Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 855393 times)

RossRoy

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #3090 on: May 15, 2010, 08:13:44 PM »

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Najemikon

« Reply #3092 on: May 15, 2010, 08:43:41 PM »
Absolutely keep them! Shiny.  :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: May 16, 2010, 04:57:31 PM »
Yup.. I keep them as well
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: May 17, 2010, 06:54:14 AM »
Definetly keeping them as well. Used to throw them out 10 years ago but I feel better now.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3095 on: May 17, 2010, 07:00:07 AM »
Several years ago either my mom or step dad threw one away.  They had watched a movie - I can't remember which one now.  Anyway, they watched it not long after I got it.  When I went to get it, the slip case thing was missing..I looked for it and couldn't find it.  Then asked my mom.  She said she threw it out because it wasn't needed.  I think I had a minor panic attack.   :laugh:  I am a bit... compulsive about my DVDs.  It even bugs me that some of the cases are weird sizes and things don't line up properly on my shelves.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: May 17, 2010, 07:08:50 AM »
I think I had a minor panic attack.   :laugh: 

I know the feeling. I have the Superman collection, all films in tin-box. Around the tin box was a cardboard wraparound thingy. One day after work I camehomew to find it missing. Seems the lady doing the cleaning of my place felt it was unnecessary. Panic attack for me too. I had someone tell here not to do it again.

Unfortunately, it happened omnce after that. Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection also had a cardboard wrapper thingy, it's also gone :(

...don't worry, the lady is still alive and still doing the cleaning for me. I only pay extra attention to have none of the cardboard wraps lying around on cleaning-day.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3097 on: May 17, 2010, 08:45:10 AM »
I have that Superman set..and now that you mention it...my cardboard wrap thingy for it may be missing too.  Ack. 
Ok...deep breath.  I'm gonna have to go looking for it now though. 

Some of my box sets - like for the Simpsons seasons - have these paper things on the back of the case.  I keep those too.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3098 on: May 17, 2010, 10:07:50 AM »
If it's a full-sized sleeve I keep it, too. But the Star Trek TNG boxes came with a 3 inch cardboard banderole around the plastic "lunch boxes" and I decided it looked better without them, so I threw them out.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

RossRoy

« Reply #3099 on: May 17, 2010, 06:26:25 PM »
If it's a full-sized sleeve I keep it, too. But the Star Trek TNG boxes came with a 3 inch cardboard banderole around the plastic "lunch boxes" and I decided it looked better without them, so I threw them out.

I do that too. If the slip case is the same size as the box it covers, I keep it. If not, I put it inside the box, folded if necessary.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #3100 on: May 17, 2010, 07:27:43 PM »

I keep slip covers (even if I am not a fan of those). But I also got rid of those with all the Star Trek cases. But I cut out the UPC (because of Profiler) and put it inside the case  :laugh:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3101 on: May 17, 2010, 08:35:32 PM »
Today I got this:

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #3102 on: May 17, 2010, 11:26:14 PM »
I have a friend that doesn't have many DVDs.  I've gotten him a few movies and tv shows on DVD for his birthday and Christmas over the years.  He is planning to move in a few months and a few weeks ago he told me he threw out all the DVD cases.  I felt like saying see if I get you any more DVDs..but I didn't.  I was also thinking that I wasn't letting him anywhere near mine.  There is no way I could deal with not having cases for my movies.  That would bring on a full blown panic attack and I don't think it would be pretty.

karmesinrot

« Reply #3103 on: May 17, 2010, 11:48:18 PM »
I keep the slipcases, I think they're smarter than the plastic cases

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: May 18, 2010, 06:58:22 AM »
I would agree as far as the Superman set is concerned. That banderole is only half size and the tin box can stay closed by itself. However, the Hitchcock set has like a little door to open and get to the discs and that does not stay closed without the cardboards banderole. :(