Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855363 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #5430 on: August 03, 2011, 12:58:45 PM »
I placed an order this morning... mostly very cheap from Amazon Marketplace...

The All New Super Friends Hour: Season One - Volume One
Join your favorite SUPER HEROES - Batman, Robin, Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman – in saving our imperiled world throughout 7 action-packed episodes, each with 4 exciting adventures. That's a total of 28 classic cartoons highlighted by the debut of Wonder Twins Zan and Jayna and their mischievous blue space monkey Gleek. Each episode features Cool Activities like magic tricks, arts and crafts and decoder games. Journey to the earth's core to defeat alien creatures, save reckless kids from impending dangers and fight master criminals to preserve justice with this 2-disc Collector's Edition you won't want to miss!

EPISODES:
1. The Brain Machine/Joy Ride/Invasion of the Earthors/The Whirlpool
2. Invasion of the Hydronoids/Hitchhike/City in a Bottle/Space Emergency
3. The Marsh Monster/Runaways/Will the World Collide?/Time Rescue
4. Doctor Fright/Drag Race/Day of the Plant Creatures/Fire
5. The Monster of Dr. Droid/Vandals/Super Friends vs. Superfriends/Energy Mass
6. The Secret Four/Tiger on the Loose/The Mysterious Time Creatures/The Antidote
7. The Enforcer/Shark/Planet of the Neanderthals/Flood of Diamonds

This is an old Super Friends series I really don't remember. Though I am sure I did see it when it originally aired back in 1977.

All-American Girl: The Complete Series
All-American Girl, the groundbreaking comedy series inspired by the life of stand-up star Margaret Cho, brought an Asian-American family to a television series for the first time. Originally broadcast in 1994-1995, the show featured Cho as one very Westernized Margaret Kim, a San Francisco hipster delightfully at odds with her traditional-but-screwy Korean family, and allowed viewers a comic glimpse of the culture clashes that constantly ensued.

This is another show I know I watched when it was originally on (1994)... but I really don't remember much of anything about it. But I figured with getting the complete series for $5 I couldn't go wrong.

Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
The DARK KNIGHT is back in this all-new feature-length thriller!

The PENGUIN and RUPERT THORN are criminal cohorts with scheme to sell illegal weapons... But There's a new Super Hero in GOTHAM CITY who has other plans for the evil entrepreneurs - BATWOMAN! With high-tech gadgets and powerful punches, BATWOMAN proves to be a formidable crime fighter - the only problem is that the DARK KNIGHT has no clue who she is! And when BATWOMAN crosses the criminal line, BATMAN must identify whether or not this new player is really an ally! Join the world's greatest detectve in this exciting new adventure that will keep you guessing until the mask is pulled off!

This is an animated movie that I somehow missed. I don't even remember ever hearing of it. Grabbed it at the amazon marketplace for less then $2.

Reaper: Season One
Sam (Bret Harrison) is a slacker whose world turns upside down on his 21st birthday when he learns that his parents sold his soul to the Devil (Ray Wise). Forced to be Hell's bounty hunter, Sam, with the aid of his goofball friends, must track down evildoers and send them back where they belong.

EPISODES
1. Pilot
2. Charged
3. All Mine
4. Magic
5. What About Blob?
6. Leon
7. Love, Bullets And Blacktop
8. The Cop
9. Ashes To Ashes
10. Cash Out
11. Hungry For Fame
12. Unseen
13. Acid Queen
14. Rebellion
15. Coming To Grips
16. Greg, Schmeg
17. The Leak
18. Cancun
Reaper: Season Two
Is Sam truly the son of Satan? Will he let his girlfriend Andi in on his devilish dealings? Will Sock ever date his stepsister? Will Ben ever reveal he's secretly dating a demon? The second season finds Sam and the gang wrestling with these important issues, working at the Work Bench, and just maybe... finding the perfect way for Sam to get out of his deal with the Devil.

1. Episode IV: A New Hope
2. Dirty Sexy Mongol
3. The Sweet Science
4. The Favorite
5. I Want My Baby Back
6. Undebelly
7. The Good Soil
8. The Home Stretch
9. No Reaper Left Behind
10. My Brother's Reaper
11. To Sprong, With Love
12. Business Casualty
13. The Devil & Sam Oliver

When this originally aired I watched the first season and a half. Not sure why I dropped the show half way through the season season... I do remember enjoying the series at the time. Buying these two sets gives me the complete series.

Smallville: The Complete Ninth Season
Great planet, Earth is. So great that other survivors of PLANET KRYPTON wouldn't mind making it home and taking control. But fellow KRYPTONIAN CLARK KENT has a warning for ZOD and his followers who cross the line, especially if they seek to enlist LOIS LANE in their schemes: I will destroy you all!

Hearts grow fonder (Clark & Lois) and dangers grow stronger (Clark vs. warriors of Zod) in this 6-disc season 9 collection. Plus, unexpected characters from DC COMICS lore add exciting new layers to the adventures of the man who will become SUPERMAN. Among them: the shape-shifting WONDER TWINS, magical ZANTANNA and in an action-packed Double Episode, JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA'S DR. FATE, HAWKMAN and STARGIRL. May justice prevail – and Earth survive!

Episodes:
1. Savior
2. Metallo
3. Rabid
4. Echo
5. Roulette
6. Crossfire
7. Kandor
8. Idol
9. Pandora
10. Disciple
11. Absolute Justice
12. Warrior
13. Persuasion
14. Conspiracy
15. Escape
16. Checkmate
17. Upgrade
18. Charade
19. Sacrifice
20. Hostage
21. Salvation

Finally getting around to getting season 9. Leaving only 1 season to add to complete the series. Looking forward to watching the movie length episode Absolute Justice again!

On Pre-Order This Month:

Off the Map: The Complete Series
An uplifting medical drama, that explores how far one has to go in order to truly heal. In this ensemble show, six doctors who have lost their way will go to the ends of the earth to try to remember the reasons why they wanted to become doctors in the first place.

Episode:
1. Saved by the Great White Hope
2. Smile. Don't Kill Anyone
3. A Doctor Time Out
4. On the Mean Streets of San Miguel
5. I'm Here
6.  It's Good
7. Es Un Milagro
8. It's a Leaf
9. There's Nothing To Fix
10. I’m Home
11. Everything's As It Should Be
12. Hold On Tight
13. There's A Lot To Miss About The Jungle

This is a short lived medical drama I really enjoyed before it got canceled. One of the main stars in this one is Caroline Dhavernas who starred in the other short lived series Wonderfalls.
Pete

kahless

« Reply #5431 on: August 03, 2011, 02:55:58 PM »
Bought today:

The Dead Zone - Season 6 (The Final Season) [DVD]

I have now finally completed the series!  :D

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #5432 on: August 03, 2011, 08:12:25 PM »
Super (Amazon.co.uk)

Æon Flux (Amazon.co.uk)

A Knight's Tale (Amazon.co.uk)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5433 on: August 04, 2011, 04:37:25 PM »
Received this morning from Amazon Canada

I bought it for Little Shop of Horror who is remastered and in widescreen for the first time after years of crappy PD releases...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5434 on: August 04, 2011, 07:13:13 PM »
Arrived today...

Dollhouse: Season 1

Thanks again for the trade Sébastien!  ;D
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5435 on: August 04, 2011, 11:47:51 PM »
Hot Tub Time Machine (Amazon.co.uk)

The Azumi Double Bill (Amazon.co.uk)

Sammy

« Reply #5436 on: August 05, 2011, 01:10:33 PM »

:)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5437 on: August 05, 2011, 05:17:28 PM »
Tucker & Dale vs Evil (Amazon.de)
Saw this at the FantasyFilmFest and I thought it was a riot.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #5438 on: August 05, 2011, 06:23:19 PM »
Received today:

Sucker Punch: Extended Cut

Warner messed it up AGAIN.
The sound quality of the extended cut is absolutely sub-standard.
Warner is preparing an exchange program.

This is the second release with severe sound problems within less than a month

kahless

« Reply #5439 on: August 06, 2011, 02:26:35 PM »
this arrived today:

I only heard some samples about the sound problem. I don't feel very much affected by this, because I'm a little bit handicapped by an old hearing defect (thanks German Bundeswehr...)
I will decide if I can live with it or I will exchange the item.

The Eagle - limited Steelbook [Blu-ray]

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #5440 on: August 08, 2011, 07:48:52 PM »
Arrived in the mail today...

Reaper: Season 1

Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5441 on: August 09, 2011, 10:18:28 AM »
Here's what I've gotten recently.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
DR. STRANGELOVE IS A BRILLIANT BIT OF CELLULOID GENIUS AND A TRUE CLASSIC in every sense of the word. Nominated for four Academy Awards® including Best Picture (1964), Stanley Kubrick's black comedy about a group of paranoia-inspired, war-happy generals who manage to initiate an "accidental" nuclear apocalypse, is horribly frightening, delightfully funny and surprisingly relevant to this day.

This is the saga of two psychotic generals: Joint Chief of Staff "Buck" Turgidson (George C. Scott) and Air Force Strategic Commander Jack Ripper (Sterling Hayden), who orders a bomber squadron to attack the USSR, triggering a Soviet secret weapon, the "Doomsday Machine", a diabolical retaliatory missile system.

Peter Sellers portrays a trio of men who attempt to avert this catastrophe: British Captain Lionel Mandrake, the only person with access to paranoid Gen. Ripper; U.S. President Muffley, whose best attempt at diverting this disaster depends on convincing a boozed-up Soviet Premier it's all a silly mistake; and the President's advisor, Dr. Strangelove, a demented ex-Nazi scientist. Can any one of them possibly save the world?

* Best Actor (Peter Sellers) and Best Adapted Screenplay (Stanley Kubrick, Peter George & Terry Southern)

Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
Sign up for more manic misadventure with the buffoons in blue, this time featuring rising stars Sharon Stone as a reporter who strikes sparks with Mahoney (Steve Guttenberg) and David Spade as a loopy skateboarder.

Cmdt. Lassard (George Gaynes) decides to toughen up neighborhood watch groups by training them to be Citizens on Patrol, or COPs. And guess who the instructors are? The same grads who thought the Fs on their own report card meant "Fantastic." When rival officer Lt. Harris (G.W. Bailey) sees the blue leading the beleaguered, he decides the time is ripe to discredit the Academy. But leave it to our hapless heroes to save the day - bumblingly - by taking to the skies on biplanes and balloons for a frantic finale. All aboard!

I Love Lucy: The Complete First Season
Here's how it all began - the classic episodes that started America's long-running love affair with everyone's favorite madcap redhead, Lucille Ball.  Plus the rarely seen pilot episode that sold the I LOVE LUCY series.  By the end of its initial season, I LOVE LUCY was TV's first bona fide smash hit - the very first program seen in more than 10 million homes.  America just couldn't get enough of this stunning new comedy talent - Lucy as a less-than-poised would-be ballerina in "The Ballet," Lucy battling the world's longest loaf of bread in "Pioneer Women," and Lucy in her greatest performance, as the health tonic-guzzling TV pitchwoman for Vitameatavegamin in "Lucy Does A TV Commercial." ("And it's so tasty, too!")  Fall in love all over again, with the wild and wacky series that changed TV forever!

I Love Lucy: The Complete Second Season
From its 1951 premiere to the present day, 'I Love Lucy' has never been off the air! You'll see why in this hilarious five-disc DVD collection, containing the show's entire second season. Laugh out loud at such gems as "Job Switching" --- in which Lucy and Ethel do unforgettable battle with a chocolate factory conveyor belt; "The Handcuffs" --- in which Lucy cuffs herself to Ricky and then loses the key; and "The Operetta" --- in which Lucy's money problems bring down the curtain on her role as "Queen of the Gypsies." This collection also includes the groundbreaking "pregnancy shows," including the touching moment at the Tropicana when Lucy breaks the news to Ricky that they are going to have a baby, and "Lucy Goes to the Hospital" --- the record-setting episode that garnered the highest rating in the history of television!

EPISODES:
1. Job Switching
2. The Saxophone
3. The Anniversary Present
4. The Handcuffs
5. The Operetta
6. Vacation from Marriage
7. The Courtroom
8. Redecorating
9. Ricky Loses His Voice
10. Lucy Is Enceinte
11. Pregnant Women Are Unpredictable
12. Lucy's Showbiz Swan Song
13. Lucy Hires an English Tutor
14. Ricky Has Labor Pains
15. Lucy Becomes a Sculptress
16. Lucy Goes to the Hospital
17. Sales Resistance
18. The Inferiority Complex
19. The Club Election
20. The Black Eye
21. Lucy Changes Her Mind
22. No Children Allowed
23. Lucy Hires a Maid
24. The Indian Show
25. Lucy's Last Birthday
26. The Ricardos Change Apartments
27. Lucy Is Matchmaker
28. Lucy Wants New Furniture
29. The Camping Trip
30. Ricky and Fred Are TV Fans
31. Never Do Business with Friends

4 Film Favorites: Cop Comedy Collection
POLICE ACADEMY 5: ASSIGNMENT MIAMI BEACH INCLUDES: Full-Screen Version • Featurette Mistaken Identity: Case Reopened • Theatrical Trailer • Languages: English & Francais • Subtitles: English, Francais & Espanol (Main Feature. Bonus Material/Trailer May Not Be Subtitled).

POLICE ACADEMY 6: CITY UNDER SIEGE INCLUDES: Widescreen [16X9 1.85:1] Version • Featurette Unholy Alliance: A Retrospective • Theatrical Trailer • Languages: English & Francais (Dubbed in Quebec) • Subtitles: English, Francais & Espanol (Main Feature. Bonus Material/Trailer May Not Be Subtitled).

POLICE ACADEMY 7: MISSION TO MOSCOW INCLUDES: Widescreen [16X9 1.85:1] Version • Featurette Underneath the Mission • Theatrical Trailer • Languages: English & Francais • Subtitles: English, Francais & Espanol (Main Feature. Bonus Material/Trailer May Not Be Subtitled).

NATIONAL LAMPOON'S LOADED WEAPON 1 INCLUDES: Full-Screen and Widescreen [16x9 1.85:1] Version • Cast/Crew Filmographies • Theatrical Trailer • Subtitles: English (Main Feature. Bonus Material/Trailer May Not Be Subtitled).

The Closer: The Complete Sixth Season
Moving up? the LAPD is looking for a new chief and Will Pope thinks he has the inside track. He soon has an unexpected rival for the job: Brenda (Best Actress Emmy® and Golden Globe® winner Kyra Sedgwick). And Brenda has an unexpected ally helping groom her for the selection process: Capt. Raydor. The contest for cheif is only one of the ingenious, suspenseful, often funny storylines that make Season Six of The Closer stellar entertainment. Join the squad as Sanchez looks after an orphaned boy, Tao goes undercover as a biker dude, Provenza and Flynn date airline attendants (turns out one of them has a corpse in her bathtub), and Brenda finds her family Christmas rudely interrupted by crime.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #5442 on: August 09, 2011, 11:10:50 AM »
Here's what I've gotten recently.

Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol
Sign up for more manic misadventure with the buffoons in blue, this time featuring rising stars Sharon Stone as a reporter who strikes sparks with Mahoney (Steve Guttenberg) and David Spade as a loopy skateboarder.

Cmdt. Lassard (George Gaynes) decides to toughen up neighborhood watch groups by training them to be Citizens on Patrol, or COPs. And guess who the instructors are? The same grads who thought the Fs on their own report card meant "Fantastic." When rival officer Lt. Harris (G.W. Bailey) sees the blue leading the beleaguered, he decides the time is ripe to discredit the Academy. But leave it to our hapless heroes to save the day - bumblingly - by taking to the skies on biplanes and balloons for a frantic finale. All aboard!

4 Film Favorites: Cop Comedy Collection
POLICE ACADEMY 5: ASSIGNMENT MIAMI BEACH INCLUDES: Full-Screen Version • Featurette Mistaken Identity: Case Reopened • Theatrical Trailer • Languages: English & Francais • Subtitles: English, Francais & Espanol (Main Feature. Bonus Material/Trailer May Not Be Subtitled).

POLICE ACADEMY 6: CITY UNDER SIEGE INCLUDES: Widescreen [16X9 1.85:1] Version • Featurette Unholy Alliance: A Retrospective • Theatrical Trailer • Languages: English & Francais (Dubbed in Quebec) • Subtitles: English, Francais & Espanol (Main Feature. Bonus Material/Trailer May Not Be Subtitled).

POLICE ACADEMY 7: MISSION TO MOSCOW INCLUDES: Widescreen [16X9 1.85:1] Version • Featurette Underneath the Mission • Theatrical Trailer • Languages: English & Francais • Subtitles: English, Francais & Espanol (Main Feature. Bonus Material/Trailer May Not Be Subtitled).

NATIONAL LAMPOON'S LOADED WEAPON 1 INCLUDES: Full-Screen and Widescreen [16x9 1.85:1] Version • Cast/Crew Filmographies • Theatrical Trailer • Subtitles: English (Main Feature. Bonus Material/Trailer May Not Be Subtitled).

Police Academy 4 - 7  :o
Some people really have too much space on their shelves.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #5443 on: August 09, 2011, 12:17:11 PM »
Received today:

Thanks to Warner!
I returned the movie to Amazon today.
This is possible (even though unsealed) because Warner delivered defective material.

W0m6at

« Reply #5444 on: August 09, 2011, 01:17:08 PM »
Received today:

Thanks to Warner!
I returned the movie to Amazon today.
This is possible (even though unsealed) because Warner delivered defective material.
Does this affect the US release, or just the German one?