Author Topic: Roger Corman  (Read 24319 times)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
Re: Roger Corman
« Reply #120 on: October 12, 2010, 06:52:06 AM »
Early this morning, I spotted a Roger Corman movie on one of the HBO channels I get...umm...Frankenstein Unbound maybe.  Whatever it was, I set my DVR to record it.  So once things are calm for me again, I'll watch it.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 12, 2010, 03:40:57 PM »
I know that some of you were interested about this one (at least Antares was). Not a lot of details yet, but for the January 18.

Roger Corman Sci-Fi Classics wich will include Attack of the Crab Monsters, Not of This Earth and War of the Satellites.

The dvd is already available for pre-order at amazon canada also. Talking of them the free shipping ammount is now 25$ and not 39$ anymore :dance:

edit : front cover added
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 11:17:41 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2010, 01:06:53 AM »
The other release for january (Not yet on amazon.com, but it is listed on the canadian one)
UP FROM THE DEPTHS/DEMON OF PARADISE

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2010, 04:58:20 AM »
I did order Slumber Party Masacre and Humanoids From the Deep.  Got them this week.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 16, 2010, 05:23:09 AM »
I Hope you got the first pressing of SPM... Unless you don't care about the extra. The first batch was recalled because of some comments done on the commentary for the second film, so if you get the second pressing Juliette Cummins isn't on it (in fact all her comments were deleted, so the track had some dead air). Of course the 3 films are always great, but I'm glad to own the original.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2010, 08:30:40 PM »
Just watch the insert on my Not of this Earth dvd I got today and some of the future release are listed in it.

Streets/Angel in Red
Jackson County Jail
The Georgia Peaches/Smockey Bites the Dust
Black Oak Conspiracy/The Great Texas Dynamite Chase

A lot of great stuff in this again :thumbup:

Also confirmed by Cliff as part of the collection :
The Arena, T.N.T. Jackson, Capone, Eat My Dust, Grand Theft Auto, Avalanche, Battle Beyond the Stars and I'm sure I've forgot some other...

Not 100% sure but I think Deathstalker 1 and 2 are part of the package too :headscratch:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #126 on: November 06, 2010, 03:23:32 AM »
I'll have to look up some of those later.

I'm thinking I'll get more of his movies at some point.  There are a few out now that I don't have yet that I think I want.

By the way Jimmy, I don't think I've said this, but thank you for talking about these movies.  I really don't think I would have gotten any of them if you hadn't talked about them here.  Some of them are a little bizarre at times, but they sure are entertaining. :)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 06, 2010, 06:30:39 AM »
You are welcome Marie ;D
It isn't that often that I can talk about movies I ain't the only one interested in :laugh:

Didn't miss one title yet (The Warrior And The Sorceress / Barbarian Queen is in the mail from the USA so it will be here soon) and like it's 2 new titles by month I don't see why I wouldn't get the complete collection. Some are excited by the Criterion Collection, but for for me this collection was the most exciting news this year :dance:

I'm just happy to share the news I got with the rest of you since the media doesn't make a big place to the independant label. To be honest the quality of those releases are way better than what MGM or Fox or Paramount or Sony Pictures release most of the time :whistle:

BTW just watch Not of This Earth tonight and it's a really good sci-fi comedy (can't wait january to compare with the original). I haven't took a plunge in the extra yet except for the Tracy Lords interview and I must say that I was in love the first time I saw her when I was 14 years old and I always be now at 40 (at 42 she is always awesome ;D)   

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2010, 06:43:40 AM »
I thought that one looked interesting too. 

I've thought that Shout Factory has done a good job with these releases.  Interesting extras and the picture quality has been really good.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2010, 07:00:48 PM »
Just one release title for february (but what a release :thumbup:).

Jackson County Jail / Caged Heat

You can pre-order it already from Amazon US and Amazon Canada.

Kathy if you have read the link I sent you this morning you already know that Erika Gavin do a commentary track for Caged Heat :dance:

I can also confirm the Deathstalker double features for next year.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 07:18:32 PM by Jimmy »

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2010, 11:22:36 AM »
Reviews for Big Bad Mama/Big Bad Mama II and Crazy Mama/The Lady in Red who are the two releases for next week. Clearly two winners again :thumbup:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 11, 2010, 06:28:30 AM »
Just watch Big Bad Mama/Big Bad Mama II a couple of days ago and this is certainly the funniest films released in the collection at this day. Great story, great cinematography, a thirties vibes, great performances from Angie Dickinson and Susan Sennett and a lot of recognizable character actors :thumbup:

Even the sequel is as enjoyable wich doesn't happen often.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 01, 2011, 08:48:37 PM »
I haven't update this one for quite a while, so here we go with the last news...

Firstly the releases up for pre-order

Roger Corman's Action-Packed Collection
Georgia Peaches, The Great Texas Dynamite Chase, Smokey Bites The Dust

Amazon and Amazon Canada link

Not part of the collection, but it's a Corman's production and a good gangster film.

Amazon and Amazon Canada link

No link yet but some covers for the future releases

May 24

June 21

Streets / Angels In Red release is set for the april 19, but I can't confirm yet if it will be an exclusive or not.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2011, 12:16:09 AM »
A couple of review for the last two releases

Up From the Depths / Demon of Paradise

To be honest none of these two movies are that great (UFTD is better), but they sure look great and were never available on dvd.

Attack of the Crab Monsters / Not of this Earth / War of the Satellites

Much better ;D
Never seen a better print for those movies and they came from the UK, if you like that kind of movies it's an investissement you will not regret.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 08, 2011, 12:23:06 AM »
The cover for Battle Beyond Battle the Stars was revealed today. No release date yet, but probably this summer.

Achim, I asked Cliff about the Blu-Ray possibillity for it. I let you know when I'll got the answer.