Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 262704 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: addicted2dvd: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #480 on: August 11, 2009, 08:32:51 PM »

CSI: Season 2 (Disc 1)
FOLLOW THE EVIDENCE...AGAIN AND AGAIN.
This Amazing DVD collection contains all 23 original Season Two episodes of the People's Choice Award winner for Favorite Television Dramatic Series. Including many brand-new, never-before-seen featurettes and audio commentaries, CSI: The Complete Second Season is worth investigting further.

Episodes:
1. Burked
2. Chaos Theory
3. Overload
4. Bully for You

My Thoughts:
I am early into the second season... but I am already enjoying just as much (if not more) then the first season. Some really good episodes on this disc already. I especially enjoyed Chaos Theory where you see that the answer you get is not always the one you expect or want... as well as Bully for You where a high school bully is gunned down in the boy's room. That one surprised me quite a bit as I thought I knew who did it... but turned out to be wrong. Definitely not the first (or last) time I been wrong... but I am usually pretty fair at guessing,
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 13, 2009, 03:51:09 AM »

Knight Rider (2008): Season 1 (Disc 3)
An iconic TV classic is back and better than ever in the reinvented, updated, and super-charged Knight Rider Season One. From executive producers Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity franchise), David Bartis (The O.C.) and Glen Larson (Battlestar Galactica) comes this action-packed series about the coolest car ever created, K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Three Thousand), that's equipped with artificial intelligence capable of hacking into any computer, the weapons system of a jet fighter, and incredible custom body technology that allows it to transform into other vehicles. Relive every Season One episode as an elite team of crime-fighters work with K.I.T.T. to track down elusive, high-tech villains. Presented in uninterrupted Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, you won't want to miss this fast-paced ride to the wild side!

Episodes:
9. Knight of the Zodiac
10. Knight Fever
11. Don't Stop the Knight
12. Day Turns into Knight
13. Knight to King's Pawn

My Thoughts:
Another disc full of episodes I never seen before. I really enjoyed pretty much all of them... the main storyline really got good by the end of this disc. So I am really looking forward to watching the final disc in this set.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 14, 2009, 02:07:31 PM »

Knight Rider (2008): Season 1 (Disc 4)
An iconic TV classic is back and better than ever in the reinvented, updated, and super-charged Knight Rider Season One. From executive producers Doug Liman (The Bourne Identity franchise), David Bartis (The O.C.) and Glen Larson (Battlestar Galactica) comes this action-packed series about the coolest car ever created, K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Three Thousand), that's equipped with artificial intelligence capable of hacking into any computer, the weapons system of a jet fighter, and incredible custom body technology that allows it to transform into other vehicles. Relive every Season One episode as an elite team of crime-fighters work with K.I.T.T. to track down elusive, high-tech villains. Presented in uninterrupted Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, you won't want to miss this fast-paced ride to the wild side!

Episodes:
14. Exit Light, Enter Knight
15. Fight Knight
16. Fly By Knight
17. Knight and the City
18. I Love the Knight Life

My Thoughts:
Since there was only this one last disc left to this set I thought I would go ahead and finish it off. I got to the point that I was really enjoying this series. Just as much as the original series... if not a little more. This is something shocking for me to say since I grew up with the original. By the time in the series that is covered on this disc the team that runs the Knight Rider project is pretty much cut in half... and I must admit the fewer number of people involved works better for the series.  Not to mention they kept all my favorite characters and got rid of the ones I didn't care about.

After finally getting to see every episode (about half of them twice) I am now even more saddened by this show not getting renewed for a second season. It is one of those cases where it felt like the series was just hitting it's stride when it got canceled.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 15, 2009, 12:33:04 PM »

CSI: Season 2 (Disc 2)
This Amazing DVD collection contains all 23 original Season Two episodes of the People's Choice Award winner for Favorite Television Dramatic Series. Including many brand-new, never-before-seen featurettes and audio commentaries, CSI: The Complete Second Season is worth investigating further.

Episodes:
5. Scuba Doobie-Doo
6. Alter Boys
7. Caged
8. Slaves of Las Vegas

My Thoughts:
Just finished off four more episodes of this great series. I enjoyed all the episodes on this disc... especially Slaves of Las Vegas. Which was a surprisingly good episode to me.  I say surprisingly good as I don't normally like storylines involving sexual fetishes. But this story was very good. Another thing that surprised me about this episode was the nudity on a network TV series like they had in this one. a couple shots of a female butt and a couple shots of her breast (inc. nipple) which is normally not allowed on Network Television here in the US. Not that I am a prude or anything... it don't bother me at all... just surprised me.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 15, 2009, 09:44:55 PM »

The Time Tunnel: Vol. 1 (Disc 2 Side A)
FROM THE CREATIVE GENIUS OF IRWIN ALLEN ("Lost in Space," "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea," The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno) COMES ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR AND ORIGINAL SCI-FI SHOWS OF THE 1960s!

"THE CONTROL OF TIME IS POTENTIALLY THE MOST VALUABLE TREASURE THAT MAN WILL EVER FIND." Or so believed the scientists of Project Tic Toc. Located beneath the Arizona desert, the ten-year project's focus is the feasibility of time travel. But when the government reconsiders the project, the scientists have only 24 hours to prove their untested "Time Tunnel" will actually work. Determined to save the project, Dr. Tony Newman and Dr. Doug Philips go through the tunnel—and quickly find themselves catapulted from one historical event to another, barely escaping with their lives as their colleagues back in Arizona race to figure out a way to bring them back home.

Episodes:
4. The Day the Sky Fell In
5. The Last Patrol

My Thoughts:
I finally got around to watching a couple more episodes of this series. I don't know why I am watching this show so slowly... it really is one I have been enjoying. Both episodes were good... but I enjoyed "The Day the Sky Fell In" a little more then the other.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 16, 2009, 07:17:38 PM »

The Time Tunnel: Vol. 1 (Disc 2 Side B)
FROM THE CREATIVE GENIUS OF IRWIN ALLEN ("Lost in Space," "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea," The Poseidon Adventure and The Towering Inferno) COMES ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR AND ORIGINAL SCI-FI SHOWS OF THE 1960s!

"THE CONTROL OF TIME IS POTENTIALLY THE MOST VALUABLE TREASURE THAT MAN WILL EVER FIND." Or so believed the scientists of Project Tic Toc. Located beneath the Arizona desert, the ten-year project's focus is the feasibility of time travel. But when the government reconsiders the project, the scientists have only 24 hours to prove their untested "Time Tunnel" will actually work. Determined to save the project, Dr. Tony Newman and Dr. Doug Philips go through the tunnel—and quickly find themselves catapulted from one historical event to another, barely escaping with their lives as their colleagues back in Arizona race to figure out a way to bring them back home.

Episodes:
6. Crack of Doom
7. Revenge of the Gods

My Thoughts:
I woke up this morning in the mood for some more time traveling fun. I guess because for some odd reason they decided to make these discs double sided... but still only have 4 episodes per disc. So there is only 2 episodes per each side. These 2 episodes were very good... I enjoyed them both more then the episodes I watched yesterday. The episode Crack of Doom was very enjoyable... but I am not to familiar with the history aspect of this one... as history was my worst subject in school (I hated it!) but was about an island (Krakatoa?) blowing up from a volcano erupting. At least I was familiar with the subject from Revenge of the Gods which put the time travelers right in the middle of the whole Helen of Troy and Trojan Horse situation. I enjoyed both these episode pretty much the same... but if I had to pick one for a favorite I would have to go with Revenge of the Gods... just for that very reason of being familiar with the story.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #486 on: August 16, 2009, 08:17:15 PM »
Have you watched the episode of The Time Tunnel yet where they met up with Billy the Kid?  I forget what the title of that episode was.  Billy was played by Robert Walker Jr. if memory serves me right...he played Billy as a particularly vicious character as I recall but it's one of my favorite episodes of the series.  You know me and westerns  :clap:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 16, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »
No... not yet Roger... but the next episode in the set deals with General Custer and Chief Sitting Bull... Battle at Little Big Horn.

Looking ahead I see that the Billy the Kid episode is in the vol. 2 set. (Disc 2 of Vol. 2)... I am only half way through the Vol. 1 set now.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 18, 2009, 03:49:23 PM »

CSI: Season 2 (Disc 3)
This Amazing DVD collection contains all 23 original Season Two episodes of the People's Choice Award winner for Favorite Television Dramatic Series. Including many brand-new, never-before-seen featurettes and audio commentaries, CSI: The Complete Second Season is worth investigating further.

Episodes:
9. And Then There Were None
10. Ellie
11. Organ Grinder
12. You've Got Male

My Thoughts:
Today I was in the mood for another disc of this great series. I especially enjoyed the episode And Then There Were None... it updates us on one of the few criminals that gets away. In Organ Grinder there was a familiar face... once the episode was over I looked to see where I knew her from. She is a regular on the series Desperate Housewives... playing Bree Van De Kamp.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 22, 2009, 06:53:27 PM »

The Greatest '70s Cop Shows
From Police Woman to Aaron Spelling classics like Charlie's Angels, Starsky and Hutch, S.W.A.T. and The Rookies, grab a seat and get ready to revisit all your favorite moments from the coolest crop of '70s cop shows. Digitally remastered on DVD for the first time ever, TV's sexiest adventures, high-octane car chases and thrilling shoot-outs have never looked better! This DVD collects five sought-after first episodes from the first seasons of these beloved action-packed hit series.
Charlie's Angels: Hell Ride
Investigating a conspiracy surrounding the murder of a famed female racer, Sabrina goes undercover as a racecar driver, while Jill and Bosley pose as holy-rollers to spread their gospel on the racetrack. When the Angels foil a covert diamond heist, the speedway never looked so sexy!

