Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 255699 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #690 on: January 04, 2011, 10:24:38 PM »
Tales from the Darkside: The Second Season
Welcome to a world where the strange and the ordinary are brought together to tell wicked stories...with a twist. Welcome to Tales from the Darkside: The Second Season.

Featuring major stars from film and TV, these 24 spine-tingling stories of heart-stopping suspense and killer thrills promise to leave you dead-bolting the door and sleeping with the lights on for many nights to come.

"Until next time, try to enjoy the daylight."

Episode List
1. The Impressionist
2. Lifebomb
3. Ring Around the Redhead
4. Parlour Floor Front
5. Halloween Candy

My Thoughts:
This is a horror anthology series that I actually missed when it aired on TV. So I am watching it for the first time on DVD. The series is really good I have definitely been enjoying it... though like any series some episodes are better then others. In the case of the 5 episodes I watched today it was a slow start that gradually got better. Finishing off on 2 excellent episodes. For season 2 the only episode I saw before is Halloween Candy which I jumped ahead and watched in October for my Halloween marathon.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 05, 2011, 12:48:49 AM »
Medium: The Complete First Season: Disc 3
Lucky
Relieved that her brother Michael is safe and back from military service in Afghanistan, Allison wonders whether he can also communicate with the dead.

Coded
Joe and Allison are concerned that eldest daughter Ariel (Sofia Vassilieva) may have inherited her mother's gift. Her recurring dream of a young girl being held captive in a castle turns out to have a basis in fact.

The Other Side Of The Tracks
A professor specializing in paranormal phenomena tells Allison that her dream of two boys running toward railroad tracks happened to him and his late brother...a boy believed murdered, but who Allison thinks is still alive.

I Married A Mind Reader
After becoming obsessed with a television show from the 1960s called "I married a Mind Reader," Allison imagines herself involved in the real-murder that occurred behind the scenes.

My Thoughts:
I am really getting into watching these episodes again. So I am glad I have the next season ordered. The episodes on this disc are very good for the most part. My favorite episode on this disc has to be Lucky. I really liked the story. And the interaction between Allison and her brother. I Married a Mind Reader is a good mixture of a mystery and a story that is just played for fun.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: January 05, 2011, 04:32:20 PM »
Medium: The Complete First Season: Disc 4
A Priest, A Doctor And A Medium Walk Into An Execution Chamber
Although they witnessed the execution of a convicted droug lord, Alllison and the police are shocked to discover his "ghost" may have murdered his girlfriend...a murder caught on camera.

Being Mrs. O'Leary's Cow
If she implicates a cocky airline pilot in his wife's murder, Allison is terrified that the plane he is scheduled to fly may crash.

In The Rough
When Joe's mother comes to visit, Allison is visited by the ghost of Joe's father. A murderer Scanlon and Devalos sent to prison years ago may go free if Allison reveals the truth about his case.

Penny For Your Thoughts
Allison does battle with an evil spirit from the past who takes over the minds of doctors. Meanwhile, Ariel's math teacher accuses her of cheating.

My Thoughts:
Went ahead and watched a few more episodes. All the episodes on this disc are at least as good as the previous episodes. My favorite episode on this disc has to be Penny for Your Thoughts.  Where we first meet a recurring character of an evil spirit.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: January 05, 2011, 09:02:16 PM »
Tales from the Darkside: The Second Season
Welcome to a world where the strange and the ordinary are brought together to tell wicked stories...with a twist. Welcome to Tales from the Darkside: The Second Season.

Featuring major stars from film and TV, these 24 spine-tingling stories of heart-stopping suspense and killer thrills promise to leave you dead-bolting the door and sleeping with the lights on for many nights to come.

"Until next time, try to enjoy the daylight."

Episodes Watched
6. The Satanic Piano
7. The Devil's Advocate
8. Distant Signals

My Thoughts
I decided to go ahead and watch a few more episodes of this show. This finishes off the first disc. These episodes are pretty good... but nothing special for the most part. My favorite episode out of these three would have to be The Devil's Advocate which stared Jerry Stiller.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: January 05, 2011, 11:14:26 PM »
Medium: The Complete First Season: Disc 5
When Push Comes to Shove Part I
Captain Push, who Allison met in Texas, comes to Phoenix in order to help the police find a serial killer. But Allison is concerned when he has a health crisis and surprisingly appears in her dreams.

My Thoughts:
When I noticed the last disc in the set only had 1 more episode... I felt I needed to finish off the season. Not noticing it said part 1. Now I feel the need to start season 2! What can I say... I am really getting into watching this series again. This episode is excellent... Great mystery... like the characters... and so glad I have season to to finish watching the storyline. I remember when this originally aired I was so upset knowing I had to wait till the next season to finish the storyline.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: January 06, 2011, 02:51:41 PM »
Medium: The Complete Second Season: Disc 1
When Push Comes To Shove Part 2
With Captain Push in a coma, Allison is visited by the ghost of his father, who offers clues in the search for the serial killer. Joe sees a shrink in order to deal with his wife's job.

The Song Remains The Same
A song that Allison literally cannot get out of her head leads her to search for a missing co-ed. And Allison and her daughter Bridget both have the same dream...about their plane crashing.

Time Out Of Mind
Her dream that she is a psychiatric patient from the 1950s becomes all too real when Allison views vintage film footage of a woman who calls herself...Allison DuBois.

Light Sleeper
While Allison's recent bout of sleepwalking may leave her tired and her bank account empty, it also provides valuable clues in a kidnapping case.

My Thought
I wanted to finish up the story from the season finale of season one... then figured I may as well finish off the disc. The disc definitely has some good episode. my favorite has to be the first episode on the disc as it does finish off a great storyline from the previous season. I found Time Out of Mind is a very interesting story.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: January 08, 2011, 01:10:18 AM »
Ellen: The Complete Season Four: Volume 1
The escapades of Ellen and her loyal friends continue as they fumble through more outrageously funny situations in THE COMPLETE SEASON FOUR.  Whether it's sabotaging her mother's dates or attending a camp reunion, Ellen serves up offbeat humour and unlimited laughs.

GIVE ME EQUITY OR GIVE ME DEATH
Ellen decides to buy a home of her own -but at what cost?

A DEER HEAD FOR JOE
When Joe is fired, Ellen resorts to desperate measures.

SPLITSVILLE, MAN
Ellen’s parents separate, but she's the one who gets broken up.

THE PARENT TRAP
Ellen orchestrates an elaborate plot to reunite her parents.

LOOKING OUT FOR NUMBER ONE
Can Ellen ever take her therapist seriously again?

THE BUBBLEGUM INCIDENT
Paige seeks revenge at her and Ellen’s 25th camp reunion.

HAROLD AND ELLEN
Who's afraid of father-daughter bonding?

NOT SO GREAT EXPECTATIONS
Only Ellen would sabotage her own mother.

THE PREGNANCY TEST
A home pregnancy test prompts Ellen, Paige and Audrey to rethink their lives.

My Thoughts:
Decided to watch the first disc today. It is a good run of episodes.  This disc has the Halloween episode on it which is always fun. Though Halloween was only a small side story. It is the episode The Bubble Gum Incident. I noticed in DVD Profiler that the young kid (about 10 to 12 yrs old) that played the young version of Ellen (flashback) was none other then Kaley Cuoco (The Big Bang Theory).

My Rating
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: January 09, 2011, 08:46:33 PM »
The Love Boat: Season One: Volume One
For the first time on DVD, its time to set sail on the high larious seas with Captain Stubing (Gavin MacLeod), Doc (Bernie Kopell), Gopher (Fred Grandy), Isaac the bartender (Ted Lange), Julie your Cruise Director (Lauren Tewes) and a boatload of memorable guest stars that will keep you laughing from port to port on their search for romance. Enjoy this 3 disc set with the first 12 classic episodes that kept you home on Saturday nights...The Love Boat™ promises something for everyone.

Episodes Watched:
1. CAPTAIN & THE LADY / ONE IF BY LAND / CENTERFOLD
2. OH, DALE! / THE MAIN EVENT / A TASTEFUL AFFAIR
3. EX PLUS Y / GRAHAM AND KELLY / GOLDEN AGERS
4. MESSAGE FOR MAUREEN / ACAPULCO CONNECTION / GOTCHA!

My Thoughts:
I have been told by many people how this series didn't hold up well over the years. I don't know... I really enjoyed watching these again. Maybe it is more nostalgia driven for me... but I had fun with these. My favorite thing about this series was always seeing the familiar guest stars. That was one of the things that made the series so much fun for me. The guest stars I recognized on this disc were..

1. CAPTAIN & THE LADY / ONE IF BY LAND / CENTERFOLD
- Meredith Baxter Birney (Family Ties)
- Bonnie Franklin (One Day at a Time)
- Suzanne Somers (Three's Company)
- Jimmy Walker (Good Times)

2. OH, DALE! / THE MAIN EVENT / A TASTEFUL AFFAIR
- Sherman Hemsley (The Jeffersons)
- John Ritter (Three's Company)
- Jaclyn Smith (Charlie's Angels)

3. EX PLUS Y / GRAHAM AND KELLY / GOLDEN AGERS
- Scott Baio (Happy Days)
- Kristy McNichol (Family)
- Robert Reed (The Brady Bunch)
- Loretta Switt (M*A*S*H)

4. MESSAGE FOR MAUREEN / ACAPULCO CONNECTION / GOTCHA!
- Milton Berle
- Bill Bixby (The Incredible Hulk)
- Audra Lindley (Three's Company)

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: January 10, 2011, 07:32:54 PM »
Medium: The Fifth Season
Patricia Arquette returns as Allison Dubois, the psychic mom who tries to balance her challenging career with her family life at home. This season, a sense of order is restored when Allison return to work with D.A. Manuel Devalos (Miguel Sandoval) and detective Lee Scanlon (David Cubitt). Plus, her husband Joe (Jake Weber) sets up his own company, funded by a multimillionaire.

But it's Allison's daughter Ariel (Sofia Vassilieva) – more than her younger sister Bridgette (Maria Lark) – who has trouble accepting the gift she inherited from her mother. This season, unsetting visions about school and boys trouble this psychic teen. In this 5-disc set of Medium: The Fifth Season – which includes all 18 episodes - Allison's life at home can be just as baffling as any police case.

Episodes:
1. Soul Survivor
2. Things to Do in Phoenix When You're Dead
3. A Person of Interest
4. ...About Last Night
5. A Taste of Her Own Medicine
6. Apocalypse...Now?
7. A Necessary Evil
8. Truth Be Told
9. All In the Family
10. Then... and Again
11. The Devil Inside (Part 1)
12. The Devil Inside (Part 2)

My Thoughts:
I don't know what it is about this show that draws me in every time I start to watch it. But after getting my new set I couldn't help but to pop in the first disc... figuring I would do like I always do and watch a disc of this... then a disc of something else (or 2) before coming back to this. But nope this time I watched 3 discs out of the set... watching 2/3rds of the season before giving it a break. I forgot how much I enjoyed this season... I especially liked the 2 part episode (The Devil Inside) that I just finished. 12 episodes down... 6 to go.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: January 13, 2011, 07:55:21 PM »
Bosom Buddies: The First Season
It's the show that launched one of the most successful film careers ever! In Bosom Buddies, best friends Kip (Tom Hanks) and Henry (Peter Scolari of TV's Newhart) work at an advertising agency with their friend Amy (Wendie Jo Sperber of Back To The Future). After their apartment is condemned, they stay at Amy's place, a hotel for women, and discover how cheap the rent is. So they disguise themselves as "Buffy" and "Hildegarde" in order to live there, and life at the hotel is never a drag! Co-starring Donna Dixon (Doctor Detroit), Telma Hopkins (TV's Gimme A Break!), and Holland Taylor (TV's Two And A Half Men), this set includes all 19 episodes from the show's premiere season, on DVD for the first time!

Episodes Watched:
1. Pilot
2. My Brother, My Sister, Myself
3. Loathe Thy Neighbor
4. Macho Man
5. What Price Glory?
6. Kip and Sonny's Date
7. Beauty and the Beasts

My Thoughts:
This is the first time I seen this show since it originally aired. Hard to believe that was over 30yrs ago now. When I bought this set I really couldn't remember too much about the actual series. I could of course remember the main plot of the series... but that was about it. while I did enjoy what I seen so far... it isn't quite as good as I thought it would be. It really is just an average show. At least I got the set cheap... $6 at Big Lots.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: January 16, 2011, 05:33:52 PM »
Ghost Whisperer: The Fourth Season
In the hit CBS drama Ghost Whisperer, death is sometimes a new beginning. It is for Melinda (Jennifer Love Hewitt) and Jim (David Conrad) when death turns their lives upside down, but also gives them a second chance at love. Journey with Melinda in this 6-disc set containing all 23 Season Four episodes and see how her relationships with Jim, Delia (Camryn Manheim), Eli (Jamie Kennedy) and Ned (Christoph Sanders) are put to the ultimate test.

Episodes Watched:
1. Firestarter
2. Big Chills
3. Ghost in the Machine
4. Save Our Souls
5. Bloodline
6. Imaginary Friends and Enemies
7. Threshold
8. Heart & Soul
9. Pieces of You
10. Ball and Chain
11. Life on the Line
12. This Joint's Haunted

My Thoughts:
In the last couple days I watched the first half of this set. The first disc was great... but they didn't pull the crap with Melinda's husband yet. By the second disc they went with the bad storyline about her husband.. While interesting at first... it didn't take long for me to remember why I disliked the storyline so much when it originally aired. By the third disc I was already tiring of the storyline and was ready to put up the set for a while. I mean other then this specific storyline all the episodes are enjoyable. But not only do they go a direction with a single storyline that they never should have... they drag it out much too long where it does effect the enjoyment of the series to a point.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: January 16, 2011, 10:23:40 PM »
The Love Boat: Season One: Volume One
For the first time on DVD, its time to set sail on the high larious seas with Captain Stubing (Gavin MacLeod), Doc (Bernie Kopell), Gopher (Fred Grandy), Isaac the bartender (Ted Lange), Julie your Cruise Director (Lauren Tewes) and a boatload of memorable guest stars that will keep you laughing from port to port on their search for romance. Enjoy this 3 disc set with the first 12 classic episodes that kept you home on Saturday nights...The Love Boat™ promises something for everyone.

Episodes Watched:
5. HELP! MURDER! / ISAAC THE GROUPIE / MR. POPULARITY
6. THE JOKER IS MILD / FIRST TIME OUT / TAKE MY GRANDDAUGHTER, PLEASE
7. THE IDENTICAL PROBLEM / JULIE'S OLD FLAME / THE JINX
8. THE UNDERSTUDY / MARRIED SINGLES / LOST & FOUND

My Thoughts:
While I am still enjoying these episodes again... this second disc in the set isn't quite as good as the first one. I think that may be because there wasn't as many people in this one that I knew compared to the first one. But the ones I did recognize on this disc were...

Special Guest Stars for these episodes...
5. HELP! MURDER! / ISAAC THE GROUPIE / MR. POPULARITY
- Jim Nabors (The Andy Griffith Show)

6. THE JOKER IS MILD / FIRST TIME OUT / TAKE MY GRANDDAUGHTER, PLEASE
- Patty Duke Astin (The Patty Duke Show)
- Phil Foster (Laverne and Shirley)
- Robert Hegyes (Welcome Back Kotter)
- Maureen McCormick (The Brady Bunch)

And no one really jumped out at me in the last 2 episodes. So as I said... I think that took away from the enjoyment for me some. But still looking forward to watching more episodes.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: January 29, 2011, 06:06:42 PM »
Ghost Whisperer: The Complete First Season (Discs 1-2)
Melinda Gordon (Jennifer Love Hewitt) is a young newlywed with the unique gift to communicate with spirits of people who have died - a talent that was inherited from her grandmother.

The dead seek out Melinda's ability to help them relay significant messages and information to the living. Despite her fear, compassion compels her to help these earthbound spirits cross over by completing their unfinished business with the living. Relive these amazing journeys in all 22 first-season episodes.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. The Crossing
3. Ghost, Interrupted
4. Mended Hearts
5. Lost Boys
6. Homecoming
7. Hope and Mercy
8. On the Wings of a Dove

My Thoughts:
After watching and enjoying season four earlier this month... I couldn't help the urge to watch some of the early episodes again. So over the last couple days I watched the first two discs of season one. I really enjoyed watching these episodes again. I did forget how the earlier seasons concentrated more on the drama aspect of the series then the later seasons did... but definitely was fin revisiting these episodes.

My Rating:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 02, 2011, 11:41:13 PM »
I really been on a Ghost Whisperer kick here lately... in the last couple days I finished off season 1... and now seriously considering going on to season 2. It has been so long since I seen these episodes that I am really enjoying revisiting them now.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 12, 2011, 08:57:09 PM »
Ellen: The Complete Season Five
Celebrated as one of America's funniest and most popular entertainers, Ellen DeGeneres stars in the fifth and final season of her Emmy® Award-winning ABC sitcom ELLEN, the history-making show that put her at the center of the comedy map.

Universally acclaimed and now officially out of the closet, ELLEN: THE COMPLETE SEASON FIVE, finds the beloved 30-something bookstore owner, along with her cadre of loyal friends, goofing it up more than ever. Effortlessly balancing life's obstacles with trademark-inspired buffoonery, each episode boasts a surefire mix of quirky warmth and unbounded hilarity. Aided and abetted as always by Spence (Jeremy Piven), Paige (Joely Fisher), Joe (David Anthony Higgins), and Audrey (Clea Lewis), Ellen Morgan (DeGeneres) continues to manage life as Ellen, extricating herself from one absurd situation after the next.

Featuring all 22 episodes from its critically acclaimed fifth season, ELLEN: THE COMPLETE SEASON FIVE is stuffed with memorable cameos by Jennifer Aniston, Woody Harrelson, Phil Donahue, Emma Thompson, Anne Heche, Cindy Crawford, Sarah McLachlan, Kevin McDonald, Angie Dickinson, Louis Gossett, Jr., as well as two special tribute episodes and more!

EPISODES
1. Social Climber
2. Guys or Dolls
3. Roommates
4. Just Coffee
5. Gay Yellow Pages
6. Public Display of Affection
7. G.I. Ellen
8. Like a Virgin
9. All Ellen, All the Time
10. Emma
11. Break Up
12. The Funeral
13. Womyn Fest
14. It's a Gay, Gay, Gay, Gay World!
15. Escape from L.A.
16. Neighbors
17. Ellen in Focus
18. Vows
19. Hospital
20. When Ellen Talks, People Listen
21. Ellen: A Hollywood Tribute (Part 1)
22. Ellen: A Hollywood Tribute (Part 2)

My Thoughts:
Over the last two days I watched the entire 5th (final) season of Ellen. I really didn't remember much from this season... so was pretty much like watching it again for the first time. I read a lot of people say how this show went downhill in this season. So I was concerned about that when I started to watch... but I must say... at least for me... it didn't go downhill till about the end of the season. I really enjoyed most the episodes. But I must admit... I really disliked what she did for her 2 part series finale. I would have much preferred it if they made them like normal episodes... and give us a bit of a hint on what was in the future for the characters over some strange tribute to the golden age of vaudeville and television. In my opinion at least... the finale was nothing more then a huge letdown  after a wonderfully funny series. What a disappointing ending to one of my favorite sitcoms.
Pete