Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856440 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3165 on: June 01, 2010, 04:35:04 PM »
Uwe Boll and The Hobbit  :hmmmm:
It's probably the only way to interest me in this movie... I'm one of the few who were bored to death by the endless Lord of the Ring movies (the books are so much better for me).
Definitely nothing special in my opinion. I personally wouldn't rank it anywhere near Day of the Dead.
I said the best one in the action packed zombie category, not zombie movie in general. Shaun of the Dead for one is better than HOTD. BTW Pete the music must have annoyed you a lot :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 04:40:02 PM by Jimmy »

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3166 on: June 01, 2010, 05:04:01 PM »
It's probably the only way to interest me in this movie... I'm one of the few who were bored to death by the endless Lord of the Ring movies (the books are so much better for me).

You are a weird man. ;)

It took me three attempts to even get over the first hundred pages of LOTR. They're wandering down the green slopes, along (another word for "green") valleys, on (yet another word for "green") meadows and then ... they wander more on something green.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: June 01, 2010, 05:12:46 PM »
Got my gift from my sis-in-law now...

The Legend of Zorro: Widescreen Special Edition

will explain more in the birthday thread.
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: June 01, 2010, 10:34:12 PM »
today we have

Admeto

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3169 on: June 01, 2010, 11:27:07 PM »
Love Aaj Kal (Amazon.de)
Stumbled across this one, when I updated the Filmfare Awards file. This movie was nominated a lot this year.
Om Shanti Om (Amazon.de)
I was in the mood to order another Shah Rukh Khan movie after watching Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi recently.
Dil To Pagal Hai (Amazon.de)
Another Shah Rukh Khan movie. It has been on my wishlist for awhile now.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: June 02, 2010, 09:43:56 AM »
   Institute Benjamenta, or This Dream People Call Human Life (UK 1995)
R2-UK British Film Institute (May 17, 2010)

The first of only two feature-length films by the Quay Brothers, who are probably better known for their animation shorts.
Only available as a combo release, so this happens to be my first Blu-ray.
Matthias

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3171 on: June 03, 2010, 10:42:54 AM »
The Incredible Hulk: Season 4

Leverage: The 1st Season

Alice in Wonderland

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret Of The Ooze

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: June 03, 2010, 11:00:02 AM »
I placed my monthly order first thing this morning. This month I decided to concentrate on TV Series... as I hit a nice sale at amazon and the fact that I have WAY too many movies to catch up on at this point anyway also helps in the decision. So this month I am getting..

CSI: Season 4
CSI: Crime Scene Investigation™,winner of the 2004 People's Choice Award for "Favorite Television Dramatic Series," comes to DVD in a 6-Disc set with all 23 episodes from Season Four. Look closer...there are also new, never-before-seen bonus features that also warrant further investigation.

After getting hooked on this series over the past year I am thrilled to be able to add the 4th season to my collection. It has been a few months since I bought season 3... so looking forward to getting back into this awesome show. I found this set on sale at amazon for only $16.99!

Haunted: The Complete Series
ONCE HAPPILY MARRIED and the rising star of the Seattle police force, Frank Taylor's guilt over the kidnapping of his son destroyed his marriage and cost him his job. Two years later, now a private investigator specializing in finding missing persons, Frank is shot by a suspect whom he in turn kills.

On the operating table Frank (Matthew Fox) is declared dead, but then is miraculously revived. Afterwards, however, Frank begins to have strange episodes. He hears unusual noises and sees people who aren't there, including the suspect he killed, and realizes that he's still connected to the world of the dead. Frank is desperately frightened, until he comes to realize that his hauntings can help him solve cases and save lives, and may ultimately help him solve the mystery of what happened to his son.

I never even heard of this show until I recently spotted the DVD set at Amazon for only $14.99. But the plot of this series sounds too good to me not to take a chance on it. After looking into the show I found out it is a short lived series... being canceled after only 7 episodes. But 11 episodes was produced. This DVD set contains the entire 11 episodes that was produced.

The Incredible Hulk: Season 3
Primetime Emmy® Award Nominee Bill Bixby and the iconic Lou Ferrigno return as The Incredible Hulk in The Complete Third Season of the action-packed , unforgettable Television Series! Rejoin heroic scientist David Banner (Bixby) as he continues his quest to find a cure that will stop his transformations into the enraged Hulk (Ferrigno). This 5-disc set includes all 23 exciting episodes and all-new bonus content featuring show creator Kenneth Johnson. Joining The Hulk on his mysterious journeys are impressive guest stars, including Robert Davi (Profiler). Don't make him angry—take home Season Three today!

This show is one of my favorites from my childhood. It took me a while but I finally am getting past the half way mark in my collection. Looking forward to seeing these episodes again.

NCIS: Season 6
NCIS: THE SIXTH SEASON finds the highly skilled NCIS team still under the able command of Special Agent Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), an uncompromising leader who will see justice done – even if it means bending the rules. This season, Gibbs welcomes new members to the unit, while directing the veteran agents in their dangerous investigations outside the chain of Naval and Marine command. Co-starring Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, David McCallum, Sean Murray, Cote de Pablo, and Rocky Carroll, this 6-disc set includes all 25 action-packed Season 6 episodes, along with high-caliber, behind-the-scenes special features.

I am so thrilled I found this set on sale! NCIS is probably my favorite current series now. This purchase brings me up to date on the DVD releases. Well for a while as Season 7 should be coming out soon now that the season came to an end.

And then on Pre-Order:

13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo
In The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo, mystery and mayhem prevail when Scooby-Doo and Shaggy accidentally set free a pack of troublemaking spooks. On a trip to Honolulu, Daphne's plane winds up landing in Tibet. While visiting a temple, Scooby and Shaggy are tricked into opening the Chest of Demons, which houses 13 of the most-frightening ghosts and ghouls to ever haunt the earth. The ghosts however, can only be returned to the chest by those who originally released them. To prevent them from wreaking havoc upon the world, the gang embarks on a global quest to recapture them. Scooby-Doo's nephew, Scrappy-Doo, a mischievous boy named Flim-Flam, and warlock Vincent Van Ghoul join the team throughout the season, as they set out to trap the escaped specters.

This is another show from when I was a kid. To be honest I really remember little about it other then I used to enjoy it. Well that and that Vincent Price lent his voice to this show. This one is released on June 29th... so I still have almost a month's wait for it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: June 03, 2010, 11:03:35 AM »
The Incredible Hulk: Season 4

Glad to see I not the only one working on this series here. I am really looking forward to adding season 4. It has 2 of my favorite (2-part) episodes in it... Prometheus where he gets stuck in mid transformation and The First where he meets another scientist that had a problem like his... hoping that he has a cure for him. I put both season 4 and season 5 on my Father's Day wish list for Britt. So who knows... maybe I will get lucky! :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3174 on: June 03, 2010, 11:19:31 AM »
I was going to mention that the seasons of Hulk are on sale at Amazon right now..but you probably know that since you ordered the 3rd season. :)

I found the first 3 seasons at the one Walmart here in town for $13 like a week ago.  A few days later I added season 4 and 5 to my wish list at Amazon..then like a day later they went on sale so I grabbed them.  Season 5 is on the way..probably get it later today or tomorrow.  I sort of remember watching this when I was growing up, though I can't remember much..I just sort of remember him turning into the Hulk. 

I've been considering getting another season or 2 or CSI...or the Dick Van Dyke Show.  I haven't decided yet.  I'll try to decide soon so I don't miss the sale prices.  It is hard to know how long some of it is on sale.

I did see Haunted at Walmart here the other day and I considered it..it does sound interesting.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: June 03, 2010, 11:28:18 AM »
I would definitely recommend both The Dick Van Dyke Show (I have every season) and CSI (Only seen the first 3... hopefully they remain good!)

I am looking forward to Haunted... but noticed when I put it into DVD profiler that the profile needs LOTS of work. No credits what so ever... wrong overview... needs new scans... disc IDs... child profiles... the works! Oh well at least it is a short series so shouldn't take too long to do! :P
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3176 on: June 03, 2010, 11:37:12 AM »
I have 2 or 3 seasons of CSI so far..I still like the show, so I do want to get them at some point.  I try to watch for sales.  It seems like sometimes none of the tv shows I want are on sale..now a bunch of them are.  I just discovered that Tales From the Crypt is on sale too.  So I have even less of a clue what I'm getting now.   :laugh:

In going thorough my stuff to change some sort titles, I've discovered a lot of mine that need more work..overviews..cast..stuff like that.  The overviews I will probably get to eventually.  I'm not sure about the cast..I'll see.  I did find a bunch of my tv show sets that had movie rating instead of tv, so I fixed those anyway.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3177 on: June 03, 2010, 11:38:44 AM »
I was going to mention that the seasons of Hulk are on sale at Amazon right now..but you probably know that since you ordered the 3rd season. :)

Thanks for the heads up! :)
I have been waiting to complete this series. Also I got stuck after the second season.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3178 on: June 03, 2010, 11:46:55 AM »
I'm glad I mentioned it then. :)

Oh, I forgot to say before..I use to watch Dick Van Dyke show all the time when it was on Nick at Nite or TV Land..I loved it.  Which is why I am very tempted to pick up a few seasons..or all of them, while they are on sale at Amazon.

I need to win the lottery to cover my DVD buying.   :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: June 03, 2010, 12:59:41 PM »
Many fans of Hulk the social worker here :laugh: