Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 858042 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #495 on: June 01, 2008, 05:08:43 AM »
Whew I made it under the wire - it's 11:07 pm in Buffalo!

Happy Birthday Pete! :thundergod:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 01, 2008, 06:28:57 AM »
And yes... it is still my birthday for about an hour and a half.  :P
:heat:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 01, 2008, 11:43:25 AM »
Thank You Kathy! :)
Pete

lyonsden5

« Reply #498 on: June 01, 2008, 02:38:19 PM »
well it's not your birthday any more but belated wishes to you!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: June 01, 2008, 03:30:11 PM »
Thanks Rick :)
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 01, 2008, 06:41:54 PM »
Just get back at my home today and 2 packages from Amazon were waiting for me with those dvd :

I wait patienly for The Invaders since february, finally I will be able to rewatch this great classic series.

By the way Pete

I'm too late for the party  :whistle:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 01, 2008, 06:45:33 PM »
 :laugh: Quite Alright! :)

Would you recommend The Invaders as a blind buy?... I been curios about that one.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: June 01, 2008, 07:26:11 PM »
Would you recommend The Invaders as a blind buy?... I been curios about that one.
Certainly this is one the best tv series that I've seen, but don't forget that it was made in 1967. I will watch it this week and try to make a marathon with it (my first try with a tv show). This will probably give you a good idea of what is this show and don't worry I will not spoil it...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 01, 2008, 07:53:19 PM »
ok... Thanks Jimmy :)
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 03, 2008, 09:24:50 AM »
Well... I just placed my June order through Amazon...

Alien Nation: Ultimate Movie Collection
The legacy of 'Alien Nation', the truly original and exciting sci-fi series, continues in this magnificent collection of TV movies. Follow the further adventures of Los Angeles police detective Matt Sikes and his partner George Francisco, a fugitive slave from the planet Tencton who must, along with his brethren, struggle to assimilate to life on his adopted planet without sacrificing his own cultural identity. This intelligent, enthralling, and action-packed collection is a must-own for 'Alien Nation' fans and science fiction fans alike!

'ALIEN NATION: DARK HORIZON'
'Dark Horizon' picks up right where the series left off when Ahpossno, ruthless Overseer, is sent to Earth to return the Tenctonese to slavery, putting the fate of the entire planet on the line.

'ALIEN NATION: BODY AND SOUL'
Sikes and Francisco investigate the case of a girl who appears to be half-human and half-Tenctonese, and Sikes and his Newcomer love interest must learn about inter-species physiology.

'ALIEN NATION: MILLENIUM'
With the twentieth century drawing to a close, Francisco's son Buck is drawn into the deadly cult, and its up to Francisco and Sikes to save Buck and uncover the cult's sinister truth.

'ALIEN NATION: THE ENEMY WITHIN'
Francisco is forced to confront his own prejudices while investigating the death of an Eeno, a member of a lowly and reviled caste of Tenctonese waste-eaters.

'ALIEN NATION: THE UDARA LEGACY'
Could there be a connection between law-abiding Newcomers committing violent crimes and the Udara, a Tenctonese extremist movement dedicated to overthrowing the Overseers?

5 TV Reunion movies for a series that only lasted one season. I am not surprised as.. in my opinion... it was a really good series that ended too soon.I might have seen one or two of these movies before... but I honestly don't remember them. The descriptions of each movie don't sound familiar at least.

All-Star Family Feud
Richard Dawson is the original and best host of Family Feud during it's almost thirty year run. This DVD collection includes some of the best episodes featuring movie and television stars. ABC created a number of prime time one hour specials, where celebrity players competed for charity.

Relive hours of fun and so many laughs, and become part of the family again and again!

I admit it... I was never much for "Family Feud"... but I did always like when they had series stars against series stars. Since this set was on sale for less then $15 I figured it sounds like fun and I would like to see some of these episodes again... so why not.

The Dead Zone: The Final Season
Prepare to experience all-new spellbinding suspense and paranormal adventures as Johnny Smith (Anthony Michael Hall) faces the greatest challenges of his psychically-altered existence in this sixth and final season of The Dead Zone.

This is a series that I have really enjoyed every since the pilot episode. But a series I only ever watched on DVD. This is the 6th and final season of the series. I just really hope they new time enough in advance that they were able to put a good ending onto the series long arc.

The Dukes of Hazzard: 2 Movie Collection
What's more fun than 10 in the tank and four on the floor? Tom Wopat, John Schneider, Catherine Bach and more of your Dukes of Hazzard favorites together again!

In Reunion!, folks come home to Hazzard and discover a plot to turn Hazzard Swamp into a theme park...leaving the swamp critters high and dry. Before you can say wait a durn minute, the cousins are back in the General Lee, tearing up the roads to stop the nefarious scheme.

Then they head west for Hazzard in Hollywood and a big-time recording deal. It turns out the deal includes a Russian mobster, a sultry songstress from the 'hood, and a beautiful blonde vice'mayor with the hots for Enos.

Double the Dukes - double the down home fun!

This is the 2 reunion movies for the show. Even though it has been a long time... I am sure I seen both of these. Even though I honestly don't remember all that much about them. I think I would have liked to seen these in the last season set instead of separately... but at least they came out. This is a pre-order... they are released on June 10th.

Painkiller Jane
Kristanna Loken of Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines and Bloodrayne stars as Jane Vasco, a tough-yet-sexy DEA agent recruited by a covert government unit to hunt superhuman neurological aberrations - known as 'Neuros' - who can do dangerous things with their minds. But when Jane discovers that she herself can rapidly heal from any injury, she begins to investigate her own disturbing background. In this sole season of the Sci Fi Channel series, Jane and her team battle assassins, arsonists, time loops, prison breaks, mythical beasts, undead armies, killer hallucinations and more, all in a bullet-riddled world of the very near future where nothing may be what it seems...and pain is always a bitch.

This is the complete series set of a show I have never seen before... I never even seen a preview of any of the episodes. All I know is it sounds good to me... going by the description... and I wanted to check it out. When I spotted it on Amazon for only $20.00 I figured this is the best time to take a chance on the series. Hopefully I won't be too disappointed.

Sliders: Season 4
Slide into an out-of-this-world adventure as all 22 thrilling Season 4 episodes of 'Sliders' land on DVD for the first time ever! Reunite with genius Quinn Mallory (Jerry O'Connell) and his fellow Sliders – Rembrandt (Cleavant Derricks), Captain Maggie Beckett (Kari Wuhrer), and Quinn's brother Colin (Charlie O'Connell) – as they jump in and out of alternate Earthly realms, battle the ruthless Kromaggs, deal with their tricky doubles, search for their mysterious birth parents, and try to land on the elusive Earth Prime. Accompanying them on various leaps through time and space are spectacular guest stars including Adrienne Barbeau ('Escape from New York'), Shane Westz ('ER') and Malcolm Jamal-Warner ('Jeremiah'). It's an absolute must-have for every sci-fi fan!

This is another great sci-fi series I always enjoyed... yes the last couple seasons (Season 4 & 5) left a bit to be desired. More so season 5 then 4 in my opinion. But either way I did enjoy the series to the end... so I am glad to finally be able to add this set to my collection... and hope I will be able to complete the entire series before too long. Yes... I am in it till the end.

Survivor: Borneo (Season 1)
Survivor's premise is simple: maroon sixteen normal Americans - men and women chosen from all walks of life - on the island of Pulau Tiga, twenty miles off the coast of Borneo. Once every three days the castaways gather to vote one of their own off the island. The last person wins a million dollars.

What transpired became television history and a pop culture phenomenon was born. Now with this special DVD box set you can relive every bit of the original Survivor telecasts, plus see and hear many things not shown on TV.

OK... this one I had to fight with myself if I wanted to order or not. I got into Survivor late. My brother got me hooked on the show a few seasons ago... so I never seen the first several seasons. My only problem with it was... once I watch it the first time... would a reality series have re-watch value to it? I still don't know... but when I saw that Amazon had some of the sets on sale for only $12.50 I figured now is the best time to find out. But I did decide to order only 1 set as of right now. That being the first ever season... so I can see how the series originally started and see just how much it might have changed over the years.

Well... that is my order for the month of June. Of course I will see one or 2 more titles this month as I usually get DVDs for Father's Day as well. There is a couple of items that is out of the ordinary for me in this order... as well as a blind buy or two... so hopefully I won't be too disappointed in what I ordered. Any thoughts?
Pete

lovemunkey187

« Reply #505 on: June 04, 2008, 12:10:21 PM »
Payback - Straight Up: The Directors Cut.

Touti

« Reply #506 on: June 05, 2008, 04:40:30 AM »
Ordered from All Multimedia Storage

33"x34"x8.75

Holds 142 DVD's.  I know, it's not that many but then it's almost 1/3 of my current collection.

I received it today, it's not hung on the wall yet but it's assembled.  It's a very nice shelf, looks as nice as in the picture.  It's very well built with long screws to make sure it's tight, all the holes are pre-drilled and properly aligned, everything fits perfectly.  It took me about 1 hour to put it together without help.

I'm very happy with the look and the quality of the finish, it obviously doesn't look like a 1000$ shelf built on order but it's much better than the crap you would get at Walmart of Canadian Crapper for the same price.

I made mistakes when I placed my order and contacted them immediately after to ask how to correct it.  There customer service could "polish" their emails a little but I got quick replies and the changes were done correctly.

I will not hesitate to buy from them again, if all their storage units are of that same quality they're definitely one retailer that gives you good value for your money.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: June 05, 2008, 04:52:45 AM »
I'm very happy with the look and the quality of the finish, it obviously doesn't look like a 1000$ shelf built on order but it's much better than the crap you would get at Walmart of Canadian Crapper for the same price.
I have those cheap rack from Wallmart for my collection. 6 of them on a wall and yes they are cheap... A lot of rope is use to get this stable since it's very shaky without it. But on the positive side it cost me only a little bit over 120 $can  for a dvdcase with enough place for more than 1000 dvd.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 05, 2008, 11:27:28 PM »
A lot of movies in the mail this morning and more than 6 hours for profiling this today

All is from Amazon.ca

First from my wishlist with the help of a generous donator  ;)

with those movies

Next

With those 4 movies by Ray Dennis Steckler

Next this is the Dirty Harry week (if you don't know all the movie were release tuesday)

And finally a last one

I think that it's enough for today  :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #509 on: June 05, 2008, 11:29:59 PM »
Didn't you just get the Dirty Harry boxset, Jimmy? Looked to be some cool stuff in there. It looks like you actually paid for The Dead Pool, whereas you've got an excuse if it's in a boxset!  ;)