Author Topic: We got robbed!!  (Read 2393 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: We got robbed!!
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2010, 05:21:07 AM »
That's horrible that happened...but at least they didn't get as much as you thought originally.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2010, 06:48:10 AM »
I am very glad to hear that among the troubles your family has (reparing whatever damage was done, feeling "violated") that at least only minor stuff was taken.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2010, 09:33:08 AM »
Sounds like you got off pretty lucky... I am happy about that. Still have to hate the idea of someone forcing their way into your home like that. I hope you are able to do something with that window so it isn't as easily opened again.
Pete

snowcat

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 10:37:03 AM »
Im glad to hear that! as horrible as it is getting broken in to... its good to hear they didn't take your family's cherished things.

RossRoy

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 12:37:36 PM »
Sounds like you got off pretty lucky... I am happy about that. Still have to hate the idea of someone forcing their way into your home like that. I hope you are able to do something with that window so it isn't as easily opened again.

well, we had been thinking about installing bars on those basement windows (I do like to leave mine open at this time of the actually... and no, it wasn't open yesterday, and anyway, it's not my window they forced open).. guess we'll actually do it this year!

I also saw the footprint this morning outdoor next to the window. Pfffft they must kids trying to get a high. They must've worn size 6 or something.. what is our youth coming to? ...  ::)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 12:39:18 PM by RossRoy »

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2010, 01:55:23 PM »
I am glad things are not as bad as you once thought. But, the idea of someone going through one's stuff is just sickening. Home should be a sanctuary and for some punks to violate that is...well there just isn't enough words.

I live is the city and we have our fair share of problems. A lot of my elderly neighbors have died or moved in with their suburban dwelling families. So several of the houses have been bought by people I call "slum lords". They don't care who they rent to or how their properties are maintained - all they want is their rent money. A couple of houses on the street have had their garages broken into. I've been okay but I have always had metal bars on my garage windows. My house?...come on in...I have dogs!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2010, 02:04:39 PM »
I also saw the footprint this morning outdoor next to the window. Pfffft they must kids trying to get a high. They must've worn size 6 or something.. what is our youth coming to? ...  ::)
They are not necessary kids Sebastien, my feet size is seven and a half and I sure ain't a kid anymore. But yeah it looks like a teenagers thing, your lucky they haven't trash the house just for the fun of it.

BTW glad that it isn't as bad as you were thinking, in those occasions I'm happy to live in a small place.

RossRoy

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2010, 03:10:50 PM »
BTW glad that it isn't as bad as you were thinking, in those occasions I'm happy to live in a small place.

Thing is, I do live in a relatively small place. Can't call La Prairie all that big. Sure, there's only a river separating us from Montreal, but still, it's quite a quiet neighbourhood.

Well.. it has been quiet for the last 15 or so years. Looks like things are a changin' now.

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2010, 04:30:42 PM »
Sorry to here about that. Where a superhero when you need one?

All joking aside, it could be worse. You could have been there, and who knows how far the robbers would have gone.

lyonsden5

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2010, 03:07:15 AM »
Sorry Sébastien. I've been there myself and it's not fun.

:voodoo: