Author Topic: Recent Topics view?  (Read 2923 times)

m.cellophane

Recent Topics view?
« on: January 26, 2010, 04:14:46 AM »
I usually look at the "Recent Unread Topics" view, but that's a problem when I can't stay long or something. Then when I come back a little while later, there are no threads to view.  :-\  Is there a view that lists Recent Topics? I know there's a Recent Posts view, but that jumbles posts together from various topics.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Recent Topics view?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 07:14:14 AM »
TBH I'm not sure about your terminology. I always use Show unread posts since last visit. to enter the forum and that shows all topics that have changed since I last read them. Even when I leave and come back, unless I actually went into the topic it remains unread.
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

m.cellophane

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 08:02:23 AM »
If I see that page and don't view the threads and if I leave and come back, they're gone.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 09:00:49 AM »
If I see that page and don't view the threads and if I leave and come back, they're gone.

Hmm, do you log out or do you simply leave?

Edit: no, not even then. I just logged out (which I never do), closed the browser, re-opened it and "Curtain Call" was still a new topic.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 09:03:21 AM by DJ Doena »
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 10:28:17 AM »
Edit: no, not even then. I just logged out (which I never do), closed the browser, re-opened it and "Curtain Call" was still a new topic.
They drop like flies (:weep:), that topic is always new :devil:

snowcat

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 11:04:47 AM »
On the occasion I have lots all the newly posted topics in the "Show Unread Posts..." Although one of those times I was using a different computer.

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 11:31:54 AM »
This has happened to me on occasion - cyberspace is messing with you. I just go to the "forum" and "view the most recent posts on the forum".

m.cellophane

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 06:15:07 PM »
Now I just tried leaving and returning and the topics did not go away...  :stars:

Nevermind.

lyonsden5

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 06:19:11 PM »
They have never gone away for me. Sometimes they add up to two and even three pages  :bag: I either read them or just use the mark as read button to get a fresh start.