Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 826413 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #5625 on: October 02, 2011, 03:52:34 PM »
Here is my complete order for October (including pre-orders)... Looks like I just couldn't help myself and got even more stuff I can watch for my horror marathon! :P I ordered...

Bud Abbott and Lou Costello Meet Frankenstein
Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein continues the horror-comedy series and features "the boys" with their usual quota of familiar routines providing the backbone of the plot by becoming Count Dracula's victim for a brain transplant. Lon Chaney, Jr. appears as the Wolf Man along with Dracula played by Bela Lugosi and Glenn Strange as the Frankenstein monster.

Abbott and Costello, as railroad baggage clerks, receive a strange shipment—the last remains of Dracula and Frankenstein's monster. But this deadly duo is still very much alive. So when the shipment arrives at the House of Horrors, the Monsters are not in their crates but have disappeared to a secret hideaway island. Blamed for the disappearance, Abbott and Costello follow their trail to the island where not only do they meet up with Dracula (Bela Lugosi) and the Monster (Glenn Strange), but a Mad Scientist (Charles Bradstreet) who wants to switch Costello's brain with that of the Monster. With everyone chasing each other, the Wolf Man (Lon Chaney, Jr.) shows up to scare them all. In the end everything works out: Costello finds romance and the Monsters find their final resting places…or do they?
The Bionic Woman: Season 3
She can dive to the very bottom of the ocean, lift a massive car with one arm, hear the pins of a top-secret safe and keep up with a pet German Shepherd that can run up to 90mph. The Bionic Woman is back and ready for her most exciting adventures yet in all 22 episodes of the third – and final – season of this groundbreaking show. American sweetheart and Primetime Emmy Award winner Lindsay Wagner is Jaime Sommers: school teacher, concerned Ojai resident and full-time agent for the top-secret Office of Scientific Investigations (OSI). Jaime's missions have become increasingly more dangerous and complex as she's earned the respect of her handlers and colleagues. But with new romance on the horizon and emerging bionic technologies, will the world's first female cyborg choose to live her life away from government interests? Find out in the epic conclusion to the iconic series where one woman took on new abilities and became a role model for a whole generation of fans.
The Hitchhiker
Page Fletcher is "The Hitchhiker," walking a lonely road where terror awaits around every curve. Walk with him, and you'll find yourself in some dark places... places you wouldn't want to visit alone. That's why he's there. That's why he's always there. He won't hold your hand - but he'll make sure the only ones who get hurt are those who deserve to.

Episodes:
1. Last Scene (#24)
2. Nightshift (#14)
3. The Miracle of Alice Ames (#46)
4. Ghostwriter (#19)
5. Man's Best Friend (#18)
6. W.G.O.D. (#17)
7. The Lengendary Billy B. (#33)
8. Homebodies (#31)
9. Why Are You Here? (#30)
10. In the Name of Love (#34)
The Hitchhiker: Volume 2
Page Fletcher is "The Hitchhiker," walking a lonely road where darkness is always by his side and terror lurks around every turn. Pick him up if you dare. He will guide you to your destination, where the good are spared and the wicked are damned.

Episodes:
1. O.D. Feelin' (#20)
2. True Believer (#23)
3. Perfect Order (#27)
4. Cabin Fever (#39)
5. A Whole New You (#82)
6. Dead Heat (#29)
7. The Curse (#22)
8. Out of the Night (#15)
9. Secret Ingredient (#38)
10. Man of Her Dreams (#25)
The Hitchhiker: Volume 3
Page Fletcher is "The Hitchhiker," walking a lonely road where darkness is always by his side and terror lurks around every turn. Pick him up if you dare. He will guide you to your destination, where the good are spared and the wicked are damned.

Episodes:
1. Man at the Window (#11)
2. Dead Man's Curve (#21)
3. Made for Each Other (#35)
4. Joker (#36)
5. Videodate (#9)
6. Best Shot (#37)
7. My Enemy (#63)
8. Tough Guys Don't Whine (#67)
9. Riding the Nightmare (#68)
10. Cruelest Cut (#61)
Howling III: The Marsupials
The race is on as a colony of marsupial werewolves attempts to outwit and outlast their human counterparts in the offbeat horror film "Howling III: The Marsupials."

Long ago, the now-extinct marsupial wolf (a.k.a. Tasmanian Tiger) roamed the Australian Outback. Today, a werewolf colony that has descended from these marsupials has taken over the land. This race of human-like creatures roams the outback, feeding its need. The race for survival is on as the humans struggle to contain these out of control creatures. This "tongue-in-pouch" horror/comedy stars BARRY OTTO, MAX FAIRCHILD, IMOGEN ANNESLY, DASHA BLAHOVA, LEIGH BIOLOS and RALPH COTTERILL as "Professor Sharp."
Captain America/ Captain America II: Death Two Soon
Captain America
When former Marine Steve Rogers is in an accident, his only hope for recovery is an injection of the FLAG super-serum created years ago by his own father which enhances each of his senses, as well as gives him great strength and fast reflexes. And to help him bring his attackers to justice, a government agency outfits him with a motorcycle and powerful shield, then turns the newly formed Captain America loose on the nation s enemies.

Captain America II: Death Too Soon
Captain America returns to carry on the legacy of his father and defend the country this time, however, he faces off against the terrorist known only as Miguel and the threat of a chemical agent that rapidly ages those who come in contact with it.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #5626 on: October 03, 2011, 01:33:41 PM »
Hyperdrive: Series One & Two (Amazon.co.uk)

Triangle (Amazon.co.uk)

Futurama: Into the Wild Green Yonder (Amazon.co.uk)
Finally completing the Futurama movies.
Scream (Amazon.co.uk)
Finally replacing my old non-anamorphic DVD.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: October 03, 2011, 08:35:36 PM »
Wow... that was quick!... Arrived today...

The hitchhiker

This is a best of set with 10 episodes from the old HBO series. I haven't seen this show since I was a kid!
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5628 on: October 04, 2011, 05:08:34 AM »
This came today.

Black Adder: Remastered - The Ultimate Edition
This deluxe edition includes every episode of BlackAdder digitally restored from the original program masters plus a host of all-new bonus features and more!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: October 04, 2011, 06:23:44 AM »
Hyperdrive: Series One & Two

Triangle

Hyperdrive was more fun than I originally anticipated. It alsomade me notice Miranda Hart and her fabulous comedic talent.

Trangle came recommended from Mark Kermode and had an interesting trailer. I quite liked it, although there seemed to be a plothole or two. I wonder what you will think... (or had you seen it before, at the Film Festival, maybe?).

W0m6at

« Reply #5630 on: October 04, 2011, 07:21:32 AM »
This came today.

Black Adder: Remastered - The Ultimate Edition
This deluxe edition includes every episode of BlackAdder digitally restored from the original program masters plus a host of all-new bonus features and more!

What's the difference like on the PQ of the remastered edition? Is it a substantial upgrade?

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5631 on: October 04, 2011, 08:07:00 AM »
I don't know what the difference is... This is the only version of it I have. 
According to the back of the case, there are a few documentaries tied to the show...  The Christmas Carol special and a few others that I think were special episodes...  It says there are extended interviews with the cast and new commentaries.  The show is supposed to have been digitally remastered.

I've seen a few episodes and liked it, so when Amazon had it as the deal of the day, I decided to go ahead and get it.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #5632 on: October 04, 2011, 08:10:24 AM »
Trangle came recommended from Mark Kermode and had an interesting trailer. I quite liked it, although there seemed to be a plothole or two. I wonder what you will think... (or had you seen it before, at the Film Festival, maybe?).

No, I haven't seen it yet. But as it fits my time-travel movie marathon, I just had to buy it. And it was really cheap.

Najemikon

« Reply #5633 on: October 04, 2011, 01:13:42 PM »

Sammy

« Reply #5634 on: October 04, 2011, 03:05:46 PM »
I got maillllllllllllllll!!!  :clap:

Najemikon

« Reply #5635 on: October 04, 2011, 09:41:55 PM »
This arrived today

The Warrior and the Wolf

Oh no. Dave, I'm currently preparing a review of this film. It is shockingly bad. I mean, really poor. I'm struggling to think of any one thing that could redeem it and I can't. I can always find something to like! I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to film. Stuff like 44 Inch Chest had a fundamental problem in the story that I found borderline offensive, but even that had a cast to praise and a fantastic opening scene. The Warrior and the Wolf is simply a non-event on every level.

So, are your expectations suitably lowered?  :whistle: :laugh:

:o oh well :laugh: have to see how it goes, the premise looked interesting and it was under a tenner.

Did you ever watch this, Dave? I've finally posted my review that I wrote ages ago if you fancy a read!  :devil: http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,5216.msg146975.html#msg146975

In all seriousness, whenever I slag of a film properly, I always wonder if there was something I missed...

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: October 05, 2011, 06:34:21 AM »

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #5637 on: October 05, 2011, 12:54:49 PM »
Got home today after a few weeks working away:
0411 - Family Guy: Season 3 £3.94
0412 - Family Guy: Season 4 £3.50
0413 - Family Guy: Season 5 £3.73
0414 - Ugly Betty: Season 1 £2.81
0415 - Colour of the Truth £1.27
0416 - Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Season 2 £6.25
0417 - The Simpsons: Season 8 £5.50
0418 - UFC: Ultimate Knockouts £1.27
0419 - 8 1/2 Women £1.27
0420 - Arahan £1.27
0421 - The Art of War 3: Retribution £1.27
0422 - The Big Lebowski £2.99
0423 - Bill Bailey Live: Cosmic Jam £1.27
0424 - Black Sheep £1.27
0425 - Bride Wars £1.27
0426 - Buzz Lightyear of Star Command: The Adventure Begins £1.27
0427 - Chicago Joe and the Showgirl £1.27
0428 - Children of the Corn 4 £2.26
0429 - Cold Feet: Series 5 £1.27
0430 - CQ £1.95
0431 - Escape from Huang Shi £1.75
0432 - Fame £1.27
0433 - Fear City £1.27
0434 - Fighting £1.27
0435 - Friday the 13th £1.27
0436 - Goal 2: Living the Dream £1.27
0437 - A Guide to Recogising Your Saints £1.52
0438 - Haunted Echoes £1.27
0439 - Highlander: The Source £1.27
0440 - The Man £1.27
0441 - Manic £1.27
0442 - Marci X £1.27
0443 - Marley & Me £1.27
0444 - Max Payne £1.27
0445 - Me & Orson Welles £1.27
0446 - Moving McAllister £1.97
0447 - National Treasure £1.65
0448 - Notes on a Scandal £1.27
0449 - Pursuit of Happyness £1.27
0450 - Shadow Hours £1.00
0451 - Shot in the Dark £1.79
0452 - Species 3 £1.37
0453 - Star Trek: Insurrection £1.27
0454 - Step Up £1.27
0455 - Streets of Blood £1.28
0456 - Superbad £1.27
0457 - Superstar £1.27
0458 - Sweeney Todd £1.27
0459 - Teachers £1.47
0460 - They Wait £1.27
0461 - Thin Red Line £1.27
0462 - Tsotsi £1.27
0463 - Twin Falls Idaho £1.27
0464 - Woman on Top £1.27
0465 - The X-Files: I Want to Believe £1.27

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: October 05, 2011, 04:32:59 PM »
Well... I got weak again. I just ordered one more (cheap thru Amazon Marketplace) for my horror marathon...

Piranha
From the man who introduced us to Jack Nicholson, Francis Ford Coppola, Jonathan Demme and Martin Scorsese...
Shout! Factory is proud to present new collector's editions of Roger Corman's most loved productions.

Joe Dante's cult classic PIRANHA is back in a new collector's edition with new special features!

While Searching for missing teenagers, novice skip tracer Maggie McKeown (Heather Menzies) and local town boozer Paul Grogan (Bradford Dillman) stumble upon a top-secret Army laboratory conducting genetic research on piranha fish for the purpose of developing biological warfare. When the deadly eating machines are accidently released from the compound, they're soon headed downstream and consuming everything and anything in their path.

Just when you thought it was safe to go in the river...

Piranha features a stellar group of talent in front of as well as behind the camera. The top-notch cast of cult stars includes Kevin McCarthy (Invasion Of The Body Snatchers), Barbara Steele (Black Sunday), Belinda Bataski (The Howling), Dick Miller (A Bucket Of Blood) and Paul Bartel (Death Race 2000). Piranha is director Joe Dante's second film. He would go on to direct Gremlins and Small Soldiers. PProducer Jon Davison went on to produce the blockbusters Robocop and Starship Troopers. The film also features a thrilling soundtrack by Pino Donaggio (Dressed To Kill, Carrie and Dante's The Howling).
Pete

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #5639 on: October 05, 2011, 06:54:39 PM »
Piranha
Great one!
I loved it. It's among the first ten movies I remember having watched in a cinema.

In my mailbox I found:

Nine

How to Lose Friends and Alienate People

Schwerkraft