Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856038 times)

Rogmeister

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3345 on: June 20, 2010, 02:37:58 AM »
I splurged on myself at Wal-Mart today...okay, I only averaged a bit over $10 per title so is that really "splurging"?  I'm too lazy to work up photos so I'll just type the titles...  :tease:

Appaloosa--This is actually the last movie I saw in a theater.

The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford--This was the cheapest movie at a mere $5.00.

Valentine's Day

Australia

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs--This was the most expensive one I got...that was because I chose to get the 2-disc "Super-Sized" edition.  I could've been cheaper and got the single disc from the value menu.  ::)

The Bucket List
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 02:41:37 AM by Rogmeister »

Critter

« Reply #3346 on: June 20, 2010, 02:42:58 AM »
I'd like to hear what you think of Australia Roger. A lot of Australians, including myself had some interesting opinions of it.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3347 on: June 20, 2010, 02:50:51 AM »
My mom and stepdad got Australia not that long ago.  I think they liked it.

Rogmeister

« Reply #3348 on: June 20, 2010, 05:12:58 AM »
I'll have to get my mindset ready for Australia since that is a 3-hour film.  The Jesse James movie is also a 3-hour film.  So those two movies are each a complete night's worth of entertainment.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: June 20, 2010, 06:45:42 AM »
I'd like to hear what you think of Australia Roger. A lot of Australians, including myself had some interesting opinions of it.
"Interesting"...? :hmmmm:

The (Cool) Shite on the Tube gang reviewed it and let's suffice to say, their rating was not "Cool".

Critter

« Reply #3350 on: June 20, 2010, 09:51:21 AM »
"Interesting"...? :hmmmm:

The (Cool) Shite on the Tube gang reviewed it and let's suffice to say, their rating was not "Cool".

Haha my review is also a little less than cool. It did have it's moments, but they were hard to come by through the stereotypes flowing out of every minute.

snowcat

« Reply #3351 on: June 20, 2010, 10:46:32 AM »
Haha my review is also a little less than cool. It did have it's moments, but they were hard to come by through the stereotypes flowing out of every minute.

...Arent most films filled with stereotypes? after all, doesn't everyone outside of britian think the british all sound like Hugh Grant  :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: June 20, 2010, 12:14:25 PM »
...Arent most films filled with stereotypes? after all, doesn't everyone outside of britian think the british all sound like Hugh Grant  :laugh:
Now hold on a minute. What does that have to do with Australia...? Are you saying they don't sound like Hugh Grant? :stars:

Najemikon

« Reply #3353 on: June 20, 2010, 12:47:25 PM »

:o "britian"? Emma, the Queen will have you for that one! :tease:

Stereotypes are one thing, but when produced by your own country, something else entirely. I've yet to hear a good word on Australia (the film ;)), but to be honest, Roger's viewpoint will be interesting as maybe, in all the generic pap, there are some Western style elements with some worth.

Rogmeister

« Reply #3354 on: June 20, 2010, 03:08:33 PM »
Wait a minute...you man Australia isn't a western?  :hmmmm:

Of course, now it will be hard to enter the viewing of this film objectively...  :-\

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: June 20, 2010, 03:22:46 PM »
Well Happy Father's Day to Me!... First a rant...

Last night I asked Britt what time she wanted me to wake her up since we are supposed to spend the day together. She tells me 8:00. So I wake her at 8:00 and she whines for another hour of sleep... so I let her sleep till 9:00. This time she wakes up. And wants to give me her gifts. We walk into the living room where I open my presents. And no sooner I do... I thank her and get a hug and a kiss. I turn around and she is gone! So I go back to her room and she is back in bed! I was like "uhh!" and she starts to laugh. I said that I thought we were going to spend time together today. She said we will. When she is awake! huh!?! That lazy thing!  :tease:

OK... not that rant is over. That sweet (although lazy) girl of mine got me....

Saw VI

The Incredible Hulk: Season 4

The Incredible Hulk: Season 5

I think when she does finally get up I should make her watch Stephen King's It with me!  :devil: Hey it is my day... it should be my choice!  :devil:

But all joking aside... I love what she got me... She did a great job picking things out. And I think I feel an Incredible Hulk Marathon coming up now that I own EVERYTHING!  :thumbsup:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: June 20, 2010, 03:45:19 PM »

Saw VI

I just noticed... my copy of Saw VI has a bonus movie with it... the first Saw movie. Cool deal... but seems kind of unnecessary to me. I mean if someone buys Saw VI most likely he already has the first one! :P
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #3357 on: June 20, 2010, 06:47:53 PM »

:o "britian"? Emma, the Queen will have you for that one! :tease:

Stereotypes are one thing, but when produced by your own country, something else entirely. I've yet to hear a good word on Australia (the film ;)), but to be honest, Roger's viewpoint will be interesting as maybe, in all the generic pap, there are some Western style elements with some worth.

...My apologies Jon (And the Queen) my bad..... "Britain"

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #3358 on: June 20, 2010, 08:35:13 PM »
0466 - Armstrong £0.25
0467 - Laurel & Hardy: Snow £1.00
0468 - Detroit Rock City £1.00
0469 - Look Who's Talking Too £1.00
0470 - Oscar £1.00
0471 - The Hard Corps £0.75
0472 - Fools Rush In £0.50
0472 - Safe £0.50
0473 - CSI Miami: Season 4 Set 2 £4.00
0474 - Carlito's Way £1.00
0475 - The Andromeda Strain £1.00
0476 - In a Man's World £1.00
0477 - Dead Scared £0.50
0478 - The Slim Shady Show £0.25
0479 - Midway £1.00
0480 - Surviving Christman £1.00
0481 - Large £0.75
0482 - Black Book £1.50
0483 - The Secret of My Success £1.00
0484 - King of Bandit Jing: Volume 2 £0.25
0485 - Liar £1.00
0486 - The Calcium Kid £0.25
0487 - Fail Safe £0.50

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: June 21, 2010, 07:10:00 AM »
Last night I asked Britt what time she wanted me to wake her up since we are supposed to spend the day together. She tells me 8:00. So I wake her at 8:00 and she whines for another hour of sleep... so I let her sleep till 9:00. This time she wakes up. And wants to give me her gifts. We walk into the living room where I open my presents. And no sooner I do... I thank her and get a hug and a kiss. I turn around and she is gone! So I go back to her room and she is back in bed! I was like "uhh!" and she starts to laugh. I said that I thought we were going to spend time together today. She said we will. When she is awake! huh!?! That lazy thing!  :tease:
I thought you have a teenage daughter? So why the surprise? :P