Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 826653 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #2520 on: January 15, 2010, 09:22:21 PM »

Finally arrived! This one took  a good 2 weeks to get here!
Pete

lovemunkey187

« Reply #2521 on: January 16, 2010, 04:34:35 AM »
Fast & Furious (DVD)
The Spirit (BLU)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #2522 on: January 16, 2010, 05:10:13 AM »
I was considering to buy the Season 20 of the The Simpsons on Blu-ray, especially for the Mypods and Broomsticks (or so) episode. Then I kept hearing that the Simpsons are not really up to snuff anymore. I previosuly bought only seasons 1-6 and then stopped when they used that first "special packaging".

What's your take?

I still like the show.  I'm not happy with the cases they have used for this one and the last two seasons that came out, but I still like the show overall.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #2523 on: January 16, 2010, 12:00:07 PM »
Forever Knight: Season One (DVD Pacific)
A TV series I have watched when I caught it on TV many years ago. I have never seen the complete series.
Forever Knight: Season Two (DVD Pacific)

Forever Knight: Season Three (DVD Pacific)

Heroes: Season Three (Amazon.com)
Continuing another series.
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles: Season Two (Amazon.com)
This is the season set I have most anticipated finally owning. I didn't have a chance yet to watch the second season.
True Blood: Season One (Amazon.com)
This series has been recommended to me by a friend. But I am still not sure if it is something for me.
Psych: Season Three (Amazon.com)
I have the urge to continue watching this series for awhile. Finally I have the chance.
The Office: Season Five (Amazon.com)
Continuing another good series.

snowcat

« Reply #2524 on: January 16, 2010, 08:01:28 PM »
Wow! I can't believe Season 5 of the office is out :( Season 4 isn't out over here yet! I may have to import I can't wait until March!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: January 16, 2010, 10:17:03 PM »
Brittany is spending the weekend over her grandmother's house. And she went to a flea market and got a DVD set she didn't care for at all... so she told me she is going to give it to me.

It is a 2-disc best of set of a TV series from the UK. A series I never seen before... so tell me... is this show any good?...

The Best of The original Avengers: Ultimate Collection

It includes the episodes:
- Mr. Teddy Bear
- Don't Look Behind You
- Death at Bargain Prices
- Too Many Christmas Trees
- Look - (Stop Me If You've Heard This One) But There Were These Two Fellers...
- All Done with Mirrors
Pete

richierich

« Reply #2526 on: January 16, 2010, 11:37:09 PM »
Brittany is spending the weekend over her grandmother's house. And she went to a flea market and got a DVD set she didn't care for at all... so she told me she is going to give it to me.

It is a 2-disc best of set of a TV series from the UK. A series I never seen before... so tell me... is this show any good?...

- Mr. Teddy Bear
- Don't Look Behind You
- All Done with Mirrors

Classic tongue in cheek British spy genre, with the gorgeous Diana Rigg, has a fond place in my heart as much for nostalgia than content. Will be interested to hear what you think of it.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: January 16, 2010, 11:39:23 PM »
Wow! I can't believe Season 5 of the office is out :( Season 4 isn't out over here yet! I may have to import I can't wait until March!

Season 5 was even released back in September in the US. I had only waited to get it at a good price. I got it for $22 (15€) including shipping to Germany :)
Season 4 I had gotten back in September 2008.

snowcat

« Reply #2528 on: January 16, 2010, 11:40:44 PM »
Wow, and season 6 is airing in the US now right? :S we have only just got Season 3 airing (even though its already out on DVD)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: January 16, 2010, 11:48:26 PM »
Wow, and season 6 is airing in the US now right?

Yes. They are about half-way through. The DVD release will probably be in September again.

snowcat

« Reply #2530 on: January 16, 2010, 11:50:07 PM »
Perfect :) just in time for my brithday then! I wonder if it will be the last season.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: January 17, 2010, 12:02:02 AM »

- Mr. Teddy Bear
- Don't Look Behind You
- All Done with Mirrors

Classic tongue in cheek British spy genre, with the gorgeous Diana Rigg, has a fond place in my heart as much for nostalgia than content. Will be interested to hear what you think of it.

Thanks Rich! question though. I am a bit worried about this being a best of set and not seeing it in order. Are the episodes pretty much stand alone... or is it a series that really should be watched in order?
Pete

richierich

« Reply #2532 on: January 17, 2010, 12:36:52 AM »

- Mr. Teddy Bear
- Don't Look Behind You
- All Done with Mirrors

Thanks Rich! question though. I am a bit worried about this being a best of set and not seeing it in order. Are the episodes pretty much stand alone... or is it a series that really should be watched in order?

I would say it would not make a difference watching a 'best of' set to get a feel of the series, and if you like it then it is fairly cheap to buy all the series afterwards.
Note - Diana Rigg was replaced by Joanna Lumley as the 'babe' in later series called 'The New Avengers'.

Rogmeister

« Reply #2533 on: January 17, 2010, 02:15:23 AM »
I haven't seen this series in years.  But I do believe that, being a 60s series, that the show can pretty much be seen in any order and it shouldn't matter.  I would think that you would like this show.  I remember liking it quite a bit.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: January 17, 2010, 12:36:02 PM »
Thanks Rich and Roger!

I never asked her... but I bet Britt picked it out without reading the back of the case.... and was thinking it was somehow related the The Avengers superheroes!  :laugh:
Pete