Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 854971 times)

samuelrichardscott

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #6210 on: April 02, 2012, 08:07:01 PM »
I'm not sure if it's just me dave, but a lot of the time your images don't seem to appear?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6211 on: April 02, 2012, 08:11:30 PM »
The DVDs picture are probably not contributed already in the DVDP database. It's my guess as they are linked to DVDP :shrug:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #6212 on: April 02, 2012, 08:27:49 PM »
This arrived today

Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara

I have that one on my wishlist. It won a lot of awards last year.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6213 on: April 02, 2012, 08:29:43 PM »
The DVDs picture are probably not contributed already in the DVDP database. It's my guess as they are linked to DVDP :shrug:

Yes, this is usually the reason. Sadly, Bollywood movies have it hard in the Profiler database. Not many people submit profiles for these.
I would guess that Dave is the main contributor for UK Bollywood Blu-ray releases.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #6214 on: April 02, 2012, 10:03:04 PM »
Ah I see what you mean now! Is there any ref to an artist on it? Even as a tiny signature in a corner of the main or something?
Sadly not.
In the lower right corner there's only a copyright notice for Paramount from 2008 that's all.

Sorry.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6215 on: April 03, 2012, 10:08:27 AM »
Just placed my April order...

Justice League Unlimited: Season Two
After years of foiled plots and repeated beatings, the galaxy's worse villains finally have a plan: strength in numbers! Led by Lex Luthor, the Legion of Doom prepares to dominate the universe. First order of business: destroy the Justice League. Featuring the original seven Leaguers – Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern and Hawkgirl – plus many other favorites, each episode showcases these heroes in battles like you've never seen. And just when you think they've faced the most unimaginable evils, a dark figure from the past resurfaces to exact revenge on all of them. Do yourself some justice and bring this legendary compilation of the series' final 13 episodes home today!

Episodes:
1. I am Legion
2. Shadow of the Hawk
3. Chaos at the Earth's Core
4. To Another Shore
5. Flash and Substance
6. Dead Reckoning
7. Patriot Act
8. The Great Brain Robbery
9. Grudge Match
10. Far from Home
11. Ancient History
12. Alive!
13. Destroyer
Justice League Unlimited: Season One
Too much power, some think. From their Watchtower in space, the Justice League – Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern and J'onn J'onzz – floats above Earth, with countless members including Green Arrow, Supergirl and Black Canary. Their combined powers are awesome. And although these DC SUPER HEROES fight crime, eradicate evil and save the world over and over again, a conspiracy against them is growing. Led by the government, funded by Lex Luthor and fueled by a hidden enemy, Cadmus is born.

The mission: to take down the Justice League. It's 26 episodes of action, intrigue and excitement in a 4-disc collection that any DC SUPER HEROS should own! Plus, don't miss the shocking Epilogue that reveals the legacy of Batman!

Episodes:
1. Initiation
2. For the Man Who Has Everything
3. Hawk and Dove
4. Fearful Symmetry (aka Galatea)
5. Kids' Stuff
6. This Little Piggy
7. The Return
8. The Greatest Story Never Told
9. Ultimatum
10. Dark Heart
11. Wake the Dead
12. The Once and Future Thing, Part 1: Weird Western Tales
13. The Once and Future Thing, Part 2: Time Warped
14. The Cat and the Canary
15. The Ties That Bind (aka Miracles Happen)
16. The Doomsday Sanction
17. Task Force X
18. The Balance
19. Double Date
20. Clash
21. Question Authority
22. Hunter's Moon (aka Mystery in Space)
23. Flashpoint
24. Panic in the Sky
25. Divided We Fall
26. Epilogue
The Poseidon Adventure / Blackbeard
The Poseidon Adventure

As the luxury liner Poseidon  slices through the waters of an ocean storm, the greatest danger is already on board—a terrorist with an explosive message for the world.  Detonated on New Year's Eve, the blast capsizes the ship leaving a motley few—the madman among them—struggling for survival in this upside-down life-and-death drama.

Blackbeard

In the Golden Age of Piracy, at the dawn of the 18th century, Blackbeard stood out among the lawless rogues as the most fearsome and notorious seafarer of them all.  He killed for the reputation, and his reputation has become legend.  Now, for the first time, comes the true story of pirate Edward Teach, the man who terrorized the seas.
Disaster
CRASH LANDING
A Private flight for a billionaire's daughter becomes a hellish ordeal when the plane is taken over by terrorists.  Now, it's up to one man to take out their captors and crash land the damaged plane to safety. Starring Antonio Sabato Jr.
88 Min. / Color / Widescreen / Not Rated - Violence/Profanity

NATURE UNLEASHED: AVALANCHE
In Russia's Ural Mountains, snowmoblie guide Thom and Jock Cussler survive a massive avalanche, but buried villages with trapped survivors - and a limited air supply - are in desperate need of help...
92 Min. / Color / Widescreen / Rated PG-13 - Brief Language

NATURE UNLEASHED: EARTHQUAKE
After a catastrophic earthquake of an 8.2 magnitude rocks the russian countryside, fire at nuclear power plants threaten to cause a meltdown - and an explosion ten times the size of Hiroshima...
92 Min. / Color / Widescreen / Rated PG-13 - Disaster/Peril

NATURE UNLEASHED: FIRE
As flames from an arsonist's fire grow into a raging inferno, a group of dirt bikers are forced to safety the only way possible - through an empty mine, full of flammable methane gas.
90 Min. / Color / Widescreen / Rated R - Some Violence/Disturbing Images
Thor
The world has many heroes... but only one is a god. When the arrogant warrior Thor (Chris Hemsworth, Star Trek) is banished to Earth from his homeworld of Asgard, he must fight to reclaim his lost powers. Pursued by an invasion force sent to destroy him, the fallen God of Thunder must rise to the battle and learn what it takes to become a true hero. Natalie Portman (Black Swan) and Anthony Hopkins (Beowulf) also star in the blockbuster adventure critics are calling "thrilling, entertaining and cool" (Harry Knowles, Ain't It Cool News)."
Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain American leads the fight for freedom in the action-packed blockbuster starring Chris Evans as the ultimate weapon against evil! When a terrifying force threatens everyone across the globe, the world's greatest soldier wages war on the evil HYDRA organization, led by the villainous Red Skull (Hugo Weaving, The Matrix). Critics and audiences alike salute Captain America: The First Avenger as "pure excitement, pure action, and pure fun!"*

*Bryan Erdy, CBS-TV/Movie Planet
Triangle
When Jess (Melissa George) sets sail on a yacht with a group of friends, she cannot shake the feeling that there is something wrong. Her suspicions are realized when the yacht hits a storm in the Bermuda Triangle and the group is forced to board a passing ocean liner to get to safety. The ship appears deserted, but Jess is convinced she’s been on board before. They soon realize they are not alone... Someone is intent on hunting them down, one by one.

Grabbed the two Justice League Unlimited sets since I enjoyed the first two so much... this will complete my collection!  :yahoo: I grabbed Captain America and Thor because first of all I been wanting to see them... and now because Brittany and I have plans to go to the theater to see The Avengers when it comes out next month. I grabbed Triangle because I seen some favorable reviews here for this one... plus I always liked Melissa George. The rest of them I just grabbed because I was able to get them cheap.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6216 on: April 03, 2012, 07:59:10 PM »
Received today from Amazon Canada

BTW that one kind of annoy me as all those DVDs were attach to may order, so I wasn't suppose to get them. The annoying thing is that I had to cancel some april pre-order because of them as my finance are limited...

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6217 on: April 03, 2012, 09:25:04 PM »
I'm not sure if it's just me dave, but a lot of the time your images don't seem to appear?

Yes, this is usually the reason. Sadly, Bollywood movies have it hard in the Profiler database. Not many people submit profiles for these.
I would guess that Dave is the main contributor for UK Bollywood Blu-ray releases.

Sam, as Tom and Jimmy said, it is because I use HTML code supplied by Tom to get the data from DVDP and the images come from the main DB at invelos. So if no-one has uploaded the images then they will not appear. Sadly many of my discs these days are held purely in my local DB as I haven't been contributing since May 2011. A number of factors built up and I chose to stop contributing.

edited to correct attribution
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:27:29 PM by dfmorgan »
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6218 on: April 03, 2012, 09:30:19 PM »
Sadly many of my discs these days are held purely in my local DB as I haven't been contributing since May 2011.
A chance I host my collection somewhere else as it would be pretty much the same with the post I do here.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6219 on: April 03, 2012, 09:34:46 PM »
A number of factors built up and I chose to stop contributing.

Sad to hear it :(
I was hoping to see a cover contribution for Ra.One.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6220 on: April 03, 2012, 09:39:43 PM »

Sad to hear it :(
I was hoping to see a cover contribution for Ra.One.

OK Tom, for you I will add the slip cover scan. I have been giving some thought to my choice lately and I may just do those which haven't had any submissions.
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6221 on: April 03, 2012, 09:43:17 PM »

I usually don't mind the work on profiles. But I haven't come around doing cover scans for a while now. I didn't get my scanner to work on my current notebook. And I am too lazy to start up my old PC every time I need a scan.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6222 on: April 03, 2012, 09:45:23 PM »
I have been giving some thought to my choice lately and I may just do those which haven't had any submissions.
If you really don't want to contribute anymore you can always do as I do and post your profiles here if someone wants them...

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #6223 on: April 03, 2012, 10:57:04 PM »
Same here, even though not as long as you (March 2012).

I don't even care about downloading profiles anymore and do them all by scratch, locally only.

Najemikon

« Reply #6224 on: April 03, 2012, 11:13:28 PM »
Thanks for checking the poster. No worries, but at least they are printing it more. Maybe I'll be able to track them down properly soon anyway.

I still let Profiler download profiles, I just haven't contributed for a long time. The irony is, despite the pedantic rules that put me off so much, the profiles are decent. I wish the community would loosen up because the standard is high despite all the complaining.