Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 255696 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #705 on: February 18, 2011, 09:36:28 PM »
Ghost Whisperer: The Final Season
In the hit CBS drama GHOST WHISPERER, Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt) has chilling, heart-stopping, amusing and emotional encounters with ghosts and those they haunt. At the tense intersection of the Living and the Dead, there is a mind-bending mystery that puts Melinda in lethal jeopardy – but also brings hope and miracles. Melinda's husband Jim (David Conrad) is now a practicing physician at Grandview's haunted hospital. With the spirit world growing stronger, Melinda and Jim must find a way to balance their romance, and the challenges of the churning spirit world. Melinda comes to understand that her unique gift is a responsibility that must be honored to help souls in need – alive or dead – find perfect closure.

Episodes:
1. Birthday Presence
2. See No Evil
3. Till Death Do Us Start
4. Do Over
5. Cause for Alarm
6. Head Over Heals
7. Devil's Bargain
8. Dead Listing
9. Lost in the Shadows
10. Excessive Force
11. Dead Air
12. Blessings in Disguise
13. Living Nightmare
14. Dead to Me
15. Implosion
16. Old Sins Cast Long Shadows
17. On Thin Ice
18. Dead Eye
19. Lethal Combination
20. Blood Money
21. Dead Ringer
22. The Children's Parade

My Thoughts:
I really enjoyed every minute of re-watching the final (5th) season of Ghost Whisperer. I remember when I first heard they were going to have a kid and the series was going to jump 5 years into the future  I was really worried about the series. But in my opinion they managed to work it out well. I thought this season was much better then season 4 which was my least favorite season (though I did still enjoy it). I thought the kid they got to play their son did a fine job... and I liked the fact that he was more powerful then Melinda... so could see things even she couldn't. I am thrilled I now have this entire series... but at the same time saddened by the fact that there is no more to look forward to. Definitely one of my favorite recent series.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: February 20, 2011, 08:30:50 PM »
Ghost Whisperer: The Second Season: Disc 3
THE CURSE OF THE NINTH
A brilliant musician finds himself surrounded by two ghosts: his critical composer father, and his old bandmate who died in a plane crash.

GIVING UP THE GHOST
In order to get back at his former coach, who he holds responsible for his death, the spirit of a baseball player inhabits the body of a team's star pitcher.

CAT'S CLAW
Melinda considers telling Professor Payne her secret now that a ghost has followed his colleague back from the jungle, where he was left for dead.

DEAD TO RIGHTS
The spirit of a man in a coma contacts Melinda about the pain he is in, watching his wife in a legal battle with his parents to take him off life support.

My Thoughts:
I just can't seem to get enough of this show here lately. So I went back and watched the next disc of Season 2 where I left off before getting the final season set. Looking back I wouldn't say the second season was a favorite season of mine... but there is still many good episodes that I enjoyed quite a bit. At the same time one of my least favorite episodes was on this disc. But I think that is mainly because music is such a big part of the storyline. At this point I think I will try to go on to another show... but I wouldn't be surprised if I don't find my way back to this show before too long.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 21, 2011, 01:09:27 AM »
Charles in Charge: The Complete First Season: Disc 1
Pilot
Charles takes on his first task for the Pembroke family, watching over the three precious Pembroke kids – Lila, Douglas and Jason – for the evening. But when the girl of his dream finally accepts his invitation for a date, it's all that Charles can do to keep heart and home from falling to pieces before the night is over.

Extracurricular Activity
Charles encourages the Pembroke kids to take on some new exciting after-school activities. But when the kids finds frustration rather then fulfillment, it's up to Charles to show them how to make bonus points with the team.

Another Saturday Night
Gwendolyn, Charles' girlfriend, goes on a warpath when she discovers that Charles has been spending time at a singles' hot spot with his friend, Buddy. When she and Buddy get into a heated argument, it's up to Charles to cool things off before he loses one of them for good.

War
Charles is asked to spend some time with Jane, the pretty girl the Wilsons want to hire to watch their children. Gut with Jane's easygoing style, the normally mild-mannered kids quickly run wild and develop new ways of antagonizing their two flustered sitters.

Cousin Elliott
Charles is on top of the world after winning his softball game, but his good day ends quickly when cousin Elliott arrives with some extremely lenient ideas about how to raise children.

Slumber Party
The battle of the sexes heat up when Charles swears off women after a fight with Gwendolyn, only to discover that Lila has invited over all her giggling girlfriends for an overnight party.

Discipline
It's grade time for the youngest members of the Penbroke household, and no one is very happy with the results. When Charles reluctantly goes to Douglas' school to face the boy's teacher, he finds he still has a thing or two to learn about responsibility himself.

Trick or Treat
Buddy is afraid he won't be able to mask his nervousness with his date for the Halloween Ball, and he asks Charles for help. But when Gwendolyn spies Charles and the girl together, the guys must come up with some clever tricks to set the matter straight.

My Thoughts:
This is one of the series I watched when it originally aired. That was about 25 years ago... and I haven't seen an episode since. So I forgot how funny of a show this was. And it held up pretty well for me... so I definitely see more seasons coming my way before too long. There was a couple familiar faces on this first disc as guest stars... first the was a young Meg Ryan who played a college student that was looking to get into the same kind of work that Charles was doing. And then there was a very young Christina Applegate who played one of the kids at the daughter's slumber party.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #708 on: February 21, 2011, 04:03:24 PM »
If I remember correctly, Meg Ryan appears in a second episode, too.  Jennifer Runyon, who played Gwendolyn on the series, would go on to do some other things including playing Cindy Brady in A Very Brady Christmas.  But I haven't seen her in anything in awhile.  I guess she'd be in her 40s by now...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 21, 2011, 04:21:11 PM »
Yeah... I did the cast lists for DVD profiler on this set already... Meg Ryan does appear one more time in the first season. I liked Jennifer Runyon in this show... hate to see her go in season 2.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #710 on: February 21, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »
I don't know if it was in the second season or later but I recall Jennifer Runyon did show up in a later season as a guest-star but her character had changed and she wasn't so likeable at that point.  I also remember Jennifer appeared in the movie Up The Creek which was an Animal House like movie about water rafting.  I think Stephen Furst even appeared i that.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: February 21, 2011, 05:02:08 PM »
You all might have noticed in the Birthday thread that today is Jennifer Love Hewitt's 32nd birthday today... so I now must watch more Ghost Whisperer today!  :P
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: February 22, 2011, 01:24:19 PM »
Ghost Whisperer: The Second Season (Discs 5-6)
Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt) has the ability to communicate with the earthbound spirits of people who died, providing deeply moving and important closure for them and their loved ones.

This season Melinda and her husband, Jim Claney, (David Conrad)  are joined by new friend and employee Delia Banks (Camryn Manheim), as Melinda battles the dark forces taking over her beloved town of Grandview. Discover her unbelievable adventure in all 22 second-season episodes.

Episodes:
17. The Walk-In
18. Children of Ghosts
19. Delia's First Ghost
20. The Collector
21. The Prophet
22. The Gathering

My Thoughts:
Finished off season 2 on Jennifer Love Hewitt's birthday (2/21). There is a lot of very good episodes through-out the season... but for some reason... while I did enjoy it... the second season has my least favorite of the season finales. I am glad I finished re-watching the season as I really been on a Ghost Whisperer kick lately. As of now over the last couple months I watched all episodes except for season 3. While I do plan on watching season 3 again... I do think I will put it off for a bit.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: February 22, 2011, 11:32:56 PM »
Charles in Charge: The Complete First Season: Disc 2
A Date with Enid
The Penbroke household has a bad case of rainy-day blues until Douglas meets Lisa's frined, Enid, and falls madly in love. Lila and Charles are recruited to help make Enid more attractive, but the situation quickly changes from desire to disaster.

Friends & Lovers
In a true test of their relationship, Charles and Gwendolyn decide to "see" other people, but Charles becomes blind with jealousy when Gwendolyn has no problem finding new guys to date.

Home for the Holidays
There's nothing like family for the holidays, and Charles has his hands full when his trip home to Vermont is interrupted by a sudden snowstorm. Instead, he's forced to spend a chilly holiday with Grandma Irene Penbroke.

Accidental Puppy
Bruce Springsteen fever is in the air, and Charles, Buddy and Gwendolyn unsuccessfully wait on a curb for two days to get tickets to the upcoming concert. Meanwhile, Jason and Douglas bring home a dog they found, but Charles must convince the boys that they can't keep what doesn't belong to them.

The Commotion
Charles is in a race against the clock to finish his assignment for the school paper, but there's not a minute to spare with everyone screaming for attention in the Pembroke houshold. It's up to Charles to resolve everyone's problems – and fast – if he's going to meet his deadline.

Mr. President
Charles hits the campaign trail when Gwendolyn convinces him to run for student body president. After he's slammed at the debate by his apponent, he recognizes his virtually nonexistent campaign strategy, and in the endthe best person for the job wins.

Jill's Decision
When Jill rushes to an assignment that could give her a big promotion, Charles scrabbles to take care of the kids and still keep his date with Michelle. Later, Charles and Michelle come to the hilarious conclusion that their plans don't have to be fancy to be romantic, while Jill realizes that maybe being a "career mom" isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Pressure from Grandma
It's vacation time for the Pembrokes, which means that Charles is in charge of the kids and Grandma Irene for an entire week. When Grandma Irene tries to tempt Charles to join her in a new venture, Charles must decide if he really needs a break from his current job with the kids.

My Thoughts:
I am still enjoying re-watching this series for the first time in many years. On this disc we meet the kids grandmother... played by Rue McClanahan (Golden Girls). She was in two episodes. Jennifer Runyon is already on the series much less then the first disc. And when she is on it is much more limited time. So while sad... as I enjoyed the character quite a bit... it isn't surprising that she will soon be completely gone from the series. This disc has a Christmas episode on it... but it really didn't impress me too much. It seemed to end a bit quickly and abruptly. I think they tried to fit too much into a 22 minute episode... and it just didn't work well. But as I said... over all still enjoying it quite a bit.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: February 23, 2011, 12:59:22 PM »
The Batman: The Complete Second Season
Riddle me this: who's the latest villain to set his sinister sights on Gotham City? The Riddler, of course, and only The Batman has the answers to stop this enigmatic evildoer. In these 13 action-packed episodes from the hit TV series, Gotham's greatest protector stumps The Riddler and other favorite villains like The Joker, Mr. Freeze and The Penguin, and his obsession with justice earns the trust of up-and-coming police detective Jim Gordon.

When Gordon offers The Batman a tentative alliance - "Just help me make this city safe for my daughter" - another piece of the legend falls into place! Swoop onto this Deluxe 2-Disc Edition with All Season 2 Adventures plus Exciting Extras. See justice done as no other hero can deliver!

EPISODES:
1. The Cat, the Bat and the Ugly
2. Riddled
3. JTV
4. Swamped
5. Pets
6. Meltdown
7. The Buttler Did It
8. Fire and Ice
9. Ragdolls to Riches
10. Strange Minds
11. Grundy's Night
12. The Laughing Bat
13. Night and the City

My Thoughts:
Yesterday evening I decided to finish off this set. Still enjoying this version of Batman (which I never seen before). Though I am still torn on how they draw some of the villains. Some they make look very cool... but others leave you scratching your head wondering what they were smoking when they came up with that design. This set has a Halloween episode (Grundy's Night) which I enjoyed quite a bit. It was also cool that there was a couple actors from the old Adam West Batman that lent their voices to this series. First Adam West himself did the voice of the mayor. Then there was Frank Gorshin (The Riddler on Adam West's Batman) who did the voice for Hugo Strange.  Though I am not sure how many more episode there will be with him... as I believe he passed away shortly after this season was made.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #715 on: February 24, 2011, 05:22:15 AM »
I use to watch Charles in Charge...the reruns aired on some station in the 90s I think.  It has been years since I've seen any of them..but I do remember Gwendolyn a bit.  And I remember the family changing.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: February 25, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »
Charles in Charge: The Complete First Season: Disc 3
Snowed In
Cabin fever strikes when the Penbrokes get stuck at a movie theater during a blizzard, leaving Charles in charge of the kids and a group of Lila's girlfriends with no heat and no food in the house.

Charles "R" Us
Money woes force Charles and Buddy to create a business that will train students to be household helpers. But in the process of training their new recruits, Charles and Buddy discover that they may need a helping hand themselves

Charles' Spring Break
It's spring break and the sunny Florida shores are beckoning Charles and his friends. But when they finally save up enough money to go, Charles finds that there really is no such thing as a true vacation from the Penbroke family.

The Wrong Guy
Matter of the heart take an unusual twist when Lila asks Charles for support in dating a boy her parents despise, and Douglas needs some serious advise after he recieves his first kiss.

Mr. Brilliant
In an attempt to do something nice for Mrs. Penbroke, Charles Charles invites one of her former schoolmates to dinner, despite Mr. Penbroke's hesitation. The meal quickly goes from bad to worse with the arrival of the unpleasant and condescending guest of honor.

Meet Grandpa
Everyone is very excited about upcoming vacation plans as Buddy and Charles prepare for their summer jobs at a resort. But when the kid's grandfather arrives with an important announcement, everyone soon realizes that family always comes first.

Bonus Episode from Season 2
Amityville

Big changes are in store for Charles when he returns from a two week camping trip with Buddy to find the Pembrokes on the move to Seattle and a new family, the Powells, moving in. Can Charles find his place in the new household, or is it time for him to join Buddy in the wild life of a college bachelor?

My Thoughts:
This completes the first season set. I really enjoyed seeing this show again after a good 20-25 years. I forgot how funny the show was. I will definitely have to see about getting the second season set before too long.  I'm just glad the season 1 set had the first episode of season 2 as a bonus feature. Giving me a reminder how it was after the change of family that he was helping.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #717 on: February 26, 2011, 04:29:52 AM »
Is the second season available?  I've only seen the first.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: February 26, 2011, 12:03:38 PM »
All 5 seasons are available at Amazon. The last season or two being Amazon Exclusive.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #719 on: February 26, 2011, 05:46:07 PM »
One thing I remember about the second family is towards the last season, the mother was seen only occasionally, it seemed to me.  She was like a guest-star in her own series...  :-\