Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 858027 times)

RossRoy

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #375 on: May 01, 2008, 08:28:20 PM »
Received this today, from Caiman (Amazon.ca Marketplace):

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 01, 2008, 09:03:08 PM »
Same seller that I usually bought from. That's why it takes you some time to receive it, usually I receive my package 10 days after they sent them. I suppose that you have ordered the others from them too? The thing that I like with Caiman is that they ship all the dvd individually, so we don't have to worry about the custom charges.

If I were you I will wait to receive "The Seduction Of Misty Mundae" to watch it first, they are equally good but SOMM is more conventionnal.

RossRoy

« Reply #377 on: May 01, 2008, 09:06:36 PM »
Same seller that I usually bought from. That's why it takes you some time to receive it, usually I receive my package 10 days after they sent them. I suppose that you have ordered the others from them too? The thing that I like with Caiman is that they ship all the dvd individually, so we don't have to worry about the custom charges.

Yeah, I order all three from them. Judging by the ship dates, the other two should come in tomorrow.

If I were you I will wait to receive "The Seduction Of Misty Mundae" to watch it first, they are equally good but SOMM is more conventionnal.

Thanks for that! I was just waiting to receive the other two and then ask you in what order I should watch them!  :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 02, 2008, 12:13:39 AM »
All the talk about Final Fantasy make me nostalgic to play them again. I have the games on my computer and the emulator to use them. But, I didn't have a joystick and play on the keyboard is not really great and not the same at all. To make a long story short : I've bought the missing joystick (Logitech Dual Action) and to my great surprise 2 dvd had jump in my bag  :whistle:

I've seen "Spaceballs" a lot of time but never in his original language (always the french dub). The other is a classic that I've never seen, but I like "Once Upon A Time in America" by the same director so I don't think it's a really big risk to take.

RossRoy

« Reply #379 on: May 02, 2008, 12:18:48 AM »

I've seen "Spaceballs" a lot of time but never in his original language (always the french dub).

This in one of very few movies where I've seen the french dub so many times, that I actually prefer it over the original language.

That being said, I love that movie! So funny!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 02, 2008, 12:30:01 AM »
This in one of very few movies where I've seen the french dub so many times, that I actually prefer it over the original language.

That being said, I love that movie! So funny!
The movie in this category for me is "Slapshot" even if I prefer to watch a movie in its original language. I'm too used to listen it in French Canadian and I'm sure that the english language is not colourfull enough to equals our language.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #381 on: May 02, 2008, 12:35:49 AM »
Spaceballs is a hard choice. I enjoy both versions (english and german) because both have intranslatable gags that I like.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #382 on: May 02, 2008, 12:58:49 AM »
Once Upon a Time in the West is one of my absolute favourite films. Utterly wonderful. Have you seen Leone's "Man with no name" trilogy?

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 02, 2008, 01:54:00 AM »
Have you seen Leone's "Man with no name" trilogy?
No, the only film I have seen directed by Sergio Leone is "Once Upon A Time In America" and it was a blind buy. I'm not a big fan of the western genre (cowboys/indians look boring to me), but for what I've read his western movies are completly different and he is Italian (I think that the Italian director are the most imaginative and talented ones) it's a big plus.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 02, 2008, 09:20:42 AM »
No, the only film I have seen directed by Sergio Leone is "Once Upon A Time In America" and it was a blind buy. I'm not a big fan of the western genre (cowboys/indians look boring to me), but for what I've read his western movies are completly different and he is Italian (I think that the Italian director are the most imaginative and talented ones) it's a big plus.
Once Upon a Time in the West is a GREAT film. ...and no Indians ;)

As for the No Name Trilogy, they are great films, not so much westerns, really (they are "spaghetti westerns" after all...). You may want to give them a try, if you enjoy the one that jumped in your shopping bag (I always find it funny how they manage to do that). I belive the first, well, at least one of them, is a remake of a Kurosawa movie, just with "cowboys" rather than samurai.

Najemikon

« Reply #385 on: May 02, 2008, 09:45:39 AM »
Once Upon a Time in the West is a GREAT film. ...and no Indians ;)

As for the No Name Trilogy, they are great films, not so much westerns, really (they are "spaghetti westerns" after all...). You may want to give them a try, if you enjoy the one that jumped in your shopping bag (I always find it funny how they manage to do that). I belive the first, well, at least one of them, is a remake of a Kurosawa movie, just with "cowboys" rather than samurai.

The first one, A Fistful of Dollars, is a remake of Yojimbo. All three are only vaguely linked to each other and The Good The Bad and The Ugly even gives the Clint Eastwood character a name ("Blondie"), but it was still marketed as the man with no name. Leone has an incredible style that does make his Westerns stand out from the others and his characters are usually more ruthless even when they are the good guys! The start on Once Upon A Time In The West is especially brilliant.

If you find you like Leone, your next foray into the West should be riding alongside Sam Peckinpah and The Wild Bunch...  ;) :training:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 02, 2008, 07:49:00 PM »
I'm a bad boy! Even though I promised I wouldn't... I just couldn't help myself... I got a movie while I was at Walmart to get my new digital camera.  :whistle: But in my defense... I was sure to pick something that wasn't on any of my wishlists.

Hatchet
Get ready for one of the most talked-about, red-blooded American horror movies of the past 20 years: When a group of New Orleans tourists take a haunted swamp tour, they slam face-first into the local legend of deformed madman Victor Crowley. What follows is a psycho spree of seat-jumping scares, eye-popping nudity, skull-splitting mayhem and beyond. 'Joel David Moore' (DODGEBALL), 'Deon Richmond' (SCREAM 3), 'Tamara Feldman' and 'Mercedes McNab' ('BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER') star - along with horror icons 'Kane 'Jason' Hodder', 'Robert 'Freddy Krueger' Englund' and 'Tony 'Candyman' Todd' - in this screamingly funny carnage classic that Ain't It Cool News hails as "so indescribably awesome that you just cannot conceive."

This one was a total blind buy... never even seen the trailer for it... but it sounds like it could be pretty good... as well as has a lot of actors/horror icons in it. (a big plus)
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 02, 2008, 10:26:34 PM »
I'm a bad boy! Even though I promised I wouldn't... I just couldn't help myself... I got a movie while I was at Walmart to get my new digital camera.  :whistle: But in my defense... I was sure to pick something that wasn't on any of my wishlists.
Nothing we can do about it when we are at Walmart, so no need to defend yourself. The dvd jump in our hands when we don't watch and when we are at the cash it's too late to replace them where they came from.

I know since they has played the same jumping game with me yesterday  ;)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 02, 2008, 10:57:38 PM »
Thats right Jimmy!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #389 on: May 04, 2008, 08:54:29 AM »

Seen in the theatre (dubbed).

Never seen. Some say, it's ok, some say, it's bad. What the hell, it was cheap and I want to know for myself.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools