Author Topic: Marathon brainstorming thread  (Read 122947 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Marathon brainstorming thread
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2008, 04:30:16 PM »
No marathon for me in december. I've not watch the last season of "Charmed" yet and to get in the mood again I've decided to rewatch the seasons 1 to 7 before, so I will not have too much time for anything else.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 04:40:52 PM by Jimmy »

RossRoy

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2008, 05:01:51 PM »
I also want to catch up on some TV series I bought. And anyway, a full month of Xmas movies? :shivers: I'd be going insane by the 5th!

richierich

« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2008, 06:18:50 PM »
It might be a solo effort then  :suicide:

But I've got so many to view I'm gonna have to try overdosing on festive films and tv - BAHHHH HUMBUG  :yucky:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2008, 09:33:55 PM »
I'll be watching at least some of my Christmas movies in December.  Of course I consider some like Die Hard and Lethal Weapon Christmas movies too since they take place on the holiday.  lol

Anyway, I'll be starting to watch some of them soon since I'll be decorating my tree over the next few days and I tend to put a movie or two in while doing that. 
My alphabet marathon will probably run into December, though a few titles would work for both.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2008, 02:14:28 PM »
Thoughts turn towards Xmas  :slaphead:

Is anyone else interested in a traditional December christmas marathon??
Mixture of festive linked films, TV specials and episodes etc

If theres a couple of us I'll put a thread up accordingly

cheers
Rich

I do one every year... but not for the whole month. When Christmas is over so is my marathon. So I do a 25 Days of Christmas Marathon... where I watch both Christmas Movies and TV Show Eps.
Pete

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2008, 11:34:06 PM »
Anyone interested to do a Dexter: Season 2 or Terminator Chronicles matrathon in January? I kept those two on the unwatched pile due to the other marathons but feel like I should be catching up? Or everybody else already watched those?

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2008, 11:38:07 PM »
I would participate in a Sarah Connor marathon, even though I already have seen it.
I do not have season 2 of Dexter. And I am not sure if I am even getting it. Frankly I was a little disappointed of the first season when I have finally seen it after everybody seemed to have recommended it.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2008, 01:45:04 AM »
Anyone interested to do a Dexter: Season 2 or Terminator Chronicles matrathon in January? I kept those two on the unwatched pile due to the other marathons but feel like I should be catching up? Or everybody else already watched those?

I don't have any of Dexter..still thinking on picking that one up.  I did just order Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles though..$12.99 from Amazon, though it won't be in stock and able to ship until the 29th.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2008, 08:21:51 AM »
I started with Dexter for now. The first three episodes were great, had to watch them in one session. Will try to get it done latest during next week's long weekend (I am off on the 1/2).

I did just order Terminator The Sarah Connor Chronicles though..$12.99 from Amazon, though it won't be in stock and able to ship until the 29th.
If you want to join the marathon we can wait a little. A TV marathon like this usually is not restricted to a particular month but rather to "1 disc per week" or such, so we can start any time :)

If we do 1 disc per week, I'll have to know how many episodes per disc, as I got the Blu-ray and it might be different there.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2008, 10:24:33 AM »
When I was checking my email last night, there was one from Amazon saying my order had shipped..for The Sarah Connor Chronicles..so not sure what was going on with it saying that it was out of stock on the site.

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2008, 05:11:24 AM »
When I was checking my email last night, there was one from Amazon saying my order had shipped..for The Sarah Connor Chronicles..so not sure what was going on with it saying that it was out of stock on the site.
I had the same with DeepDiscount.com last week. First they send a mail that the ordered item (Watchmen comic) is unavailable and may need up to 3 weeks to obtain. That mail was followed up two days later with the shipping notice :headscratch:

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2009, 10:51:58 PM »
Anyone else here ready to start a new TV Show marathon? I seen mentioned people wanting to do...

- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
- The X-Files
- Dexter
- 30 Rock

Am I missing any others that was mentioned? and should we start a poll to see which we should do next?

I am up up to either one of those... but wouldn't want to have to do any more then 1 disc per week. (Yes I know that would make X-Files a long Marathon)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 11:03:49 PM by addicted2dvd »
Pete

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2009, 10:57:45 PM »
I would only take part in a "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" marathon.
X-Files I do not own (nor planning to).
Of Dexter I have only the first season, and I am not even sure, if I will buy season 2, as this series did not struck with me, like it did with many others.

I think 30 Rock was also mentioned. I would also take part in that one.

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2009, 11:05:17 PM »
thanks... added 30 Rock to the list.

Like you I only have season 1 of Dexter that I could watch. Not because I didn't care for it... I really enjoyed it. I just haven't had the chance to get season 2. I don't have 30 Rock at all... so I can't participate in that one.
Pete

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2009, 11:53:10 PM »
Anyone else here ready to start a new TV Show marathon?
I pass my turn this time. I've a lot of film that are waiting for me to watching them after Charmed.