Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856255 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3255 on: June 10, 2010, 03:31:27 AM »
Tales from the Crypt: The Complete Second Season

The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season One

The Dick Van Dyke Show: Season Two

Eureka: Season One

The Forbidden Kingdom

Angels & Demons

Young Sherlock Holmes

Shutter Island

The Gift

RossRoy

« Reply #3256 on: June 10, 2010, 03:35:55 AM »
The Forbidden Kingdom

This probably looks amazing in Blu ray!

Not really related but ...

Has House of Flying Daggers been released on Blu ray yet?

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3257 on: June 10, 2010, 03:46:26 AM »
I thought it would look good...and I found it cheap, so I decided to pick it up.

kahless

« Reply #3258 on: June 10, 2010, 06:26:28 AM »
Has House of Flying Daggers been released on Blu ray yet?

At least it is available at Amazon.Com

Rogmeister

« Reply #3259 on: June 10, 2010, 03:29:06 PM »
I received a package of 4 titles yesterday.  I had ordered 6 titles...Dick Powell's Zane Grey Theater arrived previously and one other title is not scheduled for release until next month.  Here's what I got yesterday...

Have Gun Will Travel: The Fourth Season, Volume One contains 19 episodes on 3 discs.  I also ordered the second volume but that's the title that won't be released until sometime in July.

Stagecoach: The Criterion Collection is a 2-disc collection (also available on Blu-ray).  It has a lot of extras and comes with a nice 36-page booklet which reprints the original short story the movie was based on.  This is the only movie I ordered...everything else is TV (and everything is a western).

Wagon Train: The Complete First Season is in a fancy-looking tin.  This is a 10-disc set making it the biggest set I ever ordered as far as number of discs goes.  This series starred Ward Bond and Robert Horton but Bond unfortunately passed away during the 3rd season.

Whispering Smith was originally a feature film starring Alan Ladd and this series is loosely based on that.  Unfortunately, the series had bad luck against it from the start.  One of the co-stars broke his arm when he fell off a horse and another committed suicide.  The series began filming in 1959 but, because of these problems, did not begin airing until 1961.  NBC only aired 20 of the completed 25 episodes but all 25 are in this set.  
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:32:45 PM by Rogmeister »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: June 10, 2010, 05:24:33 PM »
Received this morning from Amazon France. As I import it from France you know what genre of film it is :whistle:

Just by doing the profile it was really evident that the quality is way better compare to the previous VCX released I own. More about it on my blog later today with of course a visual comparaison between the 2 DVDs.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: June 10, 2010, 09:06:40 PM »
What with me placing 3 orders on 3 different days... I was shocked to see all 3 orders arrive today!  :clap:

Now I just need to figure out what to watch first!  :P
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: June 11, 2010, 01:02:44 AM »
More about it on my blog later today with of course a visual comparaison between the 2 DVDs.
It's done ;D
off course some pictures are unsafe for works, but I've posted more risqué pictures than those on my blog before :laugh:

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: June 11, 2010, 09:28:49 AM »
   Phase IV (1974)
R1-US Legend Films (2008)

Does anyone else remember this? Or the The Hellstrom Chronicle (1971)? Having recently rewatched the latter after a very long time (although it is still unavailable on DVD), I didn't realize how much the gloomy sci-fi thriller and the bleak fake documentary had been blurred together in my memory, mainly due to the fantastic microphotography by Ken Middleham that was used in both.
   The Company of Wolves (UK 1984)
R2-UK Granada Ventures (2005)

I'm sure I have seen this once, but I only remember two (pretty great) scenes from it. Apparently it was heavily influenced by the magnificent Czech film Valerie and Her Week of Wonders (1970), at least according to the intro on my DVD of that film.
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: June 11, 2010, 10:01:18 AM »
Phase IV (1974)
The Company of Wolves (UK 1984)
I know I have seen Phase IV (at least I am pretty certain) but don't remember any of it.

The Comnpany of the Wolves is basically Little Red Hiding Hood (?; anyway: Rotkäppchen) retold for adults. I have always liked it myself and wouldn't mind upgrading my DVD.

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: June 11, 2010, 04:39:21 PM »
forgot that yesterday this arrived

The Spaghetti Western Trilogy

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: June 11, 2010, 06:38:24 PM »
Received this morning from Alternative Cinema

As requested the profile for this one is attach to my post. But I would appreciate if you could do a new scan when you will get the dvd, my scan isn't really great for this one...

RossRoy

« Reply #3267 on: June 11, 2010, 06:45:57 PM »
As requested the profile for this one is attach to my post. But I would appreciate if you could do a new scan when you will get the dvd, my scan isn't really great for this one...

You'll probably have to remind me when I get it though, because I may receive it only at the beginning of August since I ordered the other box set which comes out only on July 27th.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3268 on: June 11, 2010, 08:36:11 PM »
I don't remember in which thread we talked about Blu-ray releases of Bollywood movies, so I post it here.
I stumbled across two other UK Blu-ray releases. Sadly only after I already bought the German DVD releases:

Chak De! India

Billu Barber

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: June 11, 2010, 08:38:55 PM »
Columbia House Sucks!!!
I was just thinking the other day I should be seeing something in my email a while ago. Then figured I was imagining more time going by then did. But what happens? I find a DVD in the mailbox today that I did not order because I never received an email notice of the "Director's Choice"... and ended up with...

It's Complicated
Two-time Academy Award® winner* Meryl Streep, Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin star in this hilarious look at marriage, divorce and everything in between. Jane (Streep) has three grown kids, a thriving Santa Barbara bakery and an amicable relationship with her ex-husband, Jake (Baldwin). Now, a decade after their divorce, an innocent dinner between Jane and Jake turns into the unimaginable - an affair. Caught in the middle of their rekindled romance are Jake's young wife and Adam (Martin), a recently divorced architect who starts to fall for Jane. Could love be sweeter the second time around? It's... complicated! From writer/director Nancy Meyers comes the comedy that critics call "laugh-out-loud funny" (Rex Reed, THE NEW YORK OBSERVER).

*1982 Best Actress, Sophie's Choice and 1979 Best Supporting Actress, Kramer vs. Kramer.

So can anyone here tell me... is this at least a good movie?  I may not be happy about this... but I am not going to go through the trouble of sending it back.
Pete