Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 255483 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: addicted2dvd: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #390 on: March 17, 2009, 09:16:02 PM »

Batman: The Animated Series: Vol. 1 (Disc 2)
This fantastic 4-disc set packs 28 awesome adventures of the World's Greatest Detective taking down an array of criminal masterminds plus Exclusive Extras also worthy of investigation. Experience the thrills of vigilante justice as millionaire playboy Bruce Wayne and alter-ego Batman protect the streets of Gotham City from a host of villains including archnemesis The Joker, deadly-beautiful Poison Ivy and primitive Killer Croc in a fresh take on super hero storytelling. Intelligent, dramatic stories, unique characters and sharp dialog shaped this edgy TV series into an Emmy®-winning powerhouse that brought the Caped Crusader out of the dark alleys of TV history and into the present for fans of all ages.

Episodes:
8. The Forgotten
9. Be A Clown
10. Two-Face: Part 1
11. Two-Face: Part 2
12. It's Never Too Late
13. I've Got Batman in My Basement
14. Heart of Ice

My Thoughts:
Wow... I can't believe it... but I waited over two months before getting to the next disc of this set! Surprising since I enjoyed the first disc so much. On this disc some episodes was better then others... but I especially enjoyed the Two-Face two-parter. Brittany watched this entire set already... and this disc has her favorite episode on it... so she watched it again with me... that episode being I've Got Batman in My Basement.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 19, 2009, 12:25:55 AM »

Spin City: Season 1 (Disc 2)
Spin City is a smart, sophisticated ABC sitcom about the behind-the-scenes workings of City Hall in the biggest city in America. Workaholic Mike Flaherty (Michael J. Fox) is the Deputy Mayor of New York City, serving as Mayor Randall Winston's (Barry Bostwick, Rocky Horror Picture Show) key strategist and much-needed handler.

Mike runs the city with the help of his oddball staff: an anxious and insecure press secretary (Richard Kind, Mad About You); a sexist, boorish chief of staff (Alan Ruck, Ferris Bueller's Day Off); an impeccably groomed gay activist running minority affairs (Michael Boatman, Arliss); a sharp and efficient, man-crazy accountant (Connie Britton, Friday Night Lights); and an idealistic young speechwriter (Alexander Chaplin). Like Mike, they are all professionally capable but personally challenged.

Spin City was an immediate hit when it debuted in 1996. The series reunited Fox with Family Ties executive producer and creator Gary David Goldberg and proved that the magic of their creative partnership was enduring.

Episodes:
7. Grand Illusion
8. The High and the Mighty
9. Meet Tommy Dugan
10. The Competition
11. Dog Day Afternoon
12. Criss Cross

My Thoughts:
Once again remembering just how much I enjoyed this sitcom. This disc has a lot of really good episodes. I enjoyed the whole disc. There is also a few great guest stars/Familiar faces on this disc. First we have George Wendt in The High and the Mighty... then we have Woody Harrelson in Meet Tommy Dogan. And finally in The Compitition (a Thanksgiving episode) we have the always lovely Jennifer Garner (Alias).
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 19, 2009, 01:00:13 PM »

Charmed: Season 2 (Disc 1)
The Halliwell sisters are back... and they've got "the power of three"! Charmed: The Complete Second Season casts a spell of excitement, adventure and fun as Prue (Shannen Doherty), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) continue their journey as modern-day witches.

From the intense season opener, when the trio battles an old foe who attempts to render then powerless, to the suspense-filled, and at times very humorous season finale, these beauitiful heroines will have you wish for more. Their foes are stronger, Their powers are growing, and the suypernatural has even more unique ways of disrupting their drama-filled personal lives just when to het it together. Each exciting episode of Charmed: The Complete Second Season continues to work magic that made this critically acclaimed audiencefavorite a force to be reckoned with.

Episodes:
1. Witch Trial
2. Morality Bites
3. The Painted World
4. The Devil's Music

My thoughts:
I still find myself in the mood to watch Charmed... so I started the second season. The first 2 episodes on the disc is good... but the last 2 episodes on this one is I am less then happy with. Never been much of a fan of either. I would say my favorite episode on this disc would have to be Morality Bites where the sisters go into the future to stop Phoebe from being burned at the stake.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 19, 2009, 10:51:12 PM »

Smallville: Season 7 (Disc 3)
There are two CLARK KENTs. One is the young man whose life in a tiny Kansas town sets him on destiny's path. The other is a BIZARRO show shares Clark's DNA but not his values. Only one of them can survive.

SUPERMAN mythology grows deeper and more powerful in an event-packed season that includes the arrival of Clark's cousin KARA/SUPERGIRL. Keep a low profile and master your powers, Clark says. Kara has other ideas. Plus: LANA LANG might prefer Bizarro to the real deal. LOIS LANE makes a career leap. CHLOE SULLIVAN finds that balancing a meteor power with a personal life isn't easy. And LEX LUTHOR's power-lust has a new fixation – Kara. New characters and complications. New secrets and lore. New thrills and special effects. Power up to Season 7!

Episodes:
9. Gemini
10. Persona
11. Siren
12. Fracture

My Thoughts:
I decided to watch four more episodes of Smallville today.  The episodes on this disc is all good... but I would have to say my favorite episode of the disc would have to be Siren... where we meet the Black Canary... which was played by Alaina Huffman who played Maureen Bowers on the short-lived series Painkiller Jane.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 23, 2009, 12:16:22 PM »

Charmed: Season 2 (Disc 2)
The Halliwell sisters are back... and they've got "the power of three"! Charmed: The Complete Second Season casts a spell of excitement, adventure and fun as Prue (Shannen Doherty), Piper (Holly Marie Combs) and Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) continue their journey as modern-day witches.

From the intense season opener, when the trio battles an old foe who attempts to render then powerless, to the suspense-filled, and at times very humorous season finale, these beauitiful heroines will have you wish for more. Their foes are stronger, Their powers are growing, and the suypernatural has even more unique ways of disrupting their drama-filled personal lives just when to het it together. Each exciting episode of Charmed: The Complete Second Season continues to work magic that made this critically acclaimed audiencefavorite a force to be reckoned with.

Episodes:
5. She's A Man, Baby, A Man!
6. That Old Black Magic
7. They're Everywhere
8. P3 H2O

My thoughts:
Finished another disc of Charmed. Still enjoying watching these old episodes. Though I may slow down a bit to watch Start Trek: The Next Generation more... this way I can remind myself and be prepared for Season 3 when it comes. These were all strong episodes... but none that I would actually call favorites.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 24, 2009, 10:32:08 PM »

A Haunting: Season 3 (Disc 1)
New Dominion Picture's A Haunting: Season 3, takes you inside ten real-life horror stories that originally aired on the Discovery Channel. Each eerie one-hour episode features eyewitness accounts and cinematic re-inactments of some of the most spine-tingling, ghostly hauntings ever recorded. Even the most skeptical observer will be shocked and intrigued by these spellbinding tales

Visit the centuries-old pub in northern England, haunted by a gruesome past, the dream house that turns into a nightmare, and the famously creepy haunting in Ireland. This three DVD set of the third season of A Haunting explores these and many other unexplainable, creepy and macabre tales of the paranormal. By the end of each amazing story, you will experience a lingering sense that life and death are much stranger then you could have possibly imagined!

Episodes:
1. Fear House
2. The Attic
3. Hidden Terror

My Thoughts:
I always enjoyed these "true" stories of hauntings. This is a series I discovered on DVD after my daughter gave me the season 1 & 2 set for Father's Day last year. This was a very strong start to the season. I enjoyed all 3 episodes on this disc. I especially enjoyed both The Attic and Hidden Terror. I so enjoyed this disc... I can't wait to watch some more of this series.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 25, 2009, 01:30:21 AM »

Charmed: Season 2 (Disc 3)

From the intense season opener, when the trio battles an old foe who attempts to render then powerless, to the suspense-filled, and at times very humorous season finale, these beauitiful heroines will have you wish for more. Their foes are stronger, Their powers are growing, and the supernatural has even more unique ways of disrupting their drama-filled personal lives just when to get it together. Each exciting episode of Charmed: The Complete Second Season continues to work magic that made this critically acclaimed audience favorite a force to be reckoned with.

Episodes:
9. Ms. Hellfire
10. Heartbreak City
11. Reckless Abandon
12. Awakened

My Thoughts:
I felt like a few more episodes of Charmed today. Most all the episodes on this disc is really good. But Awakened is one of my favorites. No big surprise there as it centers around Piper played by the always lovely Holly Marie Combs.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 26, 2009, 08:11:29 PM »

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 1 (Disc 2-7)
Set in the 24th century and decades after the adventures of the original crew of the starship Enterprise, this new series is the long-awaited successor to the original "Star Trek" (1966). Under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, the all new Enterprise NCC 1701-D travels out to distant planets to seek out new life and to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Episodes:
4. The Last Outpost
5. Where No One Has Gone Before
6. Lonely Among Us
7. Justice
8. The Battle
9. Hide and Q
10. Haven
11. The Big Goodbye
12. Datalore
13. Angel One
14. 11001001
15. Too Short a Season
16. When the Bough Breaks
17. Home Soil
18. Coming of Age
19. Heart of Glory
20. The Arsenal of Freedom
21. Symbiosis
22. Skin of Evil
23. We'll Always Have Paris
24. Conspiracy
25. The Neutral Zone

My Thoughts:
Well... this finishes off season 1. I really enjoyed watching this series again. A lot of good episodes that I completely forgot about here. Now all I have to do is watch season 2 before sometime next month when I will finally get to see season 3 (for the first time ever).
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 01, 2009, 01:10:28 AM »

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 2
Set in the 24th century and decades after the adventures of the original crew of the starship Enterprise, this new series is the long-awaited successor to the original "Star Trek" (1966). Under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, the all new Enterprise NCC 1701-D travels out to distant planets to seek out new life and to boldly go where no one has gone before.

My Thoughts:
I just spent the better part of the last week watching every episode of season 2. And now that I finished it I am all ready to watch season 3 when it arrives. I really enjoyed this season... though I was sorry to see Dr. Crusher was not in this season. Though I do see from the cast of season 3 set that she returns. The doctor in this season was fine... but she was no replacement for Dr. Crusher. I had a lot of fun rewatching these episodes... and now looking forward to watching some new (to me) episodes.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 02, 2009, 02:01:02 AM »

Charmed: Season 2 (Disc 4)

From the intense season opener, when the trio battles an old foe who attempts to render then powerless, to the suspense-filled, and at times very humorous season finale, these beauitiful heroines will have you wish for more. Their foes are stronger, Their powers are growing, and the supernatural has even more unique ways of disrupting their drama-filled personal lives just when to get it together. Each exciting episode of Charmed: The Complete Second Season continues to work magic that made this critically acclaimed audience favorite a force to be reckoned with.

Episodes:
13. Animal Pragmatism
14. Pardon My Past
15. Give Me A Sign
16. Murphy's Luck

My Thoughts:
Four more episodes of one of my all time favorite series. I think my favorite episode on this disc would have to be Pardon My Past and episode that revolves around Phoebe... where she must go back to a past life to save herself from a curse.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: April 06, 2009, 12:54:24 AM »

ER: Season 1 (Disc 1
I first wrote 'ER' back in 1974 as a record of my experiernces as a medical student in a hospital emergency room. But it was not until the fall of 1994, 20 years later, that these stories appeared as a new television series. That must surely be the longest creative gestation in modern television, but it was worth it. Audiences found the show to be fast-paced, fresh and real, and it drew a loyal following from it's very first episode. But if past was remarkable, the future was even more so: none of us in those early days of 'ER' could have anticipated it's long and remarkable run as one of the best and most popular television shows in the history of the medium. From it's early days to the the exciting present, it's been one long thrill for me, and I think for audiences as well. Enjoy!

Micheal Crichton, June 2003

My Thoughts:
This first disc contains the first 7 episodes of the series. Since I ordered season 4 I thought I would watch a handful of episodes to kinda get me in the mood of the series for when it gets here. ER really is a pretty good medical drama. I enjoyed all the episodes.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 06, 2009, 01:00:38 AM »

The Night Stalker: The Complete Series (Eps. 1-3)
Carl Kolchak returns in a new series of spine-tingling adventures. Produced by the X-Files' Frank Spotnitz and based on the original '70s suspense drama, Night Stalker updates the chilling classic in a startling new way. "There's something stylishly scary at work here," says The New York Times.

Caught up in an obsessive hunt for his own wife's murderer, Kolchak (Stuart Townsend) discovers that his imagination is no match for the evil that truly lurks in the dark. Paired with skeptic Perri Reed (Gabrielle Union), television's favorite crime reporter will stop at nothing to uncover the supernatural side of the night.

Featuring four episodes never seen on TV that complete the series and a host of exclusive bonus material, this 2-disc DVD set is so good it's scary.

Episodes:
1. Pilot
2. The Five People You Meet In Hell
3. Three

My Thoughts:
Felt like a taste of this series. I really liked this show... it is a shame it was canceled so soon. I think I even prefer it over the original series (Kolchak: The Night Stalker)... but that could be because I seen this series first. As it sometimes happens with me... the first one I see is the one I like better.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 06, 2009, 07:02:26 PM »

Smallville: Season 7 (Disc 5)
There are two CLARK KENTs. One is the young man whose life in a tiny Kansas town sets him on destiny's path. The other is a BIZARRO show shares Clark's DNA but not his values. Only one of them can survive.

SUPERMAN mythology grows deeper and more powerful in an event-packed season that includes the arrival of Clark's cousin KARA/SUPERGIRL. Keep a low profile and master your powers, Clark says. Kara has other ideas. Plus: LANA LANG might prefer Bizarro to the real deal. LOIS LANE makes a career leap. CHLOE SULLIVAN finds that balancing a meteor power with a personal life isn't easy. And LEX LUTHOR's power-lust has a new fixation – Kara. New characters and complications. New secrets and lore. New thrills and special effects. Power up to Season 7!

Episodes:
17. Sleeper
18. Apocalypse
19. Quest
20. Arctic

My Thoughts:
I put off watching the last disc of this set. Mainly because I never cared for the whole Veritas arc in this season. So the final 3rd of the season really wasn't up to par with the rest of the series. That being said... I am still enjoying the series enough to keep watching it. The new season has been fair... though I am not completely happy with it. And the announcement that there will be a season nine... while I believe I will give it a chance... I think this series should have ended a couple seasons back. He should be Superman already!
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 07, 2009, 01:34:22 AM »

NCIS: Season 1 (Disc 3)
N.C.I.S.: THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON follows an elite team of special agents who operate outside the military chain of command. Led by Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs (Mark Harmon), a tough, highly skilled investigator who's willing to bend the rules to get the job done, this tight-knit crew travel the world investigating everything from murder and espionage to terrorism and kidnapping in this 6-disc set featuring all 23 pulse-pounding episodes from this unique and dynamic show that's "...taught, smart and wonderfully unpredictable."

Episodes:
13. One Shot, One Kill
14. The Good Samaritan
15. Enigma
16. Bete Noire

My Thoughts:
Going back to this series a little. This disc all 4 episodes are very good... I especially like One Shot, One Kill and Bete Noire. Even though Bete Noire started a long arc (off and on into season 3) that did start to bore me.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 07, 2009, 05:26:37 PM »

Dracula: The Series: Vol. 1 (Eps. 1-4)
For centuries he has ruled the night, inspiring dozens of plays, scores of movies and millions of nightmares. His enduring legend is known and feared everywhere. Now, Dracula seeks global domination as Alexander Lucard, international billionaire power broker, who is relentlessly building a hi-tech network of white-collar vampires. Two young American brothers know his secret (and his weaknesses!) as they join their uncle – a lifelong vampire chaser – to follow the trail across Europe and the U.S. in a desperate race to expose Lucard and his undead army of corporate vampires. The hunters become the prey as Lucard seeks to eliminate their threat to his eternal conquest.

Episodes:
1. Children of the Night
2. Double Cross
3. Get a Job
4. The Boffin

My Thoughts:
This is a show that used to air Saturday mornings... a kid friendly Dracula series. It is an above average series... I have seen better but it is a series that both Brittany and myself enjoy. The worst thing about it had to be the theme music to the series. Even Brittany couldn't stand it. And she loves most all music. See what I mean from the youtube clip below. For those of you that enjoy the Showtime series The L Word... there is a familiar face here... a young Mia Kirshner (Jenny Schecter on The L Word).

Show Intro:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfPE7pYnwgE
Pete