Author Topic: I'm in a quandry!  (Read 4501 times)

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: I'm in a quandry!
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2010, 04:09:44 PM »
Ok, I'll get this out of the way now: it's only a movie!  :tease: Does it really warrant such inspection?

When critics who fear being ostracized for falling out of step with the mainstream, deem this pablum as an example of the highest form of art in its craft...YES!!!!!

I'll get this out of the way too: obviously if you've found that much to complain about, you just didn't understand it! :devil:

Trust me Jon, I understand it probably a little more than you. I'm not blinded by the Tarantino/Weinstein facade.  :tease:  ;)

Najemikon

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2010, 07:41:17 PM »
Ok, I'll get this out of the way now: it's only a movie!  :tease: Does it really warrant such inspection?

When critics who fear being ostracized for falling out of step with the mainstream, deem this pablum as an example of the highest form of art in its craft...YES!!!!!

I'll get this out of the way too: obviously if you've found that much to complain about, you just didn't understand it! :devil:

Trust me Jon, I understand it probably a little more than you. I'm not blinded by the Tarantino/Weinstein facade.  :tease:  ;)

And trust me, sir, neither am I! You're obviously quite old, so I give you some leeway there. :whistle:

This sort of argument always fascinates me. If there is some sort of Weinstein facade or conspiracy, why were both Jackie Brown and Death Proof not greeted with universal acclaim like his other films? Ah, but that doesn't fit in with your knee-jerk three pages and counting does it? No, much easier to assume the fan-base is bought and paid for.

Suffice to say the "if you like Tarantino then you're a pillock" line will not be entertained by me...   :chainsaw:

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2010, 09:43:16 PM »
I apologize Jon, that was rather harsh of me.  :bag:

I woke up feeling ill today and should never have sat at the keyboard. My head's been in a funk all day.

As I've stated before, yours is one opinion I do respect. My humblest apologies.

Najemikon

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2010, 10:11:13 PM »
There's no need to apologise, Antares, but thank you.  :cheers: Have you finished this novelization yet then?  ;D

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2010, 10:22:40 PM »
There's no need to apologise, Antares, but thank you.  :cheers: Have you finished this novelization yet then?  ;D

No, I feel like utter crap today, and when I feel like this I get writer's block like cured cement.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2010, 02:20:30 AM »
After dinner, I felt better. The review is done...

http://www.dvdcollectorsonline.com/index.php/topic,5981.0.html