Author Topic: What'ya got 2007-2013?  (Read 856096 times)

lovemunkey187

Re: What'ya got?
« Reply #1410 on: April 28, 2009, 11:55:02 AM »
Kingdom Of Heaven
Beowulf & Grendel
The Promise

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 29, 2009, 06:08:50 PM »
Receive this morning from Amazon

And since I can read too

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #1412 on: May 01, 2009, 11:06:45 AM »
Ranma ½: Season Two ($31.33 at DVD Pacific)
Another season. I am still unsure if I will continue buying it. There are seven seasons and two additional boxsets with movies and OVAs. It is just too much to spend for a series, which I enjoy watching, but becomes rather repetitive.
Wings: Season Eight ($27.36 at DVD Pacific)
Completing another series.
Death Note: Volume 2 Box Set ($42.91 at DVD Pacific)
Completing another series. This boxset proves again, why it is better to wait for the boxsets of anime series, instead of buying the single volumes:
  • It's cheaper
  • Takes less shelf space
  • There is an additional bonus disc :)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: May 01, 2009, 02:51:19 PM »
Here it is payday and I didn't get to order (or buy) any DVDs. :( I just got back from an early trip to Walmart too!

That is ok... I will be getting some extra money within the next few weeks... then I will order 2 or 3 titles that I left off my Birthday wish lists. :)
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: May 01, 2009, 09:46:06 PM »
Get this one from Walmart today. No idea that it was released this week...

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: May 02, 2009, 12:40:14 PM »
Completing another series. This boxset proves again, why it is better to wait for the boxsets of anime series, instead of buying the single volumes:
  • It's cheaper
  • Takes less shelf space
  • There is an additional bonus disc :)
:bag: :(

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: May 02, 2009, 09:46:01 PM »
Well... Brittany and I just got home from our day out. Besides the movie we did some shopping at the mall where I got Britt...

- New Shoes
- A Necklace

Then we stopped at the food court at the mall for lunch where we each got a Stromboli (for those that don't know... think pizza with a top crust added).  On the way out of the Mall we got a couple soft pretzels and headed over to Walmart. Which we picked something out for my mother for Mother's Day... and we each got to pick out a movie.

Brittany Chose:

I Chose:

I know what you are thinking Jon... you warned me. But hey... with you telling me one thing... and a good friend of mine telling me the opposite... I just had to see for myself... and we will see who I agree with!  :P But at least it was cheap! :)
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1417 on: May 03, 2009, 01:41:57 AM »
Those cheap movies can come back to bite you though...remember Date Movie? ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: May 03, 2009, 07:19:22 AM »
I don't know if he remembers but I sure am :yucky: 

It's an horror movie so he will give it a 4 stars rating... He even like Maximum Overdrive :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 07:21:19 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #1419 on: May 03, 2009, 08:29:03 AM »
 :laugh:
Well...I don't mind Maximum Overdrive..not that I think it's a great movie.  But there is something oddly entertaining about it.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: May 03, 2009, 09:06:05 AM »
Well.... I know it is possible for it to come back and bite me in the ass.... but what was I to do? I had Jon telling me it sucked... but yet I had a good friend (who happens to have similar tastes to me most the time) telling me she enjoyed every minute of it. All I could do is see it for myself. Thankfully I got it cheap enough I was willing to take a chance on it.

I will say this much. After downloading the profile for it I went to the links page and saw a link for the trailer. So I watched it... and I have to admit... the trailer looked good!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: May 03, 2009, 09:30:39 AM »
I don't know if he remembers but I sure am :yucky: 

It's an horror movie so he will give it a 4 stars rating... He even like Maximum Overdrive :laugh:

:laugh: Come on Jimmy... don't try it... you know darn well there is horror out there I don't like. Can you say I gave a good review to... The Sorority? How about to The Curse of Lizzy Bordon? Also I wouldn't call this review for Cheerleader Camp good.  :P Plus there is a few others on this site as well.

Then there is a few that I only watched once... and haven't gotten the courage to watch again to review for this site yet... like...

Legion of the Dead

Leprechaun 4: In Space

Dracula's Curse

Evil Remains

Of course I probably should pull these out for another viewing since I also hated Frost: Portrait of a Vampire the first time I saw it too. But on the urging of a friend I gave it another try and ended up enjoying it quite a bit more the second time around.  :P
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #1422 on: May 03, 2009, 01:30:25 PM »
Well.... I know it is possible for it to come back and bite me in the ass.... but what was I to do? I had Jon telling me it sucked... but yet I had a good friend (who happens to have similar tastes to me most the time) telling me she enjoyed every minute of it. All I could do is see it for myself. Thankfully I got it cheap enough I was willing to take a chance on it.

I will say this much. After downloading the profile for it I went to the links page and saw a link for the trailer. So I watched it... and I have to admit... the trailer looked good!

Pete, if you ever refused to watch a movie because I said it was shit, I would fly over to the US of A, find you, kick you in the shins, and fly back again.  :laugh:

I'm pretty sure you will actually like it. But better than the first? No way. Not on your Nellie. :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: May 03, 2009, 03:46:48 PM »
 :laugh: You should know me better then that by now... I don't care what others says about a movie... I watch it for myself. And end up getting it right... I mean look at all the people that was wrong about The Omen IV: The Awakening:tease:
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: May 03, 2009, 07:13:58 PM »

Evil Remains
The girl on the cover is a good looking one, so there is at least one positive in this film. Unless it's a photoshop job or, worst, the cover had nothing to do with the dvd. :laugh: