Author Topic: I slipped  (Read 2189 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
I slipped
« on: April 10, 2010, 05:42:43 PM »
This morning while in Walmart... I was doing some grocery shopping when I got to the isle with the flour. Apparently there is was thin layer of flour on the isle floor that I didn't see. Well that was enough for me to slip. And not just a slip... both feet went from under me... in different directions... causing me to do a split. And like I said when I was a teen in  gym class.... Men are not meant to do splits... there is a few things that gets in the way!

Well needless to say that hurt. It took me a good minute but I was able to get up and I seemed to be able to walk it off.... feeling better by the time I was done shopping. So I just thought forget it... I am fine.

Well I just laid down for a little while to watch a show I recorded last night... when I tried to get up I tightened up and could barely move. Everyone over here said I made a mistake by not telling someone over at Walmart about my fall.

What do you all think? Should I have said something to someone there?
Pete

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I slipped
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 06:43:21 PM »
You still can contact Walmart, I'm pretty sure they have your fall on security camera. It would behoove you to do it and also have yourself checked out by a physician.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 06:50:11 PM »
hey... I wonder if I could get a hold of the clip... put it on youtube or something... sure it would get some laughs!  :tease:

I think it is just a small pull. I will see how I feel in the morning.
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 06:52:05 PM »
...I know where I work, if someone falls does not report it and leaves the shop there is nothing we can do about it.

You should have said something Pete... But I don't this its worth it now..I doubt they will do anything.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 07:00:24 PM »
I not looking for anything anyway. I am just having everyone over here telling me I should have said something.
Pete

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 07:46:46 PM »
Sorry to hear about your accident Pete. Although it's too late now for remedial action at the Walmart I would make sure that you report it to them so that they are made aware. If you are still feeing pain make sure you get looked over by a doctor.

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 08:34:10 PM »
I'm sorry to hear about your spill. I'm glad you reported the incident - it might have been much more serious, especially for the elderly. I would write a letter to the company...maybe you'll get a free DVD or two!

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2010, 12:12:11 AM »
I was thinking about emailing the main office. My brother was there with me... and I just found out that there was an employee there that actually seen me go down... but completely ignored the fall when they seen me get up and walk away.
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 01:41:29 AM »
Hopefully it won't happen, but don't be surprised if you feel much worse in the next couple of days. I would send a formal, old fashioned letter by regular mail. This type of communication usually gets a better response.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 02:12:35 AM »
Thanks Kathy ... will do that.
Pete

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 02:39:40 AM »
An employee ignored the fall?  They aren't supposed to do that.  They have to document that stuff and fill out papers to protect themselves in case someone is seriously hurt.  I tripped once going in the garden area. Scrapped my hand a bit.  My mom and step dad were with me.  I can't remember now if an employee saw me fall or if one of them got someone, but they had to fill out an accident report thing.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2010, 03:02:44 AM »
Apparently so... I didn't see the person... but my brother said he saw her looking at me when I slipped and watched me slowly pull myself up  and walk off.
Pete

northbloke

« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2010, 03:29:52 AM »
it might have been much more serious, especially for the elderly.

Kathy, are you suggesting that Pete is elderly?  :devil:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2010, 03:32:38 AM »
 :laugh: You would think so  hearing my daughter tell it!  :P

I will be 41 the end of next month.  :bag:
Pete

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2010, 05:10:00 AM »
it might have been much more serious, especially for the elderly.

Kathy, are you suggesting that Pete is elderly?  :devil:

:hysterical:

It does sound like I meant it that way, doesn't it?!?