Author Topic: So annoyed at Amazon  (Read 1215 times)

karmesinrot

So annoyed at Amazon
« on: March 31, 2010, 11:00:52 AM »
 :redcard: Okay So I ordered my items on Friday and Saturday using Super Saver like I normally do, expecting them to be here around Tuesday. Instead of sending them out using Royal Mail like usual, Amazon have sent them to me using HDNL and provided a tracking number. Using that tracking number, I can see that my items were "Out for Delivery" both yesterday and this morning, then "Returned to depot" less than an hour later in both cases without a reason given.
Looking at the Amazon UK forums it seems a lot of people have been having problems with their delivery lately  :( I just hope my overpriced Twilight box gets to me in one piece!

snowcat

Re: So annoyed at Amazon
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 11:10:14 AM »
Hmm, seem to do this to a few people... silly Amazon!

karmesinrot

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 11:18:23 AM »
This is only the first time it's happened to me..I ordered two things at the end of Feb which were delivered by Royal Mail. I can understand maybe why the Twilight box was sent via HDNL as it's quite a large package, but my other order is just two dvds  ???
Think I'm going to be ordering from elsewhere until it clears up a bit  

Edited to add: as of 10.15, it's back on the van for delivery so I'm keeping my fingers crossed lol
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 11:55:38 AM by karmesinrot »

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 02:59:09 PM »
This is only the first time it's happened to me..I ordered two things at the end of Feb which were delivered by Royal Mail. I can understand maybe why the Twilight box was sent via HDNL as it's quite a large package, but my other order is just two dvds  ???

I've noticed that amazon have been combining deliveries quite a bit lately. I guess that they have some new software that helps them identify different orders going to the same address from the same distribution centre at roughly the same time and that they now combine them to reduce costs. As to HDNL being used yes I agree it appears to be a weight thing that determines whether Royal Mail or HDNL is used if you haven't paid for the faster delivery services.

Hope your parcel arrives OK today.

Dave

ETA missing they in second sentence
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 08:15:19 PM by dfmorgan »
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

karmesinrot

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 06:38:02 PM »

I've noticed that amazon have been combining deliveries quite a bit lately. I guess that have some new software that helps them identify different orders going to the same address from the same distribution centre at roughly the same time and that they now combine them to reduce costs. As to HDNL being used yes I agree it appears to be a weight thing that determines whether Royal Mail or HDNL is used if you haven't paid for the faster delivery services.

Hope your parcel arrives OK today.

Dave
Yaah I think it must have been due to weight, as they all arrived in the same box.  I didn't have quite as bad an experience as other people have had but I was definately worried there for a while.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 03:34:08 AM »
I haven't had any trouble getting my orders from Amazon..though one did take a day longer last week.

A few years ago, a DVD was missing for a while, but it finally showed up and I haven't had trouble since then.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2010, 06:21:17 AM »
I've noticed that amazon have been combining deliveries quite a bit lately. I guess that they have some new software that helps them identify different orders going to the same address from the same distribution centre at roughly the same time and that they now combine them to reduce costs. As to HDNL being used yes I agree it appears to be a weight thing that determines whether Royal Mail or HDNL is used if you haven't paid for the faster delivery services.
Strange though that they still don't have an option for me to select to ensure a single order will only be shipped whole, not partially :shrug:

Combined orders has not yet happened to me, will be on the lookout (I also think the saved packaging is good for the environment :thumbup:)

Critter

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2010, 06:34:51 AM »
I've only ever bought books from Amazon not DVD's but I've never had any problem with it. I'm not sure if Amazon sells region 4 DVD's though so if I get them I usually get them through a site called AtlanticDVD which works quite well, never had any troubles with it. I think Atlantic might be just an Australian site though.