Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 850733 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3810 on: September 13, 2010, 10:14:43 PM »
 :laugh: I don't know who was worse! :P
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #3811 on: September 13, 2010, 11:51:53 PM »
What I don't like about The Nanny is it's being run now by two cable channels here in the U.S. (TV Land and Nick-At-Nite) and I believe the two are owned by the same corporation.  And if that isn't bad enough, they show it multiple times, 4 episodes or more per night.  Enough, already!

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: September 14, 2010, 12:00:16 AM »
I can't stand the way Fran Drescher talks and laughs. She bothers me so much I have to turn her off even if she is on talk show or promoting cancer research. I just can not listen to her.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3813 on: September 14, 2010, 03:34:36 AM »
Actually, it was on a whim. I watched a few episodes a few days ago when I couldn't sleep (dubbed german television) and ordered the first season. But her real voice needs getting used to. She sounds a lot like Chandler Bing's on-and-off girfriend ("Oh! My!! God!!!" - forgot the name), especially when she laughs...

Janice.  And you're right..she does sort of sound like her.  I never made that connection before.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3814 on: September 14, 2010, 03:37:38 AM »
What I don't like about The Nanny is it's being run now by two cable channels here in the U.S. (TV Land and Nick-At-Nite) and I believe the two are owned by the same corporation.  And if that isn't bad enough, they show it multiple times, 4 episodes or more per night.  Enough, already!

Yup..that is annoying.  One station or the other would be fine..but both is over kill.  They did that with Fresh Price of Bel Air for several years..and it seemed like every few months one of the stations was doing a week long marathon of the show.  That got old really fast and I can't stand to watch that show anymore.  It is getting that way with The Nanny.  It is just on too much.  I like some of the shows that Nick at Nite and TV Land show..but I just don't get why they play some of them to death and then barely show others before pulling them completely.

lovemunkey187

« Reply #3815 on: September 14, 2010, 11:41:12 AM »

#0473/1300.

Kinda curious about this, but why does this require a child profile?
It's the only film in the box so why is it classed as a boxset and not just custom packaging?

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3816 on: September 14, 2010, 12:26:21 PM »
It's the only film in the box so why is it classed as a boxset and not just custom packaging?[/color]

Maybe there's a bonus disc somewhere in there. Some people did the same with the The Lord of the Rings Collector's Edition. Because it contained the SEE and a bonus disc.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: September 14, 2010, 02:14:52 PM »
Received my first deliver from Axel Music today:

Piranha

Humanoids from the Deep

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: September 14, 2010, 02:33:29 PM »
It's the only film in the box so why is it classed as a boxset and not just custom packaging?[/color]

I thought I had set it up as Custom and was waiting for the updates to the enclosed disc before applying them to this. I added the enclosed disc as a child to gather updates to that profile as there would be more owners of that disc than the box-set. Please feel welcome to overwrite if you so wish.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: September 14, 2010, 06:32:51 PM »
Found them on Amazon. They have a Special Edition for $30 and a Limited Edition for $45. The latter seems to include some kind of a book and a (mini-)poster. I wish listed the former.

In the case of L'amour braque I actually went for the Limited Edition, but the SE should be sufficient judging by the others I have.

Possession
Does the German release have English subtitles?

Only German subtitles, but since the movie is in English this shouldn't be too much of a problem. Bildstörung is a relatively young German label with only a few releases of semi-obscure movies. I have bought two of them so far (Possession and Valerie), and both are of excellent quality in terms of transfer and extras.
Matthias

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3820 on: September 14, 2010, 07:01:21 PM »
True Blood: Season Two (Amazon.co.uk)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3821 on: September 15, 2010, 02:12:18 AM »
- I've already started watching it too.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: September 15, 2010, 06:17:45 AM »
Only German subtitles, but since the movie is in English this shouldn't be too much of a problem. Bildstörung is a relatively young German label with only a few releases of semi-obscure movies. I have bought two of them so far (Possession and Valerie), and both are of excellent quality in terms of transfer and extras.
I was asking for the subtitles because: The disc I have has only Spanish subtitles, again no problem, since the film is in English. I only would have felt sad for not shopping around better if it had English subs, because then I could have shown to me Taiwanese friend (Uhe shies away from watching English films withough any subtitles). Now I feel better :D

Bildstörung seems to be off to a good start with some nice stuff in their Portfolio. Like you said, almost like the German counterpart of Criterion.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: September 15, 2010, 03:32:48 PM »
Recent arrivals

Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush

Mulholland Drive

Verdi: La Traviata

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: September 15, 2010, 06:48:48 PM »
Since I buy a Mill Creek Boxset for the october marathon every year, I have to do it also this year. So this is the one I choose from Amazon Marketplace (contrary to the last year one the films are interesting).

The set include these 12 movies

Madmen of Mandoras isn't an horror film, but the original version of They Saved Hitler's Brain.
I already own Brain Twisters and The Devil's Hand from other boxsets.