Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 826231 times)

Najemikon

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #1890 on: September 03, 2009, 07:58:55 PM »
I got an e-mail today from Overstock.com, a site I used to order from but haven't in probably a couple of years.  They told me they still have some store credit for me so I went and found I had enough there for a movie I've been planning on getting but have never come across in an actual store...

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance: Centennial Collection

This 2-disc set came out the same time as the 2-disc Centennial Collection of El Dorado which I had previously bought.  So I get to add another John Wayne title to my collection and it's not costing me any more dough  ;D

Hey, the best sort! :thumbup:

Rogmeister

« Reply #1891 on: September 03, 2009, 09:02:14 PM »
Of course, I actually already have a copy of that movie...but it's an early one where the only extra is the trailer.  So I'm glad to have another Duke Wayne upgrade.  :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: September 03, 2009, 11:46:07 PM »
Very cool Roger! Congrats!

This afternoon I went back to Wal-Mart! Brittany wanted some new clothes. (of course!)  :P But I actually made it out of there without a single DVD! Well my mother-in-law was with us... and she wanted to stop by Big Lots... That is where I weakened! But they were so CHEAP! (And All Brand New!) I got...

Tracey Takes On...: Season 1 ($3.00)
This show I never seen... but I have heard of it. I know it is a skit show that originally aired on... I believe it was... HBO? Don't know if I will like it... but for $3.00 I had to take the chance!

April Fools Day (2008 - Unrated) ($3.00)
I have (and enjoyed!) the original movie... I haven't heard much about this remake... but once again... for $3.00 worth the chance! Will at the very least give me something new to watch for my marathon next month!

The War at Home: Season 1 ($6.00)
This is a sitcom I never even heard of before. But the back of the box sounded like it was pretty good and the entire season (22 Episodes) for only $6 I figured why not?

Night Court: Season 1 ($6.00)
I used to watch Night Court all the time... but I haven't seen it in many years! I do however remember the first season being my least favorite. But because I am the way I am I couldn't see myself buying season 2 without first having season 1. So when I saw it for only $6 I had to pick it up!

Back when this was originally released Warner was having a promotion where they were putting bonus discs with episodes from their other shows in select sets... but only the first pressing got this bonus disc... so they usually disappeared within a good 6 months after release date. So I was very surprised to see that the copy I bought today (4 to 5 year later!) have this inside it....

Warner Brothers Commemorative DVD Vol. 3: Perfect Strangers/Whose Line is it Anyway  :thumbup:
From what I can tell both episodes are from the shows first season. Possibly even the first episode? So this was a very nice surprise indeed!

So... I got everything you see above for a grand total of $18.00... I definitely can't complain about that... even if most all of it are blind buys!  :)
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: September 04, 2009, 12:00:24 AM »

[I have (and enjoyed!) the original movie... I haven't heard much about this remake... but once again... for $3.00 worth the chance!
I know most of the time you enjoy for reason I can't understand those remakes, but be ready for a complete waste of time with this. Not that I've seen it, but I've read absolutly nothing positive about this... Remember Date Movie that you have bought cheap and felt stolen anyway? It's the same thing again. The Curse of Lizzie Borden 2 would have been a better purchase (I really mean it), even The Sorority 2 : The Beginning would have been more awesome and time worthy than this...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: September 04, 2009, 12:49:52 AM »
Let's hope not Jimmy! But I will give it a chance... you never know. But I will go into it with absolutely no expectations... so Thanks! :)
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #1895 on: September 04, 2009, 04:17:51 AM »
Pete can keep it handy if he ever runs out of coasters...  :hysterical:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1896 on: September 04, 2009, 08:31:55 AM »
Pete can keep it handy if he ever runs out of coasters...  :hysterical:

:hysterical:

Or maybe use them as mini frisbees  :hysterical:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: September 04, 2009, 06:39:44 PM »
This morning I remembered I had some "Fun Cash" at Columbia House I could trade in for free movies. Just pay the shipping... so thought I would go there and get some new horror for next month's marathon. :) The first thing I looked for was the original Black Christmas... but unfortunately all they had was the remake :( So I ordered...

Angel Heart: Special Edition
I remember very little about this movie. Though I do know I seen it years ago when it first came out. Hopefully it is a good one.

Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
I been looking forward to seeing this one for quite a while now. I enjoyed the first 2... so have some fairly high hopes for this one.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: September 04, 2009, 08:05:34 PM »
Angel Heart: Special Edition
Hopefully it is a good one.
Don't worry it's a good one with a great performance from Mickey Rourke. It wasn't a big success but I've always like this film (the only sad thing is the end who is too predictable)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: September 04, 2009, 08:24:18 PM »
Thanks Jimmy... will look forward to it. :) I also like that it has Lisa Bonet (Denise on Cosby Show) in it. :)
Pete

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: September 05, 2009, 03:04:24 AM »
   Dexter (Season 3, 2008)
R1-US Showtime/Paramount (Aug 18, 2009)

Flirt (1995)
R0-AU Madman (2004)

The only Hal Hartley movie that was still missing from my collection, because of the rather mediocre quality of this DVD. But since Jon threatened to do a Tarantino marathon, this is me arming myself for a complete Hal Hartley marathon.
   Sudden Manhattan (1997)
R1-US Vanguard (2002)

Whacky black comedy, written & directed by Adrienne Shelly, who also plays the main role.
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: September 05, 2009, 06:48:34 AM »
Don't worry it's a good one with a great performance from Mickey Rourke. It wasn't a big success but I've always like this film (the only sad thing is the end who is too predictable)
I agree, Angel Heart is a good film.

I love Robert De Niro's performance in it. While he is only on screen for a short amount of time (but throughout the movie) he owns every scene is in. Especially watch out for the egg-peelng scene :thumbup:

I will always remember the preview I read in a magazine (pre-internet!) where they had a picture of a headless corpse sitting in a chair and then I never saw the related scene in the film :weep:

...and it has Denise Huxtable in it :D

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: September 05, 2009, 12:32:19 PM »
Damn I am pissed! I just went back to Columbia House to check on the progress of my order and both Angel Heart and Underworld: Risae of the Lycans are now Back Ordered! Hopefully they won't be for too long. I was hoping to watch Rise of the Lycans on the first day of my Marathon!

I know... what am I complaining about... I still have a good month before I can watch them... but back orders always have worried me.  :P

Well... at least the 2 horror TV Shows (The Hunger & Blood Ties) shipped and should be here probably about middle of next week.

Pete

RossRoy

« Reply #1903 on: September 05, 2009, 03:47:49 PM »
You should be happy they're on BO.. less chance of you getting the uncontrollable urge to break the October 1st, 00:00:00.01 break off point  :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: September 05, 2009, 04:06:41 PM »
 :laugh: Yeah I do know I would be tempted big time with the new Underworld movie... but I have faith in myself!  :P
Pete