Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 857986 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #555 on: June 23, 2008, 11:10:05 PM »

If you want to know more Idi Amin, since I know that you are interested by history, try this one :

This is a very good documentary

Touti

« Reply #556 on: June 24, 2008, 03:56:19 AM »
Which version of "The Fog" did you get?... the original or remake?

If he replies "what original?", I swear I'm gonna hit somebody.  :tease:

Just ordered it from Amazon, I should have it by the end of the week.  Will watch it this week-end and let you know if I think it's better than the remake.

RossRoy

« Reply #557 on: June 26, 2008, 05:35:21 AM »
Received this today, from Amazon Marketplace:

May not show up yet, I've yet to update my signature
Sig updated!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 06:17:28 AM by RossRoy »

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #558 on: June 26, 2008, 07:50:16 PM »
Yesterday I got:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 07:54:19 PM by Tom »

RossRoy

« Reply #559 on: June 26, 2008, 11:38:47 PM »
Went to Futureshop to pickup a few (3) LCD monitors for work, and these jumped in the cart:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 26, 2008, 11:50:06 PM »
Terrible thing the way those things just jump in your cart... isn't it?  ;D

worst thing about it... you never know it till you get to the checkout. Too late then!  :P
Pete

Touti

« Reply #561 on: June 26, 2008, 11:51:19 PM »
Went to Futureshop to pickup a few (3) LCD monitors for work, and these jumped in the cart:

You should have learnead by now, never use a cart at future shop they attract DVD's like hell.

Touti

« Reply #562 on: June 27, 2008, 01:14:31 AM »
From Amazon.ca today

And a Canadian release of Rosemary's Baby that doesn't exist in DVDP's database and won't be contributed by me ;)

And that new batch of DVD's make me a proud member of the 500+ Club
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 01:16:40 AM by Eric »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 27, 2008, 02:08:37 AM »

Perfect exemple of why I don't buy a lot of French Canadian dvd, don't get me wrong : I love this movie and I've seen it when it were shown in theatre. But as usual with our product : no extra  :thumbdown:

Why not a making off (certainly it would be an interesting one) and no commentary by Michel Côté.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 27, 2008, 02:12:15 AM »
And a Canadian release of Rosemary's Baby that doesn't exist in DVDP's database and won't be contributed by me ;)
Go tease them on their forum with that, I've done the same thing with the Dirty Harry new DVDs. It's childish, but it's fun  :laugh:

And that new batch of DVD's make me a proud member of the 500+ Club
Congratulation  :thundergod:

RossRoy

« Reply #565 on: June 27, 2008, 06:10:29 AM »
Perfect exemple of why I don't buy a lot of French Canadian dvd, don't get me wrong : I love this movie and I've seen it when it were shown in theatre. But as usual with our product : no extra  :thumbdown:

Why not a making off (certainly it would be an interesting one) and no commentary by Michel Côté.
Yeah, I agree. Releases around here are really boring, but since they're all the same, that's what I'm stuck with. At least it was cheaper than a standard release.

Touti

« Reply #566 on: June 27, 2008, 01:43:54 PM »
It's a problem of being in a small market.  "Cruising Bar" is an old movie from before the time of DVD's, they probably don't have any "Making of", commentary or interviews.  These would have to made produced which is expensive and if they did, the price of the DVD would probably get too high to sell enough to make it profitable.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: June 27, 2008, 02:19:00 PM »
It's a problem of being in a small market.
As long as our industry will continue to think like that nothing will change. We are a "relatively" small market, but we are not the only french speaking place in the world. I own movies from various little world market (Turkey, Greece, Pakistan, Argentina,...) and the fact that I don't talk any of these language isn't important, people that buy DVD are not the same people that those that goes to theatre or watch tv (they don't need a dub movie and don't care for the subtitles).

Yes a market exist for our product, but our industry don't care. I can't say how many time someone ask me about the avaibility of one of our movie on dvd. Almost everytime my answer is the same (if it is on dvd) : Sorry the movie is in french only with no english subtitles.

Maybe the producer here are too use with the fact that all their productions are finance by the two governements and they don't want to spend one dollar of their pocket.

Touti

« Reply #568 on: June 27, 2008, 06:39:52 PM »
I agree that not having recent movies dubbed or sub-titled is stupid but I don't think we can expect them to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in producing bonus material for 20+ years old movies that wouldn't sell enough to make it profitable even if they were exported.  It all comes down to profit.....unfortunately.

I also wonder if it really makes a difference, I own over 500 DVD's/TV Series and I rarely watch any of the bonus material.  I don't think I'm the exception, IMO most people don't really care.

Touti

« Reply #569 on: June 27, 2008, 06:50:42 PM »

I also got "Les brigades du tigre" and "Comment survivre à sa mère" which are not in DVDP's database...........and won't be contributed by me :)

Seb, I think you own "Comment survivre à sa mère", if you have the profile I wouldn't mind "borrowing" it from you  :bag: