Author Topic: Addicted2dvd's Random TV Series Watched  (Read 255480 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Re: addicted2dvd: What I Been Watching...
« Reply #375 on: March 08, 2009, 07:28:37 PM »

The Fugitive: Season 1 Vol. 1 (Disc 1)
This hugely popular, original hit TV series that inspired two Hollywood blockbusters, THE FUGITIVE stars David Janssen as Dr. Richard Kimble, a physician unjustly accused of murdering his wife. When his train crashes en route to Death Row. Kimble breaks free from the custody of Lt. Gerard–and runs for his life. Fleeing from town to town, switching identities and toiling at countless jobs fuels Kimble's obsession to catch the real killer–a one-armed man he saw leaving the scene of the crime. His obsession is matched only by Gerard's–who blame himself for Kimble's escape and who will stop at nothing to get him back.

Episodes
1. Fear in a Desert City
2. The Witch
3. The Other Side of the Mountain

My Thoughts:
This is my first taste of the series. It started off a little on the slow side for me.... but it wasn't long (within the first episode) I found myself hooked on this classic series. The last two episodes on the disc I completely enjoyed from beginning to end. In the last episode on this disc there was a very attractive woman that reminded me of a young Elizabeth Montgomery. It wasn't her... but she did look some like her. When I looked to see who she was... she was a woman named Sandy Dennis. When I checked to see if I have anything else with her in it... expecting maybe an episode of Twilight Zone or something... I was surprised to see a horror movie come up... 25 years after The Fugitive... she played the aunt in 976-EVIL. But as I was saying... it looks like I have another series I am hooked on.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 09, 2009, 01:38:36 AM »

Smallville: Season 7 (Disc 1)
There are two CLARK KENTs. One is the young man whose life in a tiny Kansas town sets him on destiny's path. The other is a BIZARRO show shares Clark's DNA but not his values. Only one of them can survive.

SUPERMAN mythology grows deeper and more powerful in an event-packed season that includes the arrival of Clark's cousin KARA/SUPERGIRL. Keep a low profile and master your powers, Clark says. Kara has other ideas. Plus: LANA LANG might prefer Bizarro to the real deal. LOIS LANE makes a career leap. CHLOE SULLIVAN finds that balancing a meteor power with a personal life isn't easy. And LEX LUTHOR's power-lust has a new fixation – Kara. New characters and complications. New secrets and lore. New thrills and special effects. Power up to Season 7!

Episodes:
1. Bizarro
2. Kara
3. Fierce
4. Cure

My Thoughts:
This is a right strong start to the season. I enjoyed all the episodes. Though I did enjoy the episodes: Kara where we get to know a bit about Kara/Supergirl.... and the episode: Cure where Dean Cain (Superman on Lois & Clark) guest stars as a doctor curing meteor freaks.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 10, 2009, 07:15:06 PM »

Smallville: Season 7 (Disc 2)
There are two CLARK KENTs. One is the young man whose life in a tiny Kansas town sets him on destiny's path. The other is a BIZARRO show shares Clark's DNA but not his values. Only one of them can survive.

SUPERMAN mythology grows deeper and more powerful in an event-packed season that includes the arrival of Clark's cousin KARA/SUPERGIRL. Keep a low profile and master your powers, Clark says. Kara has other ideas. Plus: LANA LANG might prefer Bizarro to the real deal. LOIS LANE makes a career leap. CHLOE SULLIVAN finds that balancing a meteor power with a personal life isn't easy. And LEX LUTHOR's power-lust has a new fixation – Kara. New characters and complications. New secrets and lore. New thrills and special effects. Power up to Season 7!

Episodes:
5. Action
6. Lara
7. Wrath
8. Blue

My Thoughts:
Just finished the second disc in the set. It is still a strong season... even if I do think the series itself should have ended a couple of seasons prior to this. But that is a whole other topic as I do still enjoy the series quite a bit. On this disc I especially enjoyed the episodes Lara where we get to meet Clark's biological mother... and Wrath where some of Clark's powers gets transferred to Lana.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 10, 2009, 10:48:13 PM »

The Cosby Show: Season 1 (Eps. 13-16)
The Cosby Show appeared on NBC from 1984 to 1992, becoming one of the most popular programs in the history of television. The series depicted a close-knit and prosperous African American family (The Huxtables) that dwelled in New York City. Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable, OB-GYN (Bill Cosby), and his attorney wife Clair (Phylicia Rashad), a happily married, dual-profession couple, had aspirations of raising their five children in an uplifting, positive environment. The Huxtables were truly a groundbreaking family for television.

The Cosby Show was an instant smash hit, holding TV's #1 slot for a record five consecutive years (1985 to 1990), and it remained in the Top 20 shows of all eight seasons it was on NBC. The Cosby Show's popularity was so intense that it has carried over into the 21st century, and in 2005 The Cosby Show is as relevant as it has ever been. The Huxtable's are adored around the world.

13. Rudy's Sick
14. Independence Day
15. Physician of the Year
16. Jitterbug Break

My Thoughts:
I always enjoyed this sitcom. Most all the episodes are well above average... though I do have to admit... Jitterbug Break wasn't really one of my favorites. Even though it does have some good laughs... all that music and dancing puts me off a bit.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 11, 2009, 01:20:40 AM »

Charmed: Season 1 (Disc 3)
The discovery that they are descendants of a long line of witches finds three sisters battling demons and warlocks - and occasionally each other.

When the beautiful Halliwell sisters inherit a house from their grandmother and discover a secret "Book Of Shadows," they learn that they each have a unique power. The strong-willed Prue (Shannen Doherty) can move objects, reserved Piper (Holly Marie Combs) is able to freeze time, and the uninhibited Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) sees the future. Individually, each is strong, but it is only by putting aside their differences and banding together as the "Power of Three" that they will be able to protect the innocent and vanquish evil. Each exciting episode in this richly layered series is a supernatural adventure brewing with suspense and humor.

Episodes:
9. The Witch is Back
10. Wicca Envy
11. Feats of Clay
12. Windigo

My Thoughts:
This puts me half way through the first season. This disc has one of my favorite episodes on it. That being Windigo... which is where Piper is infected by a werewolf type creature called a Windigo. Of course this would be one of my favorite episodes... after all it is one that centers around Piper... which is my favorite character.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 12, 2009, 01:06:53 AM »

Friday the 13th: The Series: Season 2 (Disc 1)
Now there are even more reasons to watch out for Friday the 13th - The Series as all 26 Season Two episodes of the sinister suspense show come to DVD in a collectable 6-disc set! Aware that their uncle's diabolical pact with the devil is the reason for the cursed objects in his shop, two distant cousins continue in a race against time to track down the deadly items purchased from the store before they wreck havok on innocent souls. It's a twisted trip into psychological terror that will leave you chilled to the core!

Episodes:
1. Doorway to Hell
2. The Voodoo Mambo
3. And Now the News
4. Tails I Live, Heads You Die

My Thoughts:
Well... finally into the season 2 episodes. I have to say... of all the episodes I have watched on DVD so far (including Season 1)... The Voodoo Mambo has to be my least favorite episode so far. But I really did enjoy And Now the News on this disc. I was reading online where Ryan is no longer on the show in season 3... and he is replaced with a new character. I do not remember this from when it originally aired. I don't think I ever seen the 3rd (final) season. So now I am really hoping we will see season 3 out before too long.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 14, 2009, 09:31:22 PM »

Charmed: Season 1 (Disc 4)
The discovery that they are descendants of a long line of witches finds three sisters battling demons and warlocks - and occasionally each other.

When the beautiful Halliwell sisters inherit a house from their grandmother and discover a secret "Book Of Shadows," they learn that they each have a unique power. The strong-willed Prue (Shannen Doherty) can move objects, reserved Piper (Holly Marie Combs) is able to freeze time, and the uninhibited Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) sees the future. Individually, each is strong, but it is only by putting aside their differences and banding together as the "Power of Three" that they will be able to protect the innocent and vanquish evil. Each exciting episode in this richly layered series is a supernatural adventure brewing with suspense and humor.

Episodes:
13. From Fear to Eternity
14. Secrets and Guys
15. Is There a Woogy in the House?
16. Which Prue is it Anyway?

My Thoughts:
Four more episodes of the first season of Charmed. This disc has one of my favorite episodes on it. From Fear to Eternity... This is the first appearance of the Demon of Fear played by Billy Drago. This character intermittently returns through-out the entire series run. Then there is the other side of it... one of my least favorite episodes... Is There a Woogy in the House?... for some reason I never liked the "Phoebe is Evil" stories.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 15, 2009, 05:02:25 PM »

Star Trek: The Next Generation: Season 1 (Disc 1)
Set in the 24th century and decades after the adventures of the original crew of the starship Enterprise, this new series is the long-awaited successor to the original "Star Trek" (1966). Under the command of Captain Jean-Luc Picard, the all new Enterprise NCC 1701-D travels out to distant planets to seek out new life and to boldly go where no one has gone before.

Episodes:
1. Encounter at Farpoint
2. The Naked Now
3. Code of Honor

My Thoughts:
Even though I am a fan of the series... I unfortunately only have the first two seasons.... due strictly to the price of the series. As much as I enjoyed the Original Series I prefer this one. I guess that is mainly because of all the advancements done between the series. I never got to see this series (or any of the Star Trek series) when it originally aired. My favorite episode on this first disc is The Naked Now. My favorite character on this series was always Lt. Tasha Yar... played by Denise Crosby. Unfortunately she is not in much of the series... only the first season and I believe part of season 2. I would like to eventually continue my collection of this series (as well the original series and check out the other series in the franchise)... but afraid at the prices they are that may never happen.
Pete

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #383 on: March 15, 2009, 05:29:07 PM »
Denise Crosby left the show because she felt that her character wasn't developing anywhere. Worf (Michael Dorn) took her place as chief of security and developed into a very interesting character and the one who has the highest episode count of all characters on Star Trek (seven years of TNG + four years of DS9 + four movies).

Thus I am not particulary sorry about Denise's leaving.

She will return as the romulan Commander Sela in later seasons.

The episode The Naked Now is a re-use of the storyline of TOS's The Naked Time. This has happened a number of times during the first season of TNG.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 15, 2009, 05:37:45 PM »
Thanks for the info Karsten... I never seen any of the DS9 or Voyager episodes. Though I hope to eventually the prices make me doubt it.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 16, 2009, 12:33:19 AM »

Charmed: Season 1 (Disc 5-6)

Episodes:
17. That '70s Episode
18. When a Bad Warlock Turns Good
19. Out of Sight
20. The Power of Two
21. Love Hurts
22. Deja Vu All Over Again

My Thoughts:
This completes the first season of the series. There is a couple of episodes I really enjoyed on these discs. Especially That '70s Episode where we meet the sisters' mother for the first time.... and Out of Sight where Prue uses her magic through her hands for the first time. No more squinting at everything.
Pete

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 17, 2009, 02:52:54 PM »

The X-Files: Season 1 (Disc 1)
Now you can own the entire first season of THE X-FILES. All 24 classic episodes from the first season of this award-winning show are available for the first time in this exclusive collector's edition. Don't miss the opportunity to see how the phenomenon all began back on September 10, 1993.

This 7-disc set includes deleted footage, special effects shots, some of your favorite scenes dubbed in languages from around the world, and episode listings for the show's entire seven seasons.

EPISODES:
1. Pilot
2. Deep Throat
3. Squeeze
4. Conduit

My Thoughts:
This is a series that I caught late (first started watching around season 4)... but I was immediately hooked on once I started to watch it. Well up till about season 8 or 9 at that time. I caught up on the early seasons on DVD when they were released. This disc contains the first four episodes... all of which were real good... but Squeeze really stood out for me. But I have always enjoyed the stand alone episodes more then the arc stories involving the aliens and such.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 17, 2009, 06:46:36 PM »
I have always enjoyed the stand alone episodes more then the arc stories involving the aliens and such.
Perfectly normal, you're are an horror fan and most of these episode are the "monster of the week" type. One day I will have to rewatch the serie too, but 9 seasons is a long watch since I am unable to jump from one serie to another like you.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 17, 2009, 06:51:30 PM »
 :laugh: Yeah... I actually thought about an X-Files Marathon for a split second. But I just couldn't handle a 9 season long marathon of an hour long TV Series right now. For some reason I just can't seem to get motivated for the TV Show marathons like I used to. But who knows... that could always change again if the right mood hits me.

But yeah... always liked the "Monster of the Week" type episodes better then the arcs for this show.
Pete

Najemikon

« Reply #389 on: March 17, 2009, 07:32:22 PM »
Yes, I think the Monster of the Week episodes were far better too. Especially when it became apparent that they actually hadn't got a bloody clue what the arc was about from season five at least!