Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 824929 times)

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #2940 on: April 18, 2010, 04:24:13 AM »
Fort Apache (1948)
Seven Men from Now (1956)
The Cowboys (1972)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2941 on: April 19, 2010, 01:06:58 AM »
Here's what I've gotten in the last few weeks.

Najemikon

« Reply #2942 on: April 19, 2010, 01:55:57 AM »
Shaun the Sheep!  :thumbup: Have you seen it before, Marie?

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2943 on: April 19, 2010, 02:52:08 AM »
I have another Shaun the Sheep DVD...I can't think of the exact title now, but it has some scary or creepy type of stories on it. I was thinking I had another one, but now I think there was just an episode or two on the last Wallace & Gromit DVD I got.

Rogmeister

« Reply #2944 on: April 19, 2010, 03:08:49 AM »
Fort Apache (1948)
The Cowboys (1972)

Wow, I have all three of these.  And I enjoy all three.  Fort Apache is part one of Ford's celebrated "Cavalry Trilogy" (followed in order by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon and Rio Grande) and I really like Seven Men From Now thanks to the cast...Gail Russell is beautiful and Lee Marvin is as evil a western villain as you can get.   The Cowboys has a favorite western score of mine...by John Williams.  This was the one and only time he ever scored a John Wayne film.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: April 19, 2010, 03:54:29 AM »
Fort Apache (1948)
The Cowboys (1972)

Wow, I have all three of these.  And I enjoy all three.  Fort Apache is part one of Ford's celebrated "Cavalry Trilogy" (followed in order by She Wore A Yellow Ribbon and Rio Grande) and I really like Seven Men From Now thanks to the cast...Gail Russell is beautiful and Lee Marvin is as evil a western villain as you can get.   The Cowboys has a favorite western score of mine...by John Williams.  This was the one and only time he ever scored a John Wayne film.

I saw The Cowboys in its original run back in 1972 and really liked it.

It's funny how certain films can bring back memories you thought you had long forgotten. I saw this with my father on a Sunday night. Now my father and I were far from close, so whenever we did something, it sticks in my mind. I can even remember the pizza we had at this long since closed Italian restaurant my family used to frequent when I was young.

Najemikon

« Reply #2946 on: April 19, 2010, 12:46:01 PM »
I have another Shaun the Sheep DVD...I can't think of the exact title now, but it has some scary or creepy type of stories on it. I was thinking I had another one, but now I think there was just an episode or two on the last Wallace & Gromit DVD I got.

Shaun first appeared in The Wrong Trousers? Just beware, this spin-off was aimed at young kids. It's still funny and it's hilarious seeing Shaun as the only really intelligent sheep in his flock, it's just not as sophisticated as the Wallace and Gromit.

Fort Apache (1948)
The Cowboys (1972)

I saw The Cowboys in its original run back in 1972 and really liked it.

It's funny how certain films can bring back memories you thought you had long forgotten. I saw this with my father on a Sunday night. Now my father and I were far from close, so whenever we did something, it sticks in my mind. I can even remember the pizza we had at this long since closed Italian restaurant my family used to frequent when I was young.

A friend of mine just told me about a pub quiz he did and this is one of the questions: Why was Laura Dern bullied at school? :P

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: April 19, 2010, 04:00:40 PM »
Today the following arrived

Alvin and the Chipmunks: Double Trouble Pack

The Box

The Glass Mountain

Cavalleria Rusticana / Pagliacci

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: April 19, 2010, 04:51:56 PM »
A friend of mine just told me about a pub quiz he did and this is one of the questions: Why was Laura Dern bullied at school? :P

Because her father shot the Duke in the back...NEXT! :tease:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2949 on: April 19, 2010, 07:03:42 PM »

Shaun first appeared in The Wrong Trousers? Just beware, this spin-off was aimed at young kids. It's still funny and it's hilarious seeing Shaun as the only really intelligent sheep in his flock, it's just not as sophisticated as the Wallace and Gromit.

I know there was a sheep in one of the Wallace & Gromit shorts..though wasn't the penguin in The Wrong Trousers?  I think the sheep was in A Close Shave.  Anyway, I got a new Wallace & Gromit DVD last year...A Matter of Loaf and Death, and there was one of the Shaun the Sheep cartoons on it.  Then in October I got the one DVD that was just Shaun the Sheep.  I think I did a review of it on Epinions.  I'll have to look.

snowcat

« Reply #2950 on: April 19, 2010, 07:28:11 PM »
Feathers Mcgraw the penguin was in the Wrong Trousers, Shaun was in a Close Shave.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2951 on: April 19, 2010, 07:44:52 PM »
Today I got:

As you can see, i'm currently in a abit of a Guilty-Pleasure-B-Movie rush.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 08:14:00 PM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Najemikon

« Reply #2952 on: April 20, 2010, 01:24:56 AM »
Oooh, Life on mars!  :thumbup:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #2953 on: April 20, 2010, 07:52:17 AM »
Oooh, Life on mars!  :thumbup:

When it ran on TV here I ignored it but once I knw The Master I thought I should give it a try.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

karmesinrot

« Reply #2954 on: April 20, 2010, 11:32:35 AM »

I know there was a sheep in one of the Wallace & Gromit shorts..though wasn't the penguin in The Wrong Trousers?  I think the sheep was in A Close Shave.  Anyway, I got a new Wallace & Gromit DVD last year...A Matter of Loaf and Death, and there was one of the Shaun the Sheep cartoons on it.  Then in October I got the one DVD that was just Shaun the Sheep.  I think I did a review of it on Epinions.  I'll have to look.

I love Shaun the Sheep, I've got the first season complete set, but the song always gets stuck in my head!!