Author Topic: Roger Corman  (Read 24892 times)

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Corman
« Reply #135 on: February 08, 2011, 05:23:36 AM »
Achim, I asked Cliff about the Blu-Ray possibillity for it. I let you know when I'll got the answer.
:bow:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2011, 05:37:04 AM »
More movies I may have to check on later.

I did see that one of Corman's movies was on sale..one I wanted.  I didn't order it when I saw it on sale..went back like a day later - after paying bills - and the price was back up.  I hate when that happens.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2011, 06:30:55 AM »
I always get them release day, I don't see myself waiting for a sale to watch them since they are the only releases who are top watching priority when they arrive and don't go in the "to watch sooner or later" pile.

I pre-order them all just to be sure to have them in my hands ;D

Because I'm curious : What was the movie Marie?

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2011, 06:38:58 PM »
Starcrash.

Amazon had the Blu-ray for ....thinking it was about $12.00 or so.  Maybe $10.  Then I went back the next day and it was back up to $24.  So I'm still waiting.

I haven't had as much money to spend on movies lately either...but the paycheck I'll get on Friday should be very nice...so.  I'll probably be doing some shopping. :)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2011, 07:22:06 PM »
Diabolik DVD have it for 21.99$ (no problem to recommand them, I often do bussiness with them and Jesse is always fast to answer any question), but you don't get free shipping like amazon. At Amazon Canada the price is 18.87$ but I suppose the shipping isn't that great as it is the case when I order from the US amazon. Directly from Shout Factory the price is 20.99$

Of course marketplace is always there, but personally I don't like to use it to buy recent second hand stuff from small label. What can I say? I prefer to give my money to them so we will get more releases if they do a small profit.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 06:23:38 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2011, 06:02:36 AM »
Achim, I asked Cliff about the Blu-Ray possibillity for it. I let you know when I'll got the answer.
:bow:
I got the answer today and you will be happy to know that it will be also on Blu-Ray.

Not that it changes anything for me, even if I have a player, because I will get the dvd anyway (a BR won't fit with all the others titles released at this date).

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2011, 08:27:41 AM »
I got the answer today and you will be happy to know that it will be also on Blu-Ray.
Great news, Jimmy, thank you. I already worried they had given up on making the Blu-rays at all.

Not that it changes anything for me, even if I have a player, because I will get the dvd anyway (a BR won't fit with all the others titles released at this date).
Same reason I will stick to the Blu-rays :laugh: Besides, that saves money for me, as they don't release all in hi-def, hence I have to spend less money for this. Yes, I may be missing out on a few good ones, but there are just too many overall and I have other stuff to buy/watch too...

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 19, 2011, 04:37:17 PM »
As I've post in the pre-order topic this one is now available to pre-order and will be release the may 24.

The Ron Howard Action Pack (Eat My Dust! / Grand Theft Auto)

Amazon canada / Amazon US

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 23, 2011, 01:07:45 AM »
review of Caged Heat / Jackson County Jail who will be release in march.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2011, 05:28:00 AM »
Just a message from Cliff I relay here since I know that some of you would like to see more Blu-Ray releases in this collection. I know Achim would like to ;)

So here the message :

"I want to do more but our sales and marketing department dont.... So I urge you all to write to info@shoutfactory.com and tell them you want to see more Blu-Ray releases. They've stopped listening to my begging."

Now you know what to do to get more Blu-Ray :whistle:

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2011, 08:00:44 AM »
Now you know what to do to get more Blu-Ray :whistle:
Thanks Jimmy. :thumbsup:

I'll drop them a mail... Although, it's a bit weird, like begging to be allowed to give them more money :laugh:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 26, 2011, 04:58:56 PM »
We all do this no? I know that I've wrote many times Dark Sky Films for a release of Bonnie's Kids and I did it too to get a special edition of The Violation of Claudia/Hot Honey from Video-X-Pix. Of course it's easier with VXP since I'm friend with Steven Morowitz and I got my request that is not release yet since the Metzger's films will be release first (wich is perfectly fine with me) but everything is done (restoration and commentary tracks from Bill Lustig who is the director of those two).

It doesn't always work (as much as I tried with Michael Rasso and he is a good friend too, I'm unable to get a re-release of The Seduction of Inga who is OOP for quite a while), but asking for something we really want cost nothing... Untill the release of course :laugh:

RossRoy

« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2011, 05:20:07 PM »
We all do this no?

No. It would never even cross my mind to contact a company to ask them to carry this or that item, or to release this or that movie/tv/etc.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2011, 06:19:17 PM »
We all do this no?

No. It would never even cross my mind to contact a company to ask them to carry this or that item, or to release this or that movie/tv/etc.
Me neither. makes me wonder now if, let's say, African Queen had been released earlier if people had written to the studio :hmmmm: Jimmy has a good point...

RossRoy

« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2011, 07:05:43 PM »
Me neither. makes me wonder now if, let's say, African Queen had been released earlier if people had written to the studio :hmmmm: Jimmy has a good point...

Well, considering companies have every advantage in releasing stuff people want, it would make sense. But really, how much of an effect can it have, when Firefly won't be renewed?

(yes I know, campaigns have brought back Family Guy and Futurama ... and probably others, ... but really? what are the chances?)