Author Topic: Super Bowl Tickets  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Super Bowl Tickets
« on: January 24, 2010, 12:36:25 AM »
Donte Whitner of the Buffalo Bills is giving away a pair of tickets to the Super Bowl on his Twitter site. I only scanned his posts but I think you need to predict the score of tomorrows game. I think the guess has to be in tonight. Go to Twitter > DonteWhitner

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Super Bowl Tickets
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 02:42:09 AM »
It's sure a long time since I've checked the american football, last time was when Joe Montana was the quaterback of San Francisco (what a great team they were than). I prefer the CFL, since it's the best football in North America :tease:.

But I just see the NY Jets had a chance to reach the Super Bowl :o
Since when are they any good, I was sure their good days had ended with the retirement of Joe Namath :whistle:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 02:57:30 AM by Jimmy »

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 03:01:43 AM »
I've gone to a few Toronto Argonauts games but I still prefer the Bills! :tease:

I was 12 years old when Joe Namath won the Super Bowl III and I thought he was... :drooling: I even liked him in pantyhose although you're probably too young to remember that reference.

Critter

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 03:03:20 AM »
Wow I just realised how little I know about American sports. When I first saw the words Super Bowl I thought you were reffering to a baseball match. I didn't think it would be American football  :-[.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 03:06:14 AM »
I've gone to a few Toronto Argonauts games but I still prefer the Bills! :tease:
Even if they can't win a Super Bowl? :tomato:
It's because you haven't watch a good team, you should had make the trip to Montreal to watch the Alouettes. Your opinion would have been totally different.

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 03:08:04 AM »
I thought you were reffering to a baseball match.
Baseball is more pretentious it's the World Series... Even if all the teams except for one (Toronto) are in the United States :laugh:

Critter

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2010, 03:11:19 AM »
I thought you were reffering to a baseball match.
Baseball is more pretentious it's the World Series... Even if all the teams except for one (Toronto) are in the United States :laugh:

Oh yeah I have heard that before actually, my media teacher once went on a ramble to our whole class about how stupid it is that it's called the World Series when it's mainly America. I wonder why it is that they do that, it's not like every country has a team in it. Maybe they think America (and Canada) is the whole world?  :tease:

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2010, 03:21:00 AM »
you're probably too young to remember that reference.
Yeah I'm too young, but I find the commercial for you Kathy if you want to bring back the souvenir ;D

snowcat

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 10:46:05 AM »
I actually have enjoyed watching some of the Super Bowl.... they tend to only show Highlights here though... (I don't have the sports channels)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2010, 01:15:41 PM »
you're probably too young to remember that reference.
Yeah I'm too young, but I find the commercial for you Kathy if you want to bring back the souvenir ;D

:laugh:

Yep, that's the one...nice legs huh?!? I'm old enough to still be amazed at the internet. I never thought I'd ever see that again.