Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856776 times)

Fasteddie33

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4815 on: March 15, 2011, 02:42:44 AM »
Yeah,I know what you mean..I like to show off mine also..but ,it gives me more storage space for my Blu Rays...Because Im totaly out of space,LOL!!!

Rogmeister

« Reply #4816 on: March 15, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »
The Blockbuster video store in my area is shutting down and they're having a going-out-of-business sale.  I just got back from going there to check them out and I bought 8 titles.  Half the titles I got were DVDs and the other half were Blu-rays.  Here's what I came home with...

DVDs
Four Christmases--I mostly bought this because I love Reese Witherspoon...I'm not so crazy about Vince Vaughn.  I note the disc is an actual "Rental" disc.
I Could Never Be Your Woman--This is listed as a Blockbuster exclusive and I  never heard of it.  It's apparently a romantic comedy and stars Michelle Pfeiffer and Paul Rudd and is by director Amy Heckerling (who provides the commentary along with a female producer).
Management--Another movie I never heard of, this romantic comedy stars Jennifer Aniston and Steve Zahn.  Extras include a commentary by Zahn and the director, deleted scenes and a gag reel.
Whip It--Drew Barrymore's directorial debut, a film about a girl who gets involved in roller derby.  Ellen Page has the lead.

Blu-rays
Duplicity--I'm not sure...I may have already had this on DVD.  If so, it's my one upgrade to Blu-ray today.  It's my 2nd Julia Roberts film in the Blu format.  Extras include a commentary.
P.S. I Love You--I like the cast in this, especially on the female side (Hilary Swank, Lisa Kudrow, Gina Gershon, Kathy Bates)
Then She Found Me--Another film I never heard of...but it's got Helen Hunt in it!  Matthew Broderick, Colin Firth and Bette Midler are in this, too.  It turns out Helen Hunt also directed this and provides the audio commentary.
The Women--I have the original from the 40s (or is it 30s?) and now I have the remake with Meg Ryan, Annette Bening, Eva Mendes, Debra Messing and Jada Pinkett-Smith.  This got some not-so-great reviews but I got it for a good price so...

:tv:

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4817 on: March 15, 2011, 07:04:34 PM »
I got "Hatchet 2" yesterday, and today I get "Hatchet"!!!
also got "Transylvania 6-5000"...I remember watching this as a kid and Michael Richards cracked me up!!

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: March 15, 2011, 08:04:11 PM »
Today these arrived

Legacy: Black Ops

71: Into the Fire

Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: March 16, 2011, 05:19:43 AM »
I got "Hatchet 2" yesterday, and today I get "Hatchet"!!!
I watched Hatchet last weekend. In the special features the director (Adam Green; have you seen Frozen?) pointed out that he didn't want to make a horror comedy; the film is funny, but that is clearly separated from the horror. I feel he succeeded in that approach, making the first half rather funny and then switching gears in the second half. The film's kills are very gory (and will still earn a good laugh from any gorehound) and once Mr. Crowley appears things move along quite fast. In my opinion it's not up there with Freddy or Leatherface, but the film is great fun. I am considering to et part 2 (which he apparently conceived while writing the first one).

Wow, that almost became a review. :laugh:

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: March 16, 2011, 11:42:08 AM »
This arrived today

Ip Man 2

Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

kahless

« Reply #4821 on: March 16, 2011, 02:56:57 PM »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4822 on: March 16, 2011, 03:10:42 PM »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4823 on: March 16, 2011, 03:28:26 PM »
Either Amazon € 16,95 or Saturn "Buy 3 Pay 2"

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: March 16, 2011, 04:10:16 PM »
Haven't posted in this thread for a while, but someone may notice the theme of this batch...  :whistle:

The Arbor (UK 2010)IMDbTrailer
Director:  Clio Barnard
DVD:Verve Pictures (UK 2011)
  Brilliantlove (UK 2010)IMDbTrailer
Director:  Ashley Horner
DVD:Soda Pictures (UK 2011)
  Butterfly Kiss (UK 1995)IMDbTrailer
Director:  Michael Winterbottom
DVD:Second Sight (UK 2009)
  Fish Tank (UK 2009)IMDbTrailer
Director:  Andrea Arnold
DVD:Artificial Eye (UK 2009)
  Red Road (UK 2006)IMDbTrailer
Director:  Andrea Arnold
DVD:Verve Pictures (UK 2007)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 04:20:26 PM by goodguy »
Matthias

kahless

« Reply #4825 on: March 16, 2011, 04:28:39 PM »

Unstoppable

How much and where?

Saturn Hamburg, 17,99€

They have a special offer until saturday: 3 for 2, what means you buy 3 DVD's or blu-ray and pay for 2 (the cheapest will be charged for 1 cent!)

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4826 on: March 16, 2011, 05:13:41 PM »
Saturn Hamburg, 17,99€

They have a special offer until saturday: 3 for 2, what means you buy 3 DVD's or blu-ray and pay for 2 (the cheapest will be charged for 1 cent!)

Thanks. I don't go Saturn. They have Apothekenpreise.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

kahless

« Reply #4827 on: March 16, 2011, 06:45:46 PM »
Saturn Hamburg, 17,99€

Thanks. I don't go Saturn. They have Apothekenpreise.

That depends. You have to compare prices very carefully. Sometimes they have hidden 2 for 3 offers. This means you buy 2 DVD's and pay for 3!  :laugh:

Fasteddie33

« Reply #4828 on: March 16, 2011, 11:19:34 PM »
In todays mail,I got a pretty cool limited edition King Kong set,packed with cool stuff...and "The Mummy" franchise set and "Coraline" Blu Ray!!

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: March 17, 2011, 05:33:41 AM »
These arrived a few days ago:
The Secret in Their Eyes :dvd:
Persona :dvd:
Robot Chicken: Season 1+2+3 :dvd:

And two in the mail yesterday:
Gantz: The Complete Series :dvd:
There's Nothing Out There :dvd:

The Secret in Their Eyes is based on Jon's review.
The live action remake of Gantz is currently playing in cinemas here (I hope it has English subtitles; they don't always have). Seeing the trailer for that made me just as curious of its source material...