Author Topic: Music DVDs and Blu-rays  (Read 1228 times)

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Music DVDs and Blu-rays
« on: April 08, 2010, 02:55:47 PM »
I have recently watched a concert DVD and was about to post a review in my Review topic when I realised that it didn't really qualify as a Movie Review. So I thought OK let's start a fresh Music Review topic but when I looked through the listed forums, or should that be fora, but I couldn't find a suitable forum. Can we possibly have a new Forum under DVD Reviews for Music Reviews?

Dave
Dave

Life? - Who needs a life when you have anime!

My DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-ray Collection
My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Critter

Re: Music DVDs and Blu-rays
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 03:19:34 PM »
I think this thread should be moved the suggestions/requests area but as for the topic it could be a good idea. I suppose it depends maybe on how many reviews we actually get for music DVDs.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 03:22:11 PM »
I was just going to suggest the same thing... while it will probably be seen here... I think if you post it HERE it will get their attention quicker.

on a personal note.... just don't expect to see me in the new forum!  :tease: :laugh:
Pete

Rogmeister

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2010, 03:49:49 PM »
I have quite a few music DVDs so I could probably contribute some reviews to a music forum.  I have mostly country music ones but I also have a few rock oriented ones (Pat Benatar, Paula Abdul, Weird Al Yankovic) and one or two by classical violinist Anne-Sophie Mutter.  My country and rock DVDs are a mix between live concerts and music video collections.

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2010, 03:51:31 PM »
I'd say post it in the movie reviews forum. Even though there might be some reviews I don't think it will ever be many reviews...
Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2010, 07:46:19 PM »
I think this thread should be moved the suggestions/requests area but as for the topic it could be a good idea. I suppose it depends maybe on how many reviews we actually get for music DVDs.
I was just going to suggest the same thing... while it will probably be seen here... I think if you post it HERE it will get their attention quicker.

on a personal note.... just don't expect to see me in the new forum!  :tease: :laugh:

d'oh, I did look, honest, but didn't spot the Suggestions/Requests at all  :-[. Took me two looks this time to find it even though it is the 3rd forum listed   :slaphead:

I'd say post it in the movie reviews forum. Even though there might be some reviews I don't think it will ever be many reviews...

Ok will do.

Dave
Dave

My Library
My CD Collection - sorry I use readerware for that and it doesn't have an online component.

Rogmeister

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2010, 10:45:24 PM »
I might feel more inclined to put it in the TV section...since we see music videos on TV and not usually in movie theaters.  Of course some videos do feature scenes from movies if they're songs from that movie.  So it could go either spot, I guess.  :surrender:

Offline dfmorgan

• Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 12:16:09 AM »
I might feel more inclined to put it in the TV section...since we see music videos on TV and not usually in movie theaters.  Of course some videos do feature scenes from movies if they're songs from that movie.  So it could go either spot, I guess.  :surrender:

Thanks Rog. Thinking about it you're probably correct and these would be better suited to the TV Review forum. Can I ask one of the all powerful system controllers/administrators to move this thread to the Suggestions/Requests forum and to move my Dave's Music DVD/Blu-ray Reviews thread from Movie Reviews to "TV on DVD" Reviews? Thanking you very muchly.

Dave
Dave

My Library

Rogmeister

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 12:36:28 AM »
Of course, if it's going to be ongoing or at least a long series of reviews, you could just put it in "The Marathon Reviews section.  :thundergod: