Author Topic: The best small animation on youtube?  (Read 1208 times)

richierich

The best small animation on youtube?
« on: January 29, 2010, 12:29:32 PM »
I thought this was so funny and brilliantly done - what say you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=jEjUAnPc2VA

Critter

Re: The best small animation on youtube?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 12:39:50 PM »
Very good animation and a funny little storyline there  :thumbup:.
As far as short animated films on youtube go though this one will always be my favourite:

snowcat

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 08:25:27 PM »
Here's a few very short things I always show people :p

This is quite old now... still kinda disturbing.

This is very sweet :)

...And this scares me!

lovemunkey187

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 04:46:51 AM »

Najemikon

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 02:24:26 AM »
Here's one for Critter in particular! I just saw a clip on the Toy Story 2 blu-ray about the 3d zoetrope Pixar created. John Lasseter saw one at the Ghibli museum and thought it was the best demonstration of animation you could see. So he had Pixar make one too...

I tried to find a decent clip of the Ghibli one, but nothing. Worth looking up on the DVD though, for a better glimpse of both.

Critter

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 03:08:38 AM »
Jon! I never knew PIXAR made one of these, that's awesome. I have seen a 3D zoetrope before in person, it was at an exhibition of 'screen worlds' at gallery my friend and I went to earlier this year. We walked into the dark room and nothing was happening, we didn't know what it was and then suddenly this thing in front of us started moving, it gave me a heart attack at first but then I was mesmorised by it.

Here's the one I saw in Melbourne. They really are amazing things to see, and it was just me and my friend there. Although I must say after a while the strobe lighting got to me, it hurt my eyes but at the same time I couldnt tear them away.

Anyway thanks for posting the PIXAR one, like I said I never knew they did one. Do you know where it is stationed?

Najemikon

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 01:26:52 PM »
They do look incredible! I like the Ghibli one as well. Worth hunting a better clip (or get the latest Toy Story 2 DVD; it should be on there). :D

I seem to remember at the end of the clip on the blu-ray, they mentioned it was at DisneyLand 2 and possibly DisneyLand Paris. I just Googled it and apparently they've exhibited it as well at a couple of places, though I think they were temporary. While reading that, I found a video clip that loops it, so it's better quality, though not so clear how they made it as in the first one...

http://www.navone.org/Media/Movies/ZoetropeLoop3.mov

Critter

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 03:35:41 PM »
Hmm that link didn't seem to work for me, I did look up some videos of the Ghibli one on youtube though, very cool although I see what you mean about the qaulity being somewhat lacking.

Ah damn, it's a shame that Toy Story one is all the way over there in Disneyland. Ah well, at least I have that one in Melbourne that I saw... which I can see anytime also for free. Those Zoetropes really are a sight to behold. I'm thinking of taking my sister to see it next time I am up there.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2010, 06:41:56 AM »
I saw the Pixar one for real in the exhibition when it showed in Kaoshiung (south of Taiwan, somehow missed it while it was still in the north :bag:). It looks awesome and we stared at the think for several rounds.