Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 255457 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #615 on: July 21, 2010, 03:35:27 AM »
 :o November.....?

In my family the tree goes up on Dec. 24 and is to be taken down before January 6. Although in we usually took it down on Jan. 2 as that is my mother's birthday.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #616 on: July 21, 2010, 03:55:16 AM »
Yes November. 

I like having the tree up.

Critter

« Reply #617 on: July 21, 2010, 05:16:04 AM »
My tree sometimes doesn't go up at all. Christmas isn't a huge thing now in my household, we occaisionally put a small tree up though.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #618 on: July 21, 2010, 05:18:50 AM »
I like decorating.

snowcat

« Reply #619 on: July 21, 2010, 10:22:45 AM »
I like decorating.

...Ive seen this before *thinks*

I love Christmas... I turn into a 5 year old... I put the tree up decorate the house... I even wake everyone up at 8am to open my presents! christmas is my favourite time of the year, I love the atmosphere.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: July 21, 2010, 10:38:51 AM »
I like decorating.

:hmmmm: So I am not alone with this? I did a search on this forum and couldn't find it though :headscratch:

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: July 21, 2010, 11:20:52 AM »
I like decorating.

:hmmmm: So I am not alone with this? I did a search on this forum and couldn't find it though :headscratch:

I think you will find it here in the Photo thread.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Critter

« Reply #622 on: July 21, 2010, 01:21:00 PM »
Good work Sherlock Holmes!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: July 21, 2010, 01:21:56 PM »
Christmas used to be huge for me. But it hasn't for a good 15yrs now. I am sure that is because my wife passed away right before Christmas back in 1995. But I always am sure to give Brittany a good Christmas.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: July 21, 2010, 01:30:40 PM »
Last night before bed I watched the first hour long episode of I Love Lucy. It takes over right where the half hour episodes leaves off... they are in the country house... have Fred and Ethel there... pretty much everything you would expect for the next season. Except for a couple things. First it went from half an hour to an hour. And second they alsoi changed the name to The Lucy & Desi Show.

I don't remember ever seeing this one before. It is about Hedda Harper (a entertainment columnist) coming to visit them at their home to do an interview of how Lucy and Ricky first met. It has Lucy and a friend of hers (not Ethel... she meets Fred and Ethel here too though) on a cruise to Havana. On this cruise she meets Ethel and Fred.. who actually has a full head of dark hair. And then meets Ricky when they stop in Havana. within the one day they fall in love and he leaves Havana with her.

Going by this first episode at least... I can see why it only lasted 15 episodes after changing the name and length. I just didn't find this one all that funny. Looking over the plots for the upcoming episodes some of them sound right familiar. I believe in reruns... they put at least some of them as 2 part I Love Lucy episodes.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #625 on: July 21, 2010, 04:16:39 PM »
A couple notes here, Pete.  The reason there were only 15 episodes wasn't because it wasn't successful in that format but because the hour-long episodes were, I believe, done as occasional "specials".  I don't think it ever aired weekly when it was an hour long.

And the columnist's name is Hedda Hopper, not Hedda Harper.  :whistle:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 21, 2010, 05:53:08 PM »
 :laugh: Thanks Roger.

So far I have watched 2 in this format. First one didn't impress me too much. The second one was pretty good. Looking forward to checking out the rest though.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: August 09, 2010, 02:35:48 AM »

Everybody Loves Raymond: Season 4 (Discs 2-5)
Standup comedian Ray Romano stars as Ray Barone, a successful sportswriter who deals with his brother and parents, who happen to live across the street. Patricia Heaton ("The Goodbye Girl"), Peter Boyle ("While You Were Sleeping"), Doris Roberts ("Remington Steele"), and Brad Garrett ("Gleason") round out the stellar cast.

My Thoughts:
After sitting in my unwatched pile for over a year... I finally got around to finishing this season. I forgot how much I enjoyed this show. I originally went into it just looking for something quick and funny to watch while eating my dinner... and I ended up watching 4 discs! I just couldn't stop watching once I started. After all the episodes I watched the blooper reel. Which was hilarious. I always liked blooper reels... but this is one of the best. It wasn't just several minutes of people flubbing their lines. It showed just how much fun they had on the set. Playing practical jokes on each other... ad-libbing lines to try to get the other person in the scene with them to crack up... that kind of fun stuff.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #628 on: August 09, 2010, 07:56:13 AM »
I don't know in which season set it was, but I love the blooper where Brad Garrett is imitating Herman Munster. This was just so funny and perfect. He would be the perfect choice if they should make a remake.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: August 09, 2010, 01:57:45 PM »
Oh yeah he is good at that... I have seen him do it on several occasions. Can't remember if he did it in the season 4 blooper reel or not.
Pete