Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 255482 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: addicted2dvd: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #420 on: April 19, 2009, 02:36:28 AM »

Charmed: Season 3 (Discs 1-2)
Three times is a charm! Charmed: The Complete Third Season has three times the power, as well as all of the supernatural thrills and excitement, as the Charmed Ones -- Prue (Shannen Doherty), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) -- deal with being modern-day witches.

How could life get any more complicated for the Halliwell sisters? One learns that her greatest love is also her greatest enemy; another defies The Powers That Be to marry; and tragedy unexpectedly befalls the third, leaving the sisters powerless to stop it.

The perfect potion of suspense-filled adventure, crafty humor and dynamic heroines casts a spell that brings you 22 episodes of pure viewing magic.

Episodes:
1. The Honeymoon's Over
2. Magic Hour
3. Once Upon A Time
4. All Halliwell's Eve
5. Sight Unseen
6. Primrose Empath
7. Power Outage
8. Sleuthing With The Enemy

My thoughts:
I am really enjoying revisiting Charmed... So much so that it didn't take me long to start season 3. This is the season they added the character Cole. A lot of people love that character... and I am sorry... but I can't stand him!  There is just something about him I never liked. But even he can't keep my away from enjoying this show! My favorite episode from these 2 discs would have to be All Halliwell's Eve... the first Halloween episode they ever did.  It is one of my favorites even considering every episode in the entire series.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 19, 2009, 04:05:54 AM »

Ultimate Avengers: The Movie
A world in crisis. Age-old enemies on the verge of attack. A mighty team is recruited, and Earth's ultimate hero is sought to lead them — Captain America. Unfortunately, he's been frozen in ice for over sixty years.

Inspired by Marvel's best-selling books, "The Ultimates," this is the extraordinary story of six very independent heroes who, like it or not, must fight as one to save the world. Little did they know that their biggest threat would emerge from within their very own ranks — The Incredible Hulk!

My Thoughts:
I just couldn't help myself... I was trying to save this movie for a marathon later... but I just couldn't wait to watch it. Especially after my daughter borrowing it from me and telling me how much she enjoyed it. So I thought I would slip this one in tonight. I got this through Amazon Marketplace very cheap. After watching it I feel like I got a heck of a deal... because I enjoyed every minute of it!  I was never familiar with The Avengers... but always liked both Captain America and Iron Man. This is the first time I ever seen a few of them (Wasp, Giant Man & Black Widow). I really enjoyed seeing the team get together. I hope to get the second movie (with the Black Panther) before too long. As well as some of Marvels other animated movies.

My Rating:
Out of a Possible 5

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNYowBX6wHU
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 20, 2009, 10:50:55 PM »

NCIS: Season 5 (Disc 2)
NCIS: The Fifth Season delivers more drama, surprises, wit and humor then ever before from the elite team of special agents that bravely battles spies, kidnappers, murderers and terrorists around the world. This season is marked by mysterious secrets among the cutting edge crew, an explosive showdown with an elusive arms dealer, and a shocking final episode that should not be missed. Starring Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, David McCallum, Sean Murray, Cote de Pablo, and Lauren Holly, this 5-disc set includes all 18 season 5 episodes, plus all-new behind-the-scenes special features.

Episodes:
5. Leap of Faith
6. Chimera
7. Requiem
8. Designated Target

My Thoughts:
Felt like watching the next disc in this set. There are all good episodes... but I specially enjoyed Chimera.... even though not really a Halloween episodes as Halloween is never mentioned in the episode... they do make it like one with a more spooky situation as they are exploring an abandoned ship... and there is even talks of ghosts and monsters. The episode originally aired the night before Halloween of 2007. The episode Requiem was also a stand out episode as you learn more about Gibbs past and his daughter when his daughter's best friend at the time finds him asking for help.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 21, 2009, 07:14:36 PM »

Tales from the Darkside: Season 1 (Eps. 1-4)
Tales from the Darkside, the uniquely terrifying, frighteningly popular horror anthology series, is back. Packed with haunting stories that at first light appear to be about normal situations, these tales are gradually twisted until they become something sinister, shocking and totally unsettling.

Revealing the dark underworld of our everyday existence, Tales from the Darkside includes stories penned by masters of horror, with unforgettable performances by some of Hollywood's finest stars.

Dark, scary and with a bizarre sense of justice, all 24 episodes of Tales from the Darkside's spine-tingling first season will capture your imagination...and never let it go.

EPISODES
1. Trick or Treat
2. The New Man
3. I'll Give you a Million
4. Painkiller

My Thoughts:
Even though I am very familiar with the series itself (I have heard much about it)... this is a series I never seen a single episode of. When I saw the set was on sale for just under $20 I decided I would get it and see if all the praise I have heard about it was true. I tried not to let all the hype I heard about it make me expect too much... but I was probably expecting a little too much going in. Thankfully that didn't matter in this case.... as I enjoyed every minute of the first 4 episodes. I especially enjoyed the Pilot episode (Trick or Treat) which also just happened to be a Halloween episode. I also was seeing a lot of familiar faces in this series. Only watching 4 episodes so far and I am able to spot...

- Bernard Hughes (Grandpa on The Lost Boys)
- Max Wright (ALF - Small part)
- Eddie Jones (Lois and Clark) Looking rather young in this... actually had to look him up to see why he looked so familiar.
- Vic Tayback (Alice)

Anyway... I am already really glad I bought this first season and I hope to see the rest of the series released as well!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: April 22, 2009, 11:54:30 AM »

Charmed: Season 3 (Discs 3-4)
Three times is a charm! Charmed: The Complete Third Season has three times the power, as well as all of the supernatural thrills and excitement, as the Charmed Ones -- Prue (Shannen Doherty), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) -- deal with being modern-day witches.

How could life get any more complicated for the Halliwell sisters? One learns that her greatest love is also her greatest enemy; another defies The Powers That Be to marry; and tragedy unexpectedly befalls the third, leaving the sisters powerless to stop it.

The perfect potion of suspense-filled adventure, crafty humor and dynamic heroines casts a spell that brings you 22 episodes of pure viewing magic.

Episodes:
9. Coyote Piper
10. We All Scream for Ice Cream
11. Blinded By the Whitelighter
12. Wrestling with Demons
13. Bride and Gloom
14. The Good, The Bad and The Cursed
15. Just Harried
16. Death Takes a Halliwell

My Thoughts:
Two more discs of Charmed watched. All are good episodes... but my favorites on these 2 discs would have to be Coyote Piper. Of course I had to pick that one since it is an episode centered on my favorite Character Piper! And then on the next disc I liked Just Harried the best. That is the one where Piper and Leo get married. Gee... another Piper episode... who would have guessed?
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: April 24, 2009, 01:06:20 AM »

NCIS: Season 5 (Discs 3-4)
'NCIS: The Fifth Season' delivers more drama, surprises, wit and humor then ever before from the elite team of special agents that bravely battles spies, kidnappers, murderers and terrorists around the world. This season is marked by mysterious secrets among the cutting edge crew, an explosive showdown with an elusive arms dealer, and a shocking final episode that should not be missed. Starring Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, David McCallum, Sean Murray, Cote de Pablo, and Lauren Holly, this 5-disc set includes all 18 season 5 episodes, plus all-new behind-the-scenes special features.

Episodes
9. Lost & Found
10. Corporal Punishment
11. Tribes
12. Stakeout
13. Dog Tags
14. Internal Affairs
15. In The Zone
16. Recoil

My Thoughts:
Watched two more discs... all good episodes.. but really enjoyed Lost & Found.... though I didn't care too much for Tribes. Season 5 is the year of the writer's strike... so there is only a couple more episodes left to watch in this season.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 30, 2009, 12:56:48 AM »

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 3 (Discs 3-4)
Set in the 24th century and decades after the adventures of the original crew of the starship Enterprise, this new series is the long-awaited successor to the original "Star Trek" (1966). Under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, the all new Enterprise NCC 1701-D travels out to distant planets to seek out new life and to boldly go where no one has gone before.

EPISODES:
9. The Vengeance Factor
10. The Defector
11. The Hunted
12. The High Ground
13. Deja Q
14. A Matter of Perspective
15. Yesterday's Enterprise
16. The Offspring

My Thoughts:
Over the last few days I watched 2 more discs of this set. There is a lot of good episodes on these discs.... especially on disc 4. I think out of this bunch my favorite episode was Yesterday's Enterprise... I really enjoyed seeing Tasha again... I have missed her on the show... she was my favorite season 1 character.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 01, 2009, 01:33:25 AM »

NCIS: Season 5 (Disc 5)
NCIS: The Fifth Season delivers more drama, surprises, wit and humor then ever before from the elite team of special agents that bravely battles spies, kidnappers, murderers and terrorists around the world. This season is marked by mysterious secrets among the cutting edge crew, an explosive showdown with an elusive arms dealer, and a shocking final episode that should not be missed. Starring Mark Harmon, Michael Weatherly, Pauley Perrette, David McCallum, Sean Murray, Cote de Pablo, and Lauren Holly, this 5-disc set includes all 18 season 5 episodes, plus all-new behind-the-scenes special features.

Episodes
17. About Face
18. Judgement Day

My Thoughts:
And this completes the boxset. Due to the writer's strike it was a short season. But it definitely ended in an exciting way... I felt that both episodes on this disc was excellent! I especially enjoyed Judgment Day which is a double length episode.  I also watched a short featurette on Pauley Perrette who plays my favorite character Abbey on the show. I was pretty surprised to learn that not only are 2 (of the many) tattoos she has is fake (Spider Web on Neck & Huge Cross on Back) but she is really a blonde... she dies her hair black. I must admit... I don't think she would look right as a blonde.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 03, 2009, 09:00:34 AM »

Charmed: Season 3 (Discs 5-6)

Episodes:
17. Pre-Witch
18. Sin Francisco
19. The Demon Who Came in From the Cold
20. Exit Strategy
21. Look Who's Barking
22. All Hell Breaks Loose

My Thoughts:
This brings the third season to an end... along with the involvement of Shannen Doherty as Prue. A very strong conclusion to this season. there is a few that I really enjoyed on these 2 discs. My favorite episodes out of the above would be Pre-Witch, Sin Francisco and I especially enjoyed All Hell Breaks Loose. Now I am really looking forward to revisiting season 4 when Rose McGowan joins the cast as Paige.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 06, 2009, 02:51:02 PM »

21 Jump Street: Season 1 (Discs 1-2)
It all begins here, as baby-faced rookie Officer Tom Hanson (Johnny Depp) is assigned to an elite squad of young undercover cops - Judy Hoffs (Holly Robison Peete), Doug Penhall (Peter DeLuise) and Harry Truman Ioki (Dustin Nguyen) - to infiltrate high schools and fight crime. Frederic Forrest and Steven Williams co-star in this classic first season that also features such guest stars as Jason Priestley, Josh Brolin, David Paymer, Sherilyn Fenn and Blair Underwood in what became Fox's first runaway hit and remains on of the coolest cop shows in TV history!

21 JUMP STREET - SEASON ONE includes all 13 explosive episodes - including the rarely seen two-part premiere - and is now packed with extras that include all-new interviews with stars Holly Robinson Peete, Dustin Nguyen, Steven Williams and series co-creator Stephen J. Cannell and an exclusive audio commentary with star Peter DeLuise.

Episodes:
1. Pilot (Part 1)
2. Pilot (Part 2)
3. America, What a Town
4. Don't Pet the Teacher
5. The Worst Night of Your Life

My Thoughts:
This is a series I have always enjoyed. First of all when it originally aired I was in high school so it was fun to watch a cop show taking place somewhere familiar to me like this. It was always real fun to watch... has a nice bit of action (though not as much as most cop shows now do)... and is something I remember fondly that the whole family would gather together to watch. Something that never happens any more. Out of these two discs I especially enjoyed the two-part Pilot episode. I thought not only did it introduce all the characters well... but it also was a good story when it came to the crime being committed.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 07, 2009, 01:25:19 AM »

Tales from the Darkside: Season 1 (Eps. 5-8)
Tales from the Darkside, the uniquely terrifying, frighteningly popular horror anthology series, is back. Packed with haunting stories that at first light appear to be about normal situations, these tales are gradually twisted until they become something sinister, shocking and totally unsettling.

Revealing the dark underworld of our everyday existence, Tales from the Darkside includes stories penned by masters of horror, with unforgettable performances by some of Hollywood's finest stars.

Dark, scary and with a bizarre sense of justice, all 24 episodes of Tales from the Darkside's spine-tingling first season will capture your imagination...and never let it go.

Episodes
5. The Odds
6.  Mookie and Pookie
7. Slippage
8. Inside the Closet

My Thoughts:
I am really starting to like this show. I am glad I took a chance on it. Once again I saw a couple familiar faces in these episodes. First in The Odds I saw Danny Aiello. Then there was Justine Batemen in Mookie and Pookie.  I would have to say my favorite episode of these four would have to be Inside the Closet which was directed by Tom Savini who is well known for his special effects make-up. I didn't notice in the credits but I am pretty sure he did the effects work on the episode as well.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 07, 2009, 08:29:27 PM »

The Cosby Show: Season 1 (Eps. 17-20)
The Cosby Show appeared on NBC from 1984 to 1992, becoming one of the most popular programs in the history of television. The series depicted a close-knit and prosperous African American family (The Huxtables) that dwelled in New York City. Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable, OB-GYN (Bill Cosby), and his attorney wife Clair (Phylicia Rashad), a happily married, dual-profession couple, had aspirations of raising their five children in an uplifting, positive environment. The Huxtables were truly a groundbreaking family for television.

The Cosby Show was an instant smash hit, holding TV's #1 slot for a record five consecutive years (1985 to 1990), and it remained in the Top 20 shows of all eight seasons it was on NBC. The Cosby Show's popularity was so intense that it has carried over into the 21st century, and in 2005 The Cosby Show is as relevant as it has ever been. The Huxtable's are adored around the world.

Episodes:
17. Theo and the Joint
18. Vanessa's New Class
19. Clair's Case
20. Back to the Track, Jack

My Thoughts:
All the sudden I felt like watching a few episodes of The Cosby Show. It was a lot of fun getting back to this series a little. All the ones I watched this time were good... but I especially enjoyed Clair's Case and Back to the Track, Jack. No I only have to watch 4 more episodes to complete this season. Well except for the bonus disc which I also want to check out because it sounds like it has a lot of good extras.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 08, 2009, 01:52:14 AM »

Charmed: Season 4 (Discs 1-2)
The Charmed ones, modern-day urban witches Phoebe (Alyssa Milano), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Paige (Rose McGowan), move into Season Four with deeper, darker and more deftly crafted stories. As Piper and Phoebe struggle with the loss of their older sister, they discover the existence of half-sister Paige Matthews. Possessing the power to orb as a half-Whitelighter, Paige joins the Halliwell sisters to recreate the magical triad that protects the innocent and vanquishes evil. But all may be lost as Cole's (Julian McMahon) demonic side takes over, and Leo (Brian Krause) must face his past if he is to help the sisters in a battle that could destroy them all.

With intriguing characters, amazing special effects and the perfect brew of suspense, drama, and humor, each exciting episode in this fascinating supernatural series casts a gripping spell.

Episodes:
1. Charmed Again
2. Hell Hath No Fury
3. Enter the Demon
4. Size Matters
5. A Knight to Remember
6. Brain Drain
7. Black as Cole

My Thoughts:
Started my season 4 set. This is the season that Rose McGowen joins the cast. I know the first time I saw this season that I was worried about them replacing Prue. I was very surprised how well they pulled it off! These first two discs has several episodes I really enjoy. First of course there is Charmed Again where they introduce Paige. I also really enjoyed Hell Hath No Fury... where Piper is turned into a Fury. For some reason I always got a kick out of the episodes where the girls are turned into something. Then there was Brain Drain where they do the alternate reality... what if they are really just crazy storyline. And then there is one of my favorites in Size Matters. I especially like this one not only because of a good story but because it has Robert Englund (Freddy Kreuger) guest starring.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: May 12, 2009, 07:48:42 PM »

The Time Tunnel - 2002 Unaired Pilot
Unaired 2002 attempt to relaunch Irwin Allen's original series "The Time Tunnel". In this version, a secret Dept. of Energy project to create "hot fusion" instead creates a "storm" in time. It takes the scientists four hours (240 minutes) to lock down one end of the storm, while the other is still randomly sweeping across the time stream. When they leave their bunker, the scientists discover that the "two-forty" (the 240 minutes the storm was out of control), caused random changes to the fabric of history, and only they know the true history of the world. Now the scientists must send teams back through the time tunnel to correct major errors the storm created. DOE employee Doug Phillips is recruited into the group because of his particular knowledge of a World War 2 battle, where the Time Tunnel team must go in order to stop an outbreak of the Black Plague.

My Thoughts:
I was going to try to wait to watch this bonus episode until I was done the set... but I just couldn't wait to see it. Especially after I found out that Doug Phillips was played by David Conrad (plays Jim Clancy, Melinda's husband on Ghost Whisperer). I have to tell you... It sucks that this pilot was never sold... as I loved every second of it. They left enough the same to pay a good homage to the classic Irwin Allen series. But changed enough of it to make an interesting and new show. I kinda liked how in this case they weren't actually lost in time... more straight out travelers. It gave it a bit of a Stargate SG-1 feel. And I found it pretty funny that they changed the character of Tony Newman to a female character properly named Toni Newman. I left this episode really wanting more! It is a shame it just wasn't meant to be!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: May 13, 2009, 02:06:55 PM »

I Love Lucy: The Complete Series (Disc 1)
Fall in love again and again with the timeless comedy that entertains generation after generation. This special 34-disc DVD collection contains every hilarious episode of every classic season of I Love Lucy — from the Lost Pilot to the The Lucy-Desi Comedy Hour shows. Join Lucy, Ricky, Fred and Ethel for non-stop laughter as you savor every magical moment of the greatest sitcom of all time.

Episodes:
1. THE LOST "I LOVE LUCY" PILOT
2. THE GIRLS WANT TO GO TO A NIGHTCLUB
3. BE A PAL
4. THE DIET
5. LUCY THINKS RICKY IS TRYING TO MURDER HER
6. THE QUIZ SHOW

My Thoughts:
I have to admit... I forgot just how funny this classic sitcom really is. I just got this set yesterday afternoon and I already watched all the episodes on the first disc! The episodes on this were all very good... but my favorite episode on this disc would have to be Lucy Thinks Ricky is Trying to Murder Her. My least favorite on the disc? I would have to say Be a Pal... and that wasn't bad at all. Well... One Disc down... 33 to go!
Pete