Author Topic: Roger Corman  (Read 24268 times)

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Corman
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 11:26:50 PM »
I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply that you had anything to do with the naming of the set. I was just explaining why I thought it was wrong.

samuelrichardscott

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2010, 07:52:40 AM »
From tvshowsondvd:
Action, sci-fi and horror fantasy in full-throttle! If your idea of fun is watching outrageous cult films, loyal fans of Roger Corman and Comic-Con will not want to miss the highly anticipated Comic-Con panel Shout! Factory Presents Roger Corman: B-Movie King on Friday, July 23 at 5:30 PM (Room 25ABC). Recipient of an honorary Academy Award for his contribution to the cinematic arts and film industry, world renowned filmmaker/producer Roger Corman headlines this panel - joined by award-winning veteran producer Julie Corman, filmmakers Joe Dante and Allan Holzman, and actors Sig Haig and Mary Woronov - to share insights on Corman's incredible filmmaking career. Notable Corman alumni in attendance to reflect on their involvement throughout during his New World Pictures-era during the 70's and 80s, at a time when grindhouse theaters and drive-ins were the place to see over-the-top action, violence and suspense thrillers. Attendees will have the opportunity to sneak peek at upcoming lineup from Roger Corman's Cult Classics home entertainment series and to participate in the Q&A with panelists during this session. The panel is moderated by documentary filmmaker Alex Stapleton, director of the upcoming film King of the B's: The Independent Life of Roger Corman.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2010, 07:39:41 PM »
First review for Humanoids From The Deep

Alien Redrum

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2010, 11:46:10 PM »
Man, I'm just waiting for Piranha and August 3rd is not getting here soon enough.  :yellowcard:

Jimmy, you should check out Popatopolis if you like Jim Wynorski. It's a documentary where they follow around Wynorski for the weekend he filmed The Witches of Breastwick.

Popatopolis site.

Alien Redrum

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 09:44:08 PM »
Holy hell. Just came across this cool little gift when ordering Slumber Party Massacre Collection from Shout! Factory.

(It's a bloody pillowcase.)

Tempting.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2010, 07:05:12 PM »
Time for another update ;D

The next titles to be released are

Not Of This Earth

and
Terror Within / Dead Space

They will be released the november 2.

Also the original Not Of This Earth will be released in the beginning of 2011 in a triple features set with Attack of the Crab Monsters and War of the Satellites

Completly unrelated but it's also a great news
The november 9 Shout! Factory will released this Ralph Bakshi film

Who is of course Coonskin and the cover will be a reversible one since who care about the VHS PC title Street Fight

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2010, 09:28:33 PM »
You really need to stop posting these updates Jimmy...I'm trying to downsize. :voodoo:

:tease:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2010, 09:35:51 PM »
At least I do it only for the Corman collection. What would it be if I would also post the good titles coming from Code Red, VCI, Synapse, Shout! Factory or Severin :laugh:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 06:56:15 AM »
Terror Within / Dead Space[/url]
:hmmmm:

I am sure it's 100% unrelated, but I have played the video game Dead Space and look forward to Dead Space 2. Maybe I should give the sibling-by-name a spin.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2010, 07:09:49 AM »
No it isn't related but it's an Alien clone with Marc Singer from the "V" TV series and Bryan Cranston from Malcolm in the Middle. I will get this one more for The Terror Within than for Dead Space... As if I was not buying all of them anyway :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2010, 05:33:56 PM »
Find the full list of extra of the upcomming 2 disc special edition of Starcrash who will be released in september
-------------------------
Disc One:
· Interview with writer/director Luigi Cozzi
· StarCrash: the music of John Barry, a detailed analysis of the score by Mars of Deadhouse Music
· 2 feature-length commentaries by StarCrash historian Stephen Romano:
  Commentary 1: the history of StarCrash, the making of the film and its importance in 1970s fantastic cinema.
  Commentary 2: StarCrash scene-by-scene: production trivia, anecdotes and critical analysis.
· Behind-the-scenes image gallery, featuring storyboards, art, and rare, never-before-seen photos!
· Promotional art gallery, featuring photos, posters, lobby cards and early poster designs by Drew Struzan
· Fan art gallery, featuring an exclusive look at the all-new, sexy Stella Star art from fantasy illustrator Robin Greenville Evans
· Theatrical trailer with commentary by Eli Roth from Trailersfromhell.com and an all-new exclusive trailer commentary by filmmaker/editor Joe Dante!
· TV spots and radio Spots

DISC TWO
· Interview with actress Caroline Munro (60 min.)
· 17 Deleted and alternate scenes
· The complete, original StarCrash screenplay, illustrated with original storyboards and early, full-color concept art
· Exclusive 20-minute behind-the-scenes footage reel, with commentary
· The making of the special effects of StarCrash by Armando Valcauda with exclusive, never-before-seen special-effects footage
---------------------------------------
A 60 minutes interview with Caroline Munroe, just that is enough to justify the purchase ;D

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2010, 07:11:42 PM »
StarCrash... Horrible move. Caroline Munro. Horrible movie. Caroline Munro...
Oh, what the f***, let's see if it's up for preorder yet!  :-[

Edit: Sure was
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 07:13:58 PM by GSyren »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2010, 07:34:32 PM »
I own a very bad bootleg of this one released by Substance (aka Jeff Films) years ago, but the sound was so awfull that I can't say if I liked it or not. But like you say Caroline Munroe star in it that's enough for me

This is how awfull the bootleg looks like... Can't wait to throw it in the garbage

Don't forget Joe Spinell and David Hasselhoff are also in this film.

Offline GSyren

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2010, 11:13:09 PM »
Joe Spinell and David Hasselhoff, huh?
That's one plus and one minus, so they kinda cancel each other out...  ;D

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2010, 11:20:52 PM »
It's because you aren't German... He's a big star there. At least this is what I've always heard :whistle: