Author Topic: Non-Youtube find (pictures etc.) ;)  (Read 39869 times)

Critter

Re: Non-Youtube find (pictures etc.) ;)
« Reply #165 on: November 19, 2010, 02:50:28 PM »
I've only seen her in The Happening.

Haha wow, that is not a good way to be introduced to her. I saw The Happening at the cinema and to this day I still consider it one of the worst films I have ever seen. It was just stupid, wasn't even tense or scary at all. I was in a packed cinema and everyone laughed the whole way through, especially at the so called "scary" moments. The direction was just awful. I actually only saw it becuase Zooey was in it, but even that wasn't enough to make me ever want to sit through that again.

If you want to see her in something good I suggest Winter Passing, (500) Days of Summer or The Go Getter.

And yeah, she is Katy Perrys doppleganger. I prefer Deschanel but I think Perry can be stunning at times. Especially in her latest music video.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #166 on: November 19, 2010, 06:22:44 PM »
Zooey is also the little sister of Emily Deschannel a.k.a. Temperance "Bones" Brennan

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #167 on: November 19, 2010, 11:02:08 PM »
Now that is a nice photo.

Deschannel, is that German?

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #168 on: November 19, 2010, 11:07:47 PM »
Now that is a nice photo.

Deschannel, is that German?

Even though the "sch" in the name hints at a German origin, the name actually seems to be from south-eastern French origin (Wiki).

Dr. Hasslein

« Reply #169 on: November 19, 2010, 11:11:54 PM »
I've only seen her in The Happening.

Haha wow, that is not a good way to be introduced to her. I saw The Happening at the cinema and to this day I still consider it one of the worst films I have ever seen. It was just stupid, wasn't even tense or scary at all. I was in a packed cinema and everyone laughed the whole way through, especially at the so called "scary" moments. The direction was just awful. I actually only saw it becuase Zooey was in it, but even that wasn't enough to make me ever want to sit through that again.

If you want to see her in something good I suggest Winter Passing, (500) Days of Summer or The Go Getter.

And yeah, she is Katy Perrys doppleganger. I prefer Deschanel but I think Perry can be stunning at times. Especially in her latest music video.

The Happening wasn't that bad, a little silly maybe. Then again I'm one of those people who tends not to like what everyone else likes. For example, found Avatar to be very ordinary. It was hardly original and I didn't like any of the characters. And you pretty much know exactly whats going to happen after the first 20 minutes.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 19, 2010, 11:17:11 PM »
For example, found Avatar to be very ordinary. It was hardly original and I didn't like any of the characters. And you pretty much know exactly whats going to happen after the first 20 minutes.

Especially if you had seen Dances with Wolves

Critter

« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2010, 12:21:59 AM »
For example, found Avatar to be very ordinary. It was hardly original and I didn't like any of the characters. And you pretty much know exactly whats going to happen after the first 20 minutes.

Or FernGully: The Last Rainforest.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2010, 12:37:35 AM »

Or FernGully: The Last Rainforest.

Thanks Sophie, I couldn't remember the name of the other film it ripped off.

Critter

« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2010, 12:38:48 AM »
Pocahontas also comes close. But to me FernGully is the one that it seems most similar too. Even the setting etc.

W0m6at

« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2010, 01:01:40 AM »

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2010, 01:27:42 AM »
I've seen the trailer for Your Highness as well and it seems that David Gordon Green continues the downward spiral that started with Pineapple Express. This was once one of the really promising independent American filmmakers. Sad, really.

BTW, Zooey Deschanel also starred in Green's second film All the Real Girls. If you like her, do yourself a favor and check it out.
Matthias

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 22, 2010, 10:43:58 AM »
Matthias

Critter

« Reply #177 on: November 22, 2010, 12:59:02 PM »

Critter

« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2010, 11:42:39 PM »

Najemikon

« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2010, 12:55:51 AM »
 :hysterical:

This is especially funny to me because I especially dislike repeating words in paragraphs and pay special attention to making sure I don't repeat myself, especially in reviews.