Author Topic: Roger Corman  (Read 24414 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Corman
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2010, 09:54:28 PM »

Some great news from Cliff MacMillan concerning this dvd in case you need a good reason to get it.

"Today, we filmed Traci's interview and did a commentary with her and Jim Wynorski, which is pretty hilarious. They had not seen each other in 20+ years."

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2010, 10:09:17 PM »
Some screenshots of the dvd in the collection release untill now. The capture are done with PowerDVD.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2010, 10:14:10 PM »
Thanks Jimmy, Those look quite impressive already. :o

In the reviews I have read so far the video quality usually gets a "good average" rating, meaning between 3 and 4 stars (out of 5). Given the source material that is quite impressive, I think.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 31, 2010, 10:34:11 PM »

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2010, 10:37:07 PM »
There is some substantial grain in some of these, but as we discussed before, that's not entirely a bad thing. The fourth picture shows that someserious clean up wortk had been done. :thumbup:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2010, 10:41:41 PM »
I don't have the precedent releases to do the comparaison, but I think you have them. Of course it's harder to take capture from Death Race 2000 since there are a lot of movements.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2010, 10:57:02 PM »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2010, 11:13:11 PM »

For this one there are a lot of better capture I would have prefer to post, but my image host isn't too permise :devil:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2010, 11:24:42 PM »
Thanks again Jimmy. :thumbsup: It looks like all the transfers are of comparable quality.

I actually just proceeded and ordered the two of the collection to get me started: Piranha and Humanoids From The Deep. I think Galaxy of Terror and Forbidden World would be next.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2010, 11:28:17 PM »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 31, 2010, 11:45:58 PM »

Just like FW I can't post the most interesting captures :whistle:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2010, 12:05:02 AM »

I'm sure that very few of you can recognized her, but the girl in the first picture is Gina Carerra in her first film.

This one doesn't look like that, but it was an agreable surprise. Strong recommandation (except for Pete)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2010, 12:27:44 AM »

The print for BattleTruck isn't the best available since the original print was rediscovered in New Zealand not too long ago. Remember the silent film cache discovery? This one was in the lot

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2010, 06:00:19 PM »
I actually just proceeded and ordered the two of the collection to get me started: Piranha and Humanoids From The Deep. I think Galaxy of Terror and Forbidden World would be next.
Here a review of Humanoids From The Deep to let you know what you are going to see. I think the first phrase of the review is enough of a sale pitch to me :whistle:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2010, 09:04:13 PM »
Oups deleted it by error because I'm stupid :bag:
------------------------------------------------
Since the titles acquired by Shout! Factory are more or less the New World Pictures library. I've just check on imdb what are the titles in the catalog and I can't believe the great materials in it. There are so many titles I want to see for so long... Of course, most of those titles aren't officially announced, but a crazy fan like me can dream :whistle:

The Big Doll House, Women in Cages, The Hot Box, The Big Bird Cage, Sweet Kill, The Young Nurses, The Arena, Caged Heat, Candy Stripe Nurses, Big Bad Mama (already comfirmed for december), Hollywood Boulevard, Jackson County Jail, Eat My Dust, The Great Texas Dynamite Chase, Grand Theft Auto (I'm sure this one is in the promo reel I posted a long time ago), The Lady in Red (already confirmed for december), ...

I know that many of them were released previously, but many titles in the collection actually are re-released with better materials, original screening format, better extra and official...

Good lord even just a special edition of The Arena would made a great 2011 years for me :drooling: