Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 255472 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #540 on: December 09, 2009, 10:33:09 PM »
 :o I never did that!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 30, 2009, 10:51:44 PM »

I Love Lucy: Season 2 (Episodes 1-5)
Fall in love again and again with the timeless comedy that entertains generation after generation. This special 34-disc DVD collection contains every hilarious episode of every classic season of I Love Lucy — from the Lost Pilot to the The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour shows. Join Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel for non-stop laughter as you savor every magical moment of the greatest sitcom of all time.

Episodes:
1. Job Switching
2. The Saxophone
3. The Anniversary Present
4. The Handcuffs
5. The Operetta

My Thoughts:
Felt in the mood to watch some episodes of this classic sitcom. This is one old show that can still give you lots of laughs. I especially liked the episode Job Switching where Lucy and Ethel get a job in the candy factory. Though I must admit I had to step away from this show for a while after watching the episode The Operetta. All that episode is about is them putting a show on for charity... and too much bad singing for me!
Pete

Najemikon

Re: addicted2dvd: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #542 on: January 01, 2010, 05:07:22 PM »

Knight Rider: Season 1 (Disc 1)
An iconic TV classic is back and better than ever in the reinvented, updated, and super-charged Knight Rider Season One. From executive producers Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity franchise), David Bartis (The O.C.) and Glen Larson (Battlestar Galactica) comes this action-packed series about the coolest car ever created, K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Three Thousand), that's equipped with artificial intelligence capable of hacking into any computer, the weapons system of a jet fighter, and incredible custom body technology that allows it to transform into other vehicles. Relive every Season One episode as an elite team of crime-fighters work with K.I.T.T. to track down elusive, high-tech villains. Presented in uninterrupted Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, you won't want to miss this fast-paced ride to the wild side!

Episodes:
1. Knight Rider 2008 Movie
2. A Knight in Shining Armor
3. Journey to the End of the Knight

My Thoughts:
I decided to take a break from my current marathons so that I could watch the first disc of the new Knight Rider set. Especially considering that I only seen about half the episodes when they aired. The first disc contains the pilot movie as well as the first 2 standard episodes of the series. And I already came across an episode I never seen before. Just watching this first disc makes me upset that they decided not to renew this series!

I caught what I think must have been the pilot on TV yesterday. Blimey Pete, did you really like this? I thought it was dire! KITT has zero personality and sounds like a weird voiceover, the actors have even less personality than the car, and the plot was pathetic. No wonder it failed. In fact, I'm glad!  :devil:There's only one Michael Knight...

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 01, 2010, 05:36:46 PM »
I found it as pure fun! But I think it could be at least partly for the fact that I grew up on the original version. It was like an upgraded nostalgia kick for me or something. It is hard to explain. But yeah... I enjoyed it... I guess like a guilty pleasure.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #544 on: January 01, 2010, 05:57:00 PM »
I found it as pure fun! But I think it could be at least partly for the fact that I grew up on the original version. It was like an upgraded nostalgia kick for me or something. It is hard to explain. But yeah... I enjoyed it... I guess like a guilty pleasure.

I grew up with the Hoff's version too. Loved it! Which is why I was so disappointed.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 01, 2010, 06:13:56 PM »
I was a bit disappointed too the very first time I saw it. But as I watched the episode it grew on me. By the time I watched them again on DVD I enjoyed every minute of it. So maybe it is a show that just has to grow on you.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #546 on: January 02, 2010, 07:20:17 AM »
I tried watching it since I loved Knight Rider growing up...couldn't get into this version.

Rogmeister

« Reply #547 on: January 02, 2010, 01:46:19 PM »
I never tried any version of Knight Rider.  A talking car?  Please!  Give me a talking horse anytime!  :laugh:

snowcat

« Reply #548 on: January 02, 2010, 01:47:53 PM »
I saw Knight Rider being advertised recently but I was too scared to watch it. I used to like watching repeats of the Hoff's version. I always get nervous when a series gets remade.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #549 on: January 02, 2010, 01:49:44 PM »
I loved the 80s Knight Rider. I always wanted a KITT for myself while growing up. I only saw the pilot of the new one. I am still undecided if I will buy the DVDs for this series someday.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #550 on: January 02, 2010, 02:24:51 PM »
Loved The Hoff's Knight Rider. Was disappointed of the new one.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 02, 2010, 04:33:34 PM »

The Rookies
Concrete Valley, Neon Sky
Mounting tension between rival street gangs force "The Rookies" to maintain order on the street. But when one gang kingpin is fatally shot, it's up to Willie to play tough-talking mediator before tempers threaten to ignite all-out turf warfare.

My Thoughts:
I bought this best of disc to try out some classic cop shows I never got to see before. See if there is anything worth collecting. In the case of The Rookies, I found this pilot episode to be somewhat entertaining... but mostly found it to be predictable. Of course it is hard to judge any show by just one episode. I would say if I am to give this episode a chance... I would have to find the season sets very cheap.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 02, 2010, 05:39:18 PM »
I decided to finish off the above disc and watch the pilot episode of Police Woman. I must say I am really not impressed with that one. Don't see myself ever adding that show to my collection.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 08, 2010, 01:16:11 AM »

The Big Bang Theory: Season 2 (Disc 1)
The science of funny is back! At work, physicists Leonard and Sheldon and their geek pals conquer the cosmos. At home, real life – from dating to driving – conquers them. This season, Leonard gets a girl. So does Sheldon. (Sheldon?!) Howard drives the Mars Rover into a ditch. Raj woos a terminator. Gorgeous girl-next-door Penny falls under the spell of Age of Conan. And super-smart, überconfident Leslie Winkler reduces mere men to spineless jellyfish. Twenty-three laugh-filled episodes from series creators Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men) and Bill Prady (Gilmore Girls) and a talented cast with astronomical comedy I.Q.s show why Big Bang is such a big hit.

Episodes:
1. The Bad Fish Paradigm
2. The Codpiece Topology
3. The Barbarian Sublimation
4. The Griffin Equivalency
5. The Euclid Alternative
6. The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem

My Thoughts:
When this arrived I couldn't help but to watch the first disc of the set. I swear... this is one of the best sitcoms (if not THE best) that is currently running. Brittany and I enjoyed watching this disc together (well she came in on about episode 4).
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #554 on: January 08, 2010, 02:19:51 AM »
In case you are interested, this series just won the People's Choice Award for best TV sitcom.  Unfortunately, Jim Parsons didn't win for best comedy actor in TV, though he was nominated.  I think Steve Carell won that award for The Office.  I don't recall whether Kaley was nominated in the actress category.  I haven't seen too much of this show in the last few weeks since they've been showing reruns.