Author Topic: Roger Corman  (Read 24264 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Corman
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2010, 07:17:06 AM »
It's because you aren't German... He's a big star there. At least this is what I've always heard :whistle:
I doubt he still is, but he sure as hell was many years ago! (Baywatch times and a while after that). The German's even made him a pop star! :bag:

RossRoy

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2010, 05:48:14 AM »
If I'm not mistaken - this covers everything that will be out in this collection up to, and including, this month, right?

Galaxy of Terror
Forbidden World
Piranha
Humanoids from the Deep
Rock 'n' Roll High School
Suburbia
Death Race 2000
Deathsport / Battle Truck

If so, they are all ordered at the moment :thumbup:

You can contact Shout! Factory for your commission Jimmy  :P
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 05:50:54 AM by RossRoy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2010, 06:33:23 AM »
Yes this is everything released untill the end of august. So Sebastien you will do like me and get the entire collection? At least you don't have to wait like me to watch the first four in your list :(

BTW the one who got the commission is Karsten not me :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2010, 07:57:41 AM »
So Sebastien you will do like me and get the entire collection?

Yep. That's the plan. Hence why I had asked you if there was any remote chances of a boxed set at a later date.

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2010, 10:48:38 AM »
Does anyone know what happend to Up from the Depth/Demon of Paradise:

that was supposed to be released concurrently with Humanoids and Piranha according to dvddrive-in.com  :hmmmm:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2010, 06:32:05 PM »
To quote Cliff MacMillan :

"For DEMON, well, there is only so many things you can put out in a month or year. My guess is that it will be Jan or Feb."

So don't worry it's just a little delay ;D

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2010, 07:19:38 PM »
To quote Cliff MacMillan :

"For DEMON, well, there is only so many things you can put out in a month or year. My guess is that it will be Jan or Feb."

So don't worry it's just a little delay ;D
:thanks:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2010, 07:24:34 AM »
Review by Adam Jahnke (TheDigitalBits) for Galaxy of Terror.

Shout! seems to be doing marvelous jobs with these discs. The even go the extra mile.
"The disc even comes with reversible artwork, so if you originally saw the movie under the title Mindwarp: An Infinity of Terror, you can simply flip the sleeve and keep your memories intact."
:thumbup:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2010, 03:02:48 PM »
Death Race 2000 and Forbidden World have also a reversible cover. I Don't have the disc yet but I think Humanoids from the Deep and Piranha had one...

Mustrum_Ridcully

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2010, 05:03:19 PM »
It's because you aren't German... He's a big star there. At least this is what I've always heard :whistle:
Sorry to read that you seem to have lost your hearing about 30 years ago  :)
Hasselhoff was a big star here when Knight Rider and Baywatch were aired, and even then his fans were restricted to the age group of females under 13.
A desperate comeback attempt as a singer (I've been looking for freedom) sadly wasn't a complete and utter failure, but luckily only resulted in a one-hit-wonder.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 05:05:15 PM by Silence_of_Lambs »

kahless

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
Sorry to read that you seem to have lost your hearing about 30 years ago  :)
Hasselhoff was a big star here when Knight Rider and Baywatch were aired, and even then his fans were restricted to the age group of females under 13.
A desperate comeback attempt as a singer (I've been looking for freedom) sadly wasn't a complete and utter failure, but luckily only resulted in a one-hit-wonder.

Be careful when opening spoiler - content could be offensive  :devil:

(click to show/hide)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2010, 06:28:30 PM »
I Don't have the disc yet but I think Humanoids from the Deep and Piranha had one...
Yes it had one ;D

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2010, 07:08:56 PM »

I was 10 when "Looking For Freedom" was a hit and it was my favorite song at the time  :bag:

kahless

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2010, 08:37:23 PM »

I was 10 when "Looking For Freedom" was a hit and it was my favorite song at the time  :bag:

Ok - considering your age at this time you are excused!  :laugh:

Najemikon

« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2010, 12:08:53 PM »
You German's need to start stressing this point! The perception is that when Hasselhoff was so... unfamous he couldn't even get arrested, he found genuine and substantial support in Germany.

I have to say, yours is a lesser country by association. Since I heard that about Hasselhoff, every time I thought,"I wonder what happened to...", say, Timmy Mallet, I assumed they must be in Germany being mega-stars!  :tease: :devil: