Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 824529 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #5580 on: September 21, 2011, 10:46:06 PM »
Thanks, Tom. German words somehow always sound cooler than what they turn out to mean...  ;)

Another translation is "jubilee". Is that better? ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: September 21, 2011, 11:06:11 PM »
Thanks, Tom. German words somehow always sound cooler than what they turn out to mean...  ;)
In french we use jubilée when we talk of a special anniversary (wedding anniversary, King/Queen reign, ...) but never for a birthday anniversary....

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5582 on: September 21, 2011, 11:11:13 PM »
In french we use jubilée when we talk of a special anniversary (wedding anniversary, King/Queen reign, ...) but never for a birthday anniversary....
The same for the German "Jubiläum". Though it is also used for anniversaries of movie releases, company anniversaries and such.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #5583 on: September 22, 2011, 12:09:55 AM »

If you want to hear a German speak Klingon, ask him to pronounce "Hausdachkonstruktion".  :devil:
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: September 22, 2011, 12:48:58 AM »
In the mail today:

Das Boot: Anniversary Edition
I wonder if this is region free :hmmmm:

kahless

« Reply #5585 on: September 22, 2011, 06:39:46 AM »
In the mail today:

According to OFDB it's Code "B". But I wonder whether there will be a release of the tv mini series on blu?

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #5586 on: September 22, 2011, 10:32:04 AM »
In the mail today:

No it's not (Region B), has the German Audio Track only and no international subtitles.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #5587 on: September 22, 2011, 11:47:00 AM »
But I wonder whether there will be a release of the tv mini series on blu?
I seriously doubt that.
In the booklet that comes with this box Petersen answers the question why the mini-series wasn't included.
He simply doesn't like it, said he only did it because the TV-stations that partially financed this project forced him to deliver this stretched version.

kahless

« Reply #5588 on: September 22, 2011, 02:46:12 PM »
Could not resist to buy this today:

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #5589 on: September 22, 2011, 04:23:34 PM »
This post looks extremely like a copy of this one  :P

kahless

« Reply #5590 on: September 22, 2011, 04:50:17 PM »
This post looks extremely like a copy of this one  :P

Oh, yes I see!  :laugh:

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: September 22, 2011, 06:27:05 PM »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: September 22, 2011, 06:35:41 PM »
Still upset that show didn't get a second season! :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: September 22, 2011, 08:07:17 PM »
Arrived in the mail today...

The Midnight Horror Collection: Road Trip to Hell
The Craving
On a road trip across the country, a group of college friends become stranded in the desert. Miles from anywhere and with limited supplies, they discover that when the sun goes down, a deadly killer comes out. Something that will not go into the night quietly...or without a meal. The group must battle the creature for their lives in a desolate, harsh land that few have survived.

Sheltered
On the eve of a massive storm, Joey, an awkward but straight-laced bartender, offers a group of vacationers refuge at his house. As the storm wreaks havoc outside, the group slowly discovers why they've been invited to the house, just how disturbed their host is, and that they'll have to fight a crazed killer if they're to see the light of dawn.

Hell's Highway
A road trip for four college friends turns into a twisted, bloody nightmare when they pick up Lucinda, a hot, young hitchhiker who lusts for the kill. After she terrorizes them, the group kills her. But around the next bend—and every bend—she appears like a mirage, ready to slaughter again...

Feeding Grounds
En route to a weekend at a desert cabin, four young couples find themselves in a dangerous situation that will push them to their breaking points. After a glitch in plans forces them to pull over, they burn time by getting the party started amid the gorgeous desert scenery until a grisly discovery sets them running. But there's nowhere to run, and nowhere to hide...
Psychosis
After suffering a mental breakdown, Susan (Charisma Carpenter), a successful horror novelist, retreats to a picturesque and secluded countryside manor to recover. However things take a  terrifying turn when she begins having horrifying vissions of a deranged psychopath and a massacre that took place years ago.
Severed/Shallow Ground/Rage
SEVERED: FOREST OF THE DEAD
A group of young environmental activists become infected, ravenous, unstoppable zombies when a forestry company's genetic experimentation goes disastrously wrong. Sheer terror can't pump enough adrenaline through these bodies to help them out of this remote forest in this gruesome horror tale. Severed stand heads (and other body parts) above the rest!

SHALLOW GROUND
Jack Sheppard didn't think his nightmares could possibly get any worse. But when a mysterious boy, dressed only in a coating of fresh blood appears, Jack is forced down a path of dark secrets and unthinkable horrors. The small town of Shallow Valley is about to become a gruesome battleground where the living will now pay for the pain the dead have suffered.

THE RAGE
From Director Robert Kurtzman (Wishmaster, Buried Alive), comes the highly-anticipated new splatter classic. When victims injected with a rage virus escapes from the experimentation of a mad scientist—his secrets are uncovered and all hell breaks loose. The Rage is guaranteed to be an out-RAGE-ously gory good time!
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: September 22, 2011, 08:51:08 PM »
Looks like I got nothing this month, but it isn't true  ;D

I'm currently loaded with a lot of profiles to do since yesterday and I want to do all of them before posting it. So be ready for a lot of dvd covers in a couple of days... Hope no one here leave with a phone connection since I upgrade mine cause you won't like me  :laugh: