural:Season 3 [DVD]
The Warriors Way [BLU-RAY]

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6355 on: May 09, 2012, 05:49:21 PM »
Couple more early B'day gifts on the way...

The Butterfly Effect 3: Revelations
Sam has an extraordinary talent: the ability to travel through time. He can use his gift to help the police solve cases, but he must never intervene with the past as it could alter the present in horrific ways. When a woman from Sam's past begs him to help find her sister's killer, Sam breaks his own rule...and all hell breaks loose.
Samantha Who?: The Complete First Season
Samantha...Who? That's what Sam Newly, irresistibly played by Christina Applegate, would like to know! Upon waking up from an eight-day coma, she can't remember a thing — not her boyfriend, her parents, her job, not even herself. Although some things are best left forgotten, Sam is determined to dig up the "goods" on herself. With a little help from her ex-boyfriend, ex-doorman, her too (make that two) few friends and slightly odd parents, Samantha gets a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to become a bad-girl-gone-good.

Indulge yourself in the ultimate do-over fantasy with the fresh new hit comedy Samantha Who? — The Complete First Season, starring Emmy® Award-winning Christina Applegate, and a hilariously quirky cast of supporting characters including Jean Smart, Jennifer Esposito and Kevin Dunn. With every Season One episode and exclusive bonus features, cheer for the charmingly imperfect Sam — whoever she is!

Never seen either of these. Can anyone tell me if Samantha Who? is a good show?
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #6356 on: May 09, 2012, 06:21:21 PM »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6357 on: May 09, 2012, 07:23:48 PM »
Today I have a rather odd assortment:

My season 4 DVDs of Smallville are probably the most-watched DVDs I have. And since I'm not always overly careful with them (Blasphemy!) one has gotten scratched to the point of not being readable anymore. So decided to cash in an Amazon Canada gift voucher and get me a new copy:

Smallville: Season 4 (2004 - 2005)

09 May - €3.65 (CA$21.99) @ Amazon.ca (partially paid via gift certificate)

And Smallville isn't even over yet. It's being continued in a comic series published by (who else?) DC:

Smallville #1

And there are even fictional TV characters who are able to write real books:

Heat Wave

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:47:45 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: May 11, 2012, 04:06:44 PM »
Dominique Swain! That's a name I haven't heard for quite a while. I didn't even know she did anything else since Lolita  :slaphead:

Some reason this post popped in my mind this morning... I just looked at imdb... according to them she seems to have been pretty busy since then. I don't know how big her roles are though. I have her in a handful of things... I have her in...

- Dead Mary (2006) (on the way)
- DeVour (2005)
- Face/Off (1997)
- Ghost Whisperer: Season 4 Ep. 13

But to be honest... don't think I would know her just by spotting her in something. Not that familiar with her.
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #6359 on: May 11, 2012, 04:27:37 PM »
Arrived:

Carnage