Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 824848 times)

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4140 on: November 19, 2010, 12:09:01 AM »
'My Summer of Love' is my least favourite. Not even the fact that the gorgeous Emily Blunt is in that film could save it for me.

Another RGM situation, I suppose. Tom wasn't too fond of it either. I think it's terrific.
Matthias

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4141 on: November 19, 2010, 12:11:57 PM »
Arrived this morning after being highlighted yesterday by ninehours  :thanks:

Passchendaele

Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Critter

« Reply #4142 on: November 19, 2010, 01:48:24 PM »
'My Summer of Love' is my least favourite. Not even the fact that the gorgeous Emily Blunt is in that film could save it for me.

Another RGM situation, I suppose. Tom wasn't too fond of it either. I think it's terrific.

It wasn't completely awful, but I just disliked the main girl a lot. I liked Emily Blunt, and her character but I just found the main unable to carry the film. I almost couldn't finish it, but I managed to get through as I am a huge Blunt fan.

kahless

« Reply #4143 on: November 19, 2010, 02:53:38 PM »
Could not resist to buy this edition in addition to the "standard" edition I already own:

Avatar (Extended Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]

A little upgrade to the DVD I have:

Flatliners [Blu-ray]

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4144 on: November 20, 2010, 12:50:01 AM »

It wasn't completely awful, but I just disliked the main girl a lot. I liked Emily Blunt, and her character but I just found the main unable to carry the film. I almost couldn't finish it, but I managed to get through as I am a huge Blunt fan.

I guess I was right then, because Nathalie Press as Mona (the main girl ;)) was a revelation. One of these days I have to post a proper review for this movie...

On a side note, the double-pack "Imagine Me & You / My Summer of Love" with the misleading label "Romantic Comedy Double" is certainly an odd combination. I wonder if there is anyone who likes both movies and not only one or the other.
Matthias

Critter

« Reply #4145 on: November 20, 2010, 12:53:29 AM »

I guess I was right then, because Nathalie Press as Mona (the main girl ;)) was a revelation. One of these days I have to post a proper review for this movie...

On a side note, the double-pack "Imagine Me & You / My Summer of Love" with the misleading label "Romantic Comedy Double" is certainly an odd combination. I wonder if there is anyone who likes both movies and not only one or the other.

Ha, I didn't even realise that it was a double pack. That seems odd to me. Aside from both films being about same sex relationships they really have nothing in common. And I haven't seen My Summer of Love for years but I don't remember it being a film that I would label a romantic comedy.

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4146 on: November 20, 2010, 01:50:22 PM »
These arrived throughout the week from various sources:

Matilda

True Romance

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Lions For Lambs

Underworld

EdwinK

« Reply #4147 on: November 20, 2010, 02:57:18 PM »
From a supersale ;)

Watership down

De Nieuwe Club van Sinterklaas

De Club van Sinterklaas: De Verdwijning van wagen 27

De Club van Sinterklaas en het blafpoeder

De Club van Sinterklaas: De Brieven van Jacob

De Club van Sinterklaas Deel 5

All for 5 euro.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4148 on: November 23, 2010, 09:26:17 PM »
Mein Leben & Ich: Staffel 5 (Amazon.de)
Even though I do not own season 4 yet, I have purchased seasons 5+6 because their prices dropped to under half of their usual price. Luckily also the price for season 4 dropped today and is ordered.
Mein Leben & Ich: Staffel 6 (Amazon.de)

Mujhse Shaadi Karogi (Amazon.de)
From my wishlist.
Waqt (Amazon.de)
From my wishlist.
Homo Faber (Amazon.de)
I have seen this years ago and remember enjoying it. I also have read the book in school and enjoyed it then.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 09:27:49 PM by Tom »

kahless

« Reply #4149 on: November 24, 2010, 04:07:29 PM »
Today:

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4150 on: November 24, 2010, 08:09:52 PM »
Today this arrived

Toy Story 3

Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4151 on: November 25, 2010, 12:20:41 PM »
and these arrived today

Metropolis

Beethoven: Piano Concertos 1 2 3 4 5

Europakonzert

Herbert Von Karajan: Memorial Concert

Dave

My Library

snowcat

« Reply #4152 on: November 25, 2010, 01:50:18 PM »
Its a Wonderful Life(Blu-ray)

Najemikon

« Reply #4153 on: November 25, 2010, 10:54:51 PM »
Remembering your comments after my review last year, Emma, do NOT watch the colourised version first.  :voodoo: I know I said it was well done (it is), but that's no excuse. It's A Wonderful Life is a black and white film and should be watched as such.

Just sayin'. ;)

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4154 on: November 25, 2010, 11:23:50 PM »
Remembering your comments after my review last year, Emma, do NOT watch the colourised version first.  :voodoo: I know I said it was well done (it is), but that's no excuse. It's A Wonderful Life is a black and white film and should be watched as such.

Just sayin'. ;)
My point exactly.
Thanks for "just sayin'" :thumbup: