Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 850936 times)

Rogmeister

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #4005 on: October 21, 2010, 08:53:18 PM »

Scrubs: The Complete And Final Ninth season is a DVD I picked up at a local store yesterday.  I'll have to check to make sure I have all the previous seasons as I can't remember if I ever got the 8th season...and those suckers aren't where I thought I put them!  :stars:

A few other DVDs I almost picked up yesterday included Iron Man 2 and Jonah Hex but I figured if Jonah was so bad I avoided seeing it in the theater, I'm not going to spend $15 on a permanent copy.  I did buy the following video games, all for my portable Nintendo DS...

Major League Baseball 2K10--I lost something like my first 5 or 6 games but have won a few now so I'm getting better.

Batman: The Brave and The Bold--Where Batman teams up with other heroes.

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

I also ordered some older games online a day or two ago for now defunct systems and they should be here soon...they include...

Teen Titans (GameCube)
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu (GameCube)
Superman Returns (Original Xbox)

I also ordered one DVD set but I won't mention that here until it actually arrives...  :tease:

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: October 22, 2010, 12:14:44 AM »
  Habitación en Roma (ES 2010, AKA Room in Rome)
Director: Julio Medem
DVD: R2-UK Optimum (Oct 18, 2010)

I saw this at the Oldenburg Film Festival and it might just be my favorite film of 2010. It's a sort-of remake of the Chilean En la cama, but brings it to a completely different level and it is simply gorgeous.
Trailer (NSFW): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_T4JmnTpj4
Matthias

kahless

« Reply #4007 on: October 22, 2010, 06:43:02 AM »

:clap:
I enjoyed it. Though I must admit that I enjoyed the cut-down version I saw in the cinema better. It removes a subplot which is just horribly executed (compared to the rest of the movie). It must be the only circumstance where I would pay again to own a cut(!) version of a movie. Sadly it is not available anywhere on DVD.

I suppose I'll enjoy the movie this weekend. I'm a little bit sad that this movie is currently not released on blu ray. So my 1st Bollywood on blu must still wait a little bit.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:45:06 AM by kahless »

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #4008 on: October 22, 2010, 06:42:46 PM »

I saw this at the Oldenburg Film Festival and it might just be my favorite film of 2010. It's a sort-of remake of the Chilean En la cama, but brings it to a completely different level and it is simply gorgeous.

Do you think I would enjoy it for my lesbian movie marathon?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4009 on: October 22, 2010, 06:56:51 PM »
Received this morning from Amazon Canada

The second one make me proud since it was distributed by Saguenay Films a company from my place in the canadian theatre (it's not often that a company from a small region like here play in the big league ;D).

Even more this is probably the kind of product I would distribute also if I was in bussiness. Just some exemple of the movies they have distributed : Blue Money (1972), Scream Bloody Murder (1973), Horror High (1974), Devil Times Five (1974), Asylum of Satan (1975), Trip with the Teacher (1975), Poor Pretty Eddie (1975), Pick-up (1975), Les mille et une perversions de Felicia (1975), Eaten Alive (1977), Cheerleaders' Wild Weekend (1979), Don't Answer the Phone! (1980), Galaxina (1980), ...

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #4010 on: October 22, 2010, 07:29:07 PM »
This arrived today from Amazon:

How to Train Your Dragon

kahless

« Reply #4011 on: October 22, 2010, 08:07:02 PM »
Arrived today:

EDIT:

Highly recommended - great movie!  :D
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 08:11:57 PM by kahless »

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: October 22, 2010, 08:57:54 PM »
Arrived Today...

The Bionic Woman: Season 1
She can run faster than 60 mph, bend massive steel bars, jump from insane heights, and hear sounds you can only imagine. She's no ordinary school teacher - she's The Bionic Woman. Relive the excitement of this iconic TV series starring Primetime Emmy® Award winner* Lindsay Wagner as Jaime Sommers, a woman leading the ultimate double life. After her unforgettable appearances on The Six Million Dollar Man as Colonel Steve Austin's (Lee Majors) true love, Jaime's story begins anew in these entertaining Season 1 episodes as she learns to deal with her new bionic abilities, becomes a top-secret agent for the Office of Scientific investigations, and deals with her changed relationship with Steve.

This one I been wanting for... I almost want to put my horror on hold so I can watch it!!  :P
Pete

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: October 22, 2010, 11:47:40 PM »

Do you think I would enjoy it for my lesbian movie marathon?

:hmmmm: Hard to say, but I think you will. First of all, two attractive women, naked for most of the movie, what's not to enjoy.  :) And despite being essentially restricted to a hotel room, it is very cinematic. It might come off as a bit artsy and heavy-handed at times, but whenever I was ready to roll my eyes, Medem made it work nonetheless. And while there are moments of sadness and melancholia, it isn't a "downer" (which you frequently objected to in your marathon as I recall).
Matthias

Critter

« Reply #4014 on: October 23, 2010, 09:17:56 AM »
I got a new monitor today.

Info: Acer 24" Widescreen, Black, 1920 x 1080, 5ms, 80000:1, VGA, DVI, HDMI, Speakers

By far the best monitor I have ever had. Now that I have it I honestly don't know how I spent so long with that tiny old low resolution thing I used to have.
I had great fun before searching the internet for huge 1920 x 1080 wallpapers. I've never before had desktop wallpapers look so good, no more low res for me ever again!

This is what I settled with:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4015 on: October 23, 2010, 09:23:53 AM »
Nice monitor...and cool wallpaper. :)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: October 23, 2010, 09:56:47 AM »
:thumbsup:

Great! I have had a 24" monitor (1920x1200) for a while now and wouldn't want to go back ever again as well. Congratulations and enjoy!

(Hmmm, well, of course at work I use a lower resolution, but I don't count that :laugh:)

Critter

« Reply #4017 on: October 23, 2010, 10:06:31 AM »
:thumbsup:

Great! I have had a 24" monitor (1920x1200) for a while now and wouldn't want to go back ever again as well. Congratulations and enjoy!

(Hmmm, well, of course at work I use a lower resolution, but I don't count that :laugh:)

Ha! I was actually the complete opposite. I have been in my new job about 5 weeks now and the monitor I work on at work was a fantastic 22inch high res one. After working on that all day it was a bit of a blow to come home to my tiny little one. So I finally went out and upgraded for myself. Now my new one is even better than the one at work  ;)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #4018 on: October 23, 2010, 10:30:22 AM »
I remember when I got the computer before this one..the monitor was like a 19 inch ..CRT I think it was.  Not a flat screen, so the thing weighed a ton.  Anyway, I got that nice big monitor..then at work I was still stuck using like a 15 inch.  That was bad.  also, I got use to the scroll on the new mouse really quick, so I kept trying to use it at work with a mouse that didn't have one.   :laugh:

kahless

« Reply #4019 on: October 23, 2010, 08:59:48 PM »
Arrived today - could not resist to order this. Sweet memories...  ;D