Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 255475 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched
« Reply #525 on: November 18, 2009, 07:44:39 AM »
Not even a little erotic dream Marie? ;D

When I hide something usually it's a good hint to not watch, but since everyone is curious like a cat :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 07:51:33 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 18, 2009, 08:11:23 AM »
Thanks Jimmy, that was the one I was thinking of. Of course, now I wish I hadn't... :slaphead:

When I hide something usually it's a good hint to not watch, but since everyone is curious like a cat :laugh:
...who got killed by it :yellowcard:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #527 on: November 18, 2009, 09:10:37 AM »
Not even a little erotic dream Marie? ;D

No..not hardly.   :redcard: :redcard:
That is just...too horrible for words.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 18, 2009, 11:52:10 AM »
(click to show/hide)

I think that is the scariest thing I ever seen in my entire life!  :yucky: But just think... Colin Mochrie seen even more of him then that in the Whose Line episode!  :laugh:
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #529 on: November 18, 2009, 11:33:20 PM »
(click to show/hide)

I think that is the scariest thing I ever seen in my entire life!  :yucky: But just think... Colin Mochrie seen even more of him then that in the Whose Line episode!  :laugh:

Oh the horror.  And poor Colin.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 25, 2009, 06:33:17 PM »

Smallville: Season 1 (Disc 1)
Between the boy Clark Kent thought he was and the man he is destined to become lie the compelling stories of Smallville, the popular action series that reimagines the Superman saga from its roots. All 21 Season One episodes are in this collector's set powered with spellbinding Extra Features. Watch. Wonder. Enjoy. A Legend grows up in Smallville.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. Metamorphosis
3. Hothead
4. X-Ray

My Thoughts:
Brittany has recently watched some of the new episodes of Smallville and then yesterday she came to me saying she never seen the early seasons... wanting to finally see them. So thrilled to death to hear it I popped in the first disc of the first season. And she loved it! She enjoyed these early episodes even more then  she did the new ones! And it was fun for me to watch these early ones with her. I almost forgot how much the cast changed over the years! Especially Tom Wellings! while you can tell it is obviously him... he looks so different! Brittany likes the character of Pete Ross... which is a character she never seen before.

After watching this first disc I let her take the rest of the set in her room and watch them at her leisure. This morning when I woke up I asked her how she was enjoying the show and where was she in the set? She is really getting into the series... is at this very moment working her way through disc 4 of season 1.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: December 04, 2009, 12:36:43 AM »

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Complete Series (Eps. 1-3)
You have the power to re-live all 39 episodes of the Emmy® award winning 2002-03 He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® Series! In this complete series collection, you will first learn how Adam became He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe. Then join He-Man as he leads Man-At-Arms, Teela, Ram Man, and the other heroic Masters of the Universe as trhey battle Skeletor, Trap Jaw, Evil Lyn, Beast Man, and the classic villians for control of Eternia. In the thrilling concluding episodes, witness the return of King Hssss and his snake men as he attempts to awaken the Snake God, Serpos!

This fresh take on the retro favorite delighted and entertained a new generation of fans as well as those who grew up watching the beloved series in the '80s.

Episodes:
1. The Beginning (Part 1)
2. The Beginning (Part 2)
3. The Beginning (Part 3)

My Thoughts:
I bought this series at the suggestion of a friend. Never seeing an episode before. I have seen the original '80s version before... but not this one from 2002. It is pretty much the same storyline as the '80s version. But it has much better graphics. The first 3 episodes makes up the origin story of He-Man.  Now I can't remember if there even was an origin story to the '80s version... but if there was it couldn't have been done as well as this one. Making it 3 episodes it allowed them to really tell the story right. I thought I would have a hard time getting used to the new style of drawing this series... but I really had no problem at all with it. One thing that did bother me a little was everyone taking these over-exaggerated leaps into the air when they were in battle. But before I knew it I had gotten used to it as well. It really did make for more entertaining battle scenes. Over-all I really enjoyed it. Glad I have it added to my collection.
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #532 on: December 04, 2009, 01:02:41 AM »
Glad you enjoyed it :)

I had about the same feelings about this pilot in my review. We never got a real origin story in the old Filmation cartoon. We got a flashback once or twice when Adam was a kid before he became He-Man. I remember an episode which told us how he saved Crincher's life as a kid and the two became friends. A similar flashback we got with Adam meeting Orko for the first, as far as I remember.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: December 09, 2009, 08:57:02 PM »

He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: The Complete Series (Eps. 4-6)
You have the power to re-live all 39 episodes of the Emmy® award winning 2002-03 He-Man® and the Masters of the Universe® Series! In this complete series collection, you will first learn how Adam became He-Man, the most powerful man in the universe. Then join He-Man as he leads Man-At-Arms, Teela, Ram Man, and the other heroic Masters of the Universe as trhey battle Skeletor, Trap Jaw, Evil Lyn, Beast Man, and the classic villians for control of Eternia. In the thrilling concluding episodes, witness the return of King Hssss and his snake men as he attempts to awaken the Snake God, Serpos!

This fresh take on the retro favorite delighted and entertained a new generation of fans as well as those who grew up watching the beloved series in the '80s.

Episodes:
4. Courage of Adam
5. Sky War
6. The Deep End

My Thoughts:
Even though I don't think these episodes were quite as good as the 3-part pilot... I am still enjoying the show. Courage of Adam seemed like a natural place to go after the way people thinking he is a coward effected him in the pilot. I am looking forward to continuing this series... but I am finding I can't seem to watch more then 3 episodes at a time... as I seem to get tired of it by then. But that is ok... that just means the set will last me that much longer.

I know Brittany... you don't even want to give He-Man a try... just from the opening credits you can tell you won't like it. But I would still like to see you give it a go. Maybe watch the 3-part pilot episode. Showing how Prince Adam becomes He-Man. But I know... no chance.... right Britt?
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: December 09, 2009, 09:10:25 PM »
I know Brittany... you don't even want to give He-Man a try... just from the opening credits you can tell you won't like it. But I would still like to see you give it a go. Maybe watch the 3-part pilot episode. Showing how Prince Adam becomes He-Man. But I know... no chance.... right Britt?

Yes, Brittany. Give it a try :)
There are even comics for He-Man (new and old). I have read some of them in the 80s.
I see this new "He-Man and the Masters of the Universe" as a Justice League kind of series set in a fantasy world.

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #535 on: December 09, 2009, 09:33:30 PM »
Well, as good as you guys make it sound, it's not just the quality of the show that puts me at a distance. The time of it and the genre are way way way way way low on my favorite genre list. Not a fan of Thor. Not that big a fan of Xena. Not gonna be a fan of He-Man. Sorry. There is nothing that will make me  :surrender:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: December 09, 2009, 09:36:53 PM »
Yeah.... but you sure made me suffer with watching Barney with you for years... didn't you? And you can't give us 3 episodes of a show you don't feel you would like?  :tease:
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: December 09, 2009, 09:39:39 PM »
Well, as good as you guys make it sound, it's not just the quality of the show that puts me at a distance. The time of it and the genre are way way way way way low on my favorite genre list. Not a fan of Thor. Not that big a fan of Xena. Not gonna be a fan of He-Man. Sorry. There is nothing that will make me  :surrender:

This is also usually not my kind of genre. I am also not a fan of Thor. And I am not a fan of Xena. I am more the science fiction kind of guy.
But I really like He-Man. A huge part of it is probably nostalgia for the old He-Man series.

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #538 on: December 09, 2009, 09:41:17 PM »
 :bag: Hey hey hey I haven't watched that since I was seven, and you could always listen on iPod if you didn't wanna hear it!! :tease:

oh, and you may have guessed, but I really wouldn't get nostalgia.

Najemikon

« Reply #539 on: December 09, 2009, 10:21:42 PM »
Hey, Brittany, something I've wanted to ask you. When your Dad is supposed to bring home something for dinner and instead comes back with DVDs, how do you react?

:devil: