Author Topic: The 1967 Spider-Man Animated Series  (Read 13712 times)

addicted2comics(:P)

Re: The 1967 Spider-Man Animated Series
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2010, 09:16:51 PM »

Episode 13: The Peril of Parafino

The Plot: An escaped prisoner hides out in Parafino's Wax Museum and Spider-Man must enter the Wax Museum and deal with Parafino.

My Thoughts: Yup, had to use a generic pic for this one.

The episode was pretty interesting, but the whole wax museum thing seemed to me like a big rip off of some episodes of Scooby-Doo. And what's the idea with two Parafinos?I get one was wax, but the other made a wax statue out of himself when his wax self was doing his bidding? I don't get it. Thumbs up otherwise.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 09:36:52 PM by addicted2comics(:P) »

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2010, 09:56:22 PM »

Episode 14: Horn of the Rhino

The Plot: When Peter Parker has a cold, he must try to stop the Rhino from stealing specific items for a device.

My Thoughts: The Rhino makes his appearance, and it is one of the funniest episodes of the bunch! Between Peter's cold, JJJ being sent to jail for snooping because he doesn't have an ace photographer, and the overall stupidity of the Rhino, I caught myself laughing out loud. Though one thing doesn't make sense.

My view of the criminal mind, if people are bringing together three parts of a mega weapon and you want to get it, why not wait until they put it together and steal it then, instead of racing to all three places and put it together? Just my take on it. ;)

But yeah, good episode to finish off the day.

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 07:32:34 PM »

Episode 15: The One-Eyed Idol

The Plot: J. Jonah Jameson receives an anonymous gift from an "unknown admirer". The gift it turns out is an unusual, hypnotic idol which entrances Jameson with a light beam, hypnotizing him enough to be open to the suggestion of putting money inside the idol's head at the request of this "admirer", one R. E. Cliventon. The money is then collected by Cliventon's Aborigine servant (who climbs up several stories and enters through the window in his bare feet and native gear!) only on this occasion Spider-Man catches them in the act.

My Thoughts: You guys know the deal with the generic pics.

This was actually really good, but one question comes to mind - - - if they were going to have a jungle dude, why not Kraven? After all, he is a favorite. That aside, it was interesting with the hypnotism and they way they tried to kill Spider-Man (down an levator shaft). Other than that, it was just nice to see JJJ apologize to Betty after calling her a theif. :laugh:

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 07:52:57 PM »

Episode 16: Fifth Avenue Phantom

The Plot: Knowing his thieving ways, Spider-Man lays a trap for the Fifth Avenue Phantom when he places a spider-tracer on a fur coat at Benet's department store. What he runs into instead is trouble in the form of the Phantom's female robot slaves, cunningly placed on display in department stores as shop-window mannequins.

My Thoughts: I gotta say I've been waiting to see this episode because I keep running into the pictures of the robots with every search and I wanted to see what it was about. Would you believe once I watched it, this was the only one I could find? ???

Anyways, it was a pretty fun episode, with all the loot disguised as toys. I enjoyed it. There's really not much else to say, though. It was average, but fun.

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 08:17:08 PM »

Episode 17: The Revenge of Dr. Magneto

The Plot: After being shunned yet again by the Science Hall of Fame, potential nominee Dr. Magneto decides to use his knowledge and mastery of magnetism against the world but finds Spider-Man stands in the way.

My Thoughts: Wow, where do I start? Well, first don't get me started on the name. It looks just like the X-Men's Magneto. I think that was a common joke in the 90s cuz I remember it from reading DeadPool one issue.

Back to the episode, it was all fine and good except for one thing - - the outfit. The guy's supposed to be a doctor, you'd think he'd think up a better look when going supervillain. It's just a business suit with a cape!! :hysterical: At any rate, the whole webs vs. magnetism plot was fun to watch. :)

« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 08:34:06 PM »

Episode 18: The Sinister Prime Minister

The Plot: When Peter Parker and the rest of the press are denied access to the visiting Prime Minister of Rutania, Parker decides to sneak into the embassy as Spider-Man. There he stumbles across an evil imposter who's assumed the Prime Minister's identity so he can steal the 20 million dollars of charity money promised to the country of Rutania for himself.

My Thoughts: Well the episode was pretty good. No one believes Spider-Man, so thats a nod to the true story of his life.The only problem I had was the imposter kept reminding me of the Penguin the way he kept using devices in his cane.  :laugh:

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 08:51:46 PM »

Episode 19: The Night of the Villains

The Plot: Historic villains Blackbeard the Pirate, Jesse James, and the Executioner of Paris are committing robberies in New York City, and Spidey tracks them to their lair- Parafino's Wax Museum, where Spidey's wax-master enemy is scheming to besiege and plunder the city with robotized wax villains.

My Thoughts: This was a really fun episode!! A pirate on a ship, and western showdown, and the return of Parafino in one episode!! Don't get me started when JJJ found Jesse James (deactivated, unknown to him) in his office)

"Pleeeeease!! Don't Shoot!!"

:hysterical:

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 09:08:40 PM »

Episode 20: Here Comes Trubble

The Plot: Miss Trubble, a book dealer obsessed with mythology, is owner of a magical chest from which she summons a succession of mythological figures, from centaurs to the Cyclops to Diana the Hunter-Goddess, to commit robberies of ancient artifacts on her behalf.

My Thoughts: Well, I just studied mythology not too too long ago, so I'm pretty familiar with most of the characters.It was an average episode, not really one of the best in the series, but it was imaginative, I'll give it that much. Diana the Hunter Goddess, a Centar, I guess I was just waiting for Mudusa. ;)

« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 09:29:43 PM »

Episode 21: Spider-Man meets Dr. Noah Body

The Plot: A scientist, Dr. Noah Boddy, renders himself invisible by means of a machine, then acts to avenge himself upon Jameson, who publically maligned his theory of invisibility.

My Thoughts: This is one of my favorites!!! I remember it from the first time I watched this series. It was like Spidey meets the Invisible Man! In fact, in essence, that's what it was!!! Big thumbs up! :thumbup:

« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 09:48:33 PM »

Episode 22: The Fantastic Fakir

The Plot: Spiderman battles an Arabian jewel thief, whose magical flute induces animals into attacking Spidey.

My Thoughts: The whole Indian theme for this episode is a good change of scenery, for lack of better words. It was amusing for scenes like Spidey looking down and finding hot rocks beneath his feet. Cool episode. :)

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2010, 10:08:14 PM »

Episode 23: The Return of the Flying Dutchman

The Plot: Reports of a legendary, flying ghost ship, the Flying Dutchman, being sighted near Smuggler's Cove summon Spidey to the area, where his investigation into the phantom ship's appearance leads him to a cave in which he finds his sworn adversary, Mysterio, plotting with a pair of thugs.

My Thoughts: Well, this episode reminds me more than ever of Scooby-Doo. I m,ean, Smugglers' Cove? The flying dutchman?

In any case, it was nice to see good ol' Mysterio again. Look through my reviews and see how many had famous Spidey villains! I especially looved JJJ passing out from the sight of the ship! :laugh: I couldn't have ended the episode any better myself. :thumbup:

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2010, 10:26:46 PM »

Episode 24: Farewell Performance

The Plot: When a Jekyll-and-Hyde poster comes to life at the soon-to-be-demolished Castle Theatre, Spidey visits the theatre and encounters a mischievous Blackwell the Magician, who is trying to attract public attention to the theatre in hope of preventing its demolition.

My Thoughts: Um...not much to say for this one. Fair. Kind of Scooby-Doo-ghost-hunting, but the whole "Help Us Save the Theater" angle was good. Really was fair at best.

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »

Episode 25: The Golden Rhino

The Plot: Spiderman's old enemy, the rampaging Rhino, is stealing gold bullion to mold an auric likeness of himself.

My Thoughts: Wow, I remember this one from when I first watched it. I don't remember the Rhino with a rhino-sized ego, but now we're getting to actual supervillains coming back in the Spider-Man show!! :laugh:  Rhino steals gold and Spidey takes the blame. You can't go wrong with a classic plot. :thumbup:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2010, 11:16:11 PM »
Brittany you are just like your father when you decide to watch something ;D
25 episodes in 3 days is quite impressive :thumbup:

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2010, 11:17:58 PM »

Episode 26: Blueprint for Crime

The Plot: A bald-headed mastermind named the Plotter employs two ridiculous criminals, Cowboy and Ox, to steal a blueprint to a missile.

My Thoughts: Average at best. This episode, to me, was kinda hard to follow, for a while I had no idea what the blueprints were for, and there weren't even any villains that were a threat. A strong man and a cowboy.  :suicide: Oh brother....

But there were a couple good parts as always. The "Cool Cats" that found Spidey were like totally blown away by his "pajamas" ::) LOL, ok, that made up for the down-parts of the show!! ;)