My Thoughts:
I bought this compilation disc to get an idea if I want to collect the season sets of the series included. I have seen Charlie's Angels before... but it has been so many years that I really didn't remember the series that well at all. I did enjoy this episode. The ladies were beautiful and fun to watch. But going by this episode at least... it is not the best series of it's type. I am not even sure I would actually call this a cop show as they are private investigators... not cops. Though that is just a minor thing as it still does involve solving crimes.

Whether or not I collect this series will depend on how cheap I can get it. Looking at Amazon I see the first 3 seasons are all under $16 each. At these prices I can see myself collecting this series.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 23, 2009, 07:21:08 PM »

CSI: Season 2 (Disc 4)

Episodes:
13. Identity Crisis
14. The Finger
15. Burden of Proof
16. Primum Non Nocere

My Thoughts:
Another disc of one of my new favorites. This disc has 4 more good episodes. I enjoyed them all. Though a little less so on the last one on the disc. But I especially enjoyed both The Finger and Burdon of Proof... as both threw me on who the bad guy really was.
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #491 on: August 24, 2009, 02:00:39 AM »
I should've remembered where in the series that episode about Billy The Kid appeared on The Time Tunnel.  You could always jump ahead to that episode if you wanted to see it sooner.  We all know that shows from the 1960s can pretty much be viewed in any order you desire...no such thing as continuity back then...  :tease:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 28, 2009, 03:44:58 AM »

CSI: Season 2 (Disc 5)

Episodes:
17. Felonius Monk
18. Chasing the Bus
19. Stalker
20. Cats in the Cradle...

My Thoughts:
I can't believe I only have 1 more disc (3 episodes) left to watch in this series. I am still enjoying this show very much... I need to get season 3 soon so I can continue! Once again all the episodes on this disc is very good... enjoyed them all. I think my favorite episode on this disc would have to be Stalker. Not only is it a good story about a stalker... but it turns out that all isn't as it seems.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 29, 2009, 08:01:21 PM »

M.A.N.T.I.S.: The Complete Series (Disc 1)
FROM THE CREATORS OF THE EVIL DEAD AND ARMY OF DARKNESS comes the crime-fighting saga that beats them all! Using a newly invented metal exoskeleton that provides superhuman abilities, wheelchair-bound Dr. Miles Hawkins (Alias' Carl Lumbly) embarks on a quest to rid his city of the ever-growing plague of crime terrorizing its citizens. This action-packed series broke new ground with television's first African-American superhero and became an instant cult favorite, now exploding onto DVD for the first time!

Episodes:
1. Pilot Movie
2. First Steps
3. Tango Blue
4. Days of Rage
5. Cease Fire

My Thoughts:
This set was a blind buy for me. But I was fairly confident I would like it as I enjoy most things involving some type of Superhero and crime fighting. And I was right... this was no exception! This series is high on the Sci-Fi side of things. The series is from the early to mid '90s so the effects are not quite as good by today's standards... but they really aren't that bad either.

I get the feeling that the Pilot Movie in this set was more of a TV Movie first draft as they changed the series quite a lot in the episode First Steps. And for the better I must add. I like the 2 characters he has helping him in the series much more then the ones he had in the movie. Also in the movie he is already The Mantis when the story begins... where the first episode in the series shows how he first gets started. Another thing I didn't care for in the movie version is he wore a normal every-day suit over top the exoskeleton. So seeing a guy in the mantis helmet while wearing a normal suit just seemed weird and wrong. Don't get me wrong... I did still enjoy the movie version. I was just happy to see them correct pretty much everything wrong with the movie in the series... making the show much more enjoyable.

For those interested (or just curios) here is the show's intro...
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 31, 2009, 01:30:39 AM »

CSI: Season 2 (Disc 6)

Episodes:
21. Anatomy of a Lye
22. Cross-Jurisdictions
23. The Hunger Artist

My Thoughts:
I just had to finish of this set. This disc has the final 3 episodes of the season. I enjoyed every episode on this disc quite a bit. But if I had to pick a favorite it would be Cross-Jurisdiction. Where some of the team goes to Florida for a case. It also has a few of the cast members for CSI: Miami. Including David Caruso who I never cared for in anything he has been in. Though he was at least tolerable in this episode.

Now that I am finished with season 2... and still very much wanting to see more... I am planning on ordering season 3 on Payday. I definitely must get more of this show. My good friend Tammy really got me hooked this time. Thank goodness up to season 9 is already out on DVD... so I have a lot to look forward to in the hopefully near future.
Pete