Author Topic: Free DVD  (Read 2186 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
Free DVD
« on: January 13, 2010, 06:41:57 PM »
The Buffalo visitors bureau is offering a free Elbert Hubbard DVD:

http://www.visitbuffaloniagara.com/dvd/newsletter.asp

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: Free DVD
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 06:55:27 PM »
Too bad it seems to be for the US only (I haven't find a place to enter a country) since Hubbard looks like a very interesting personallity for what I just read on wikipedia.

snowcat

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2010, 08:02:27 PM »
I think you are right Jimmy, It does sound interesting and I think it is US only.

Offline Antares

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2010, 08:06:08 PM »
Good luck if you sign up for it. They did the same thing last year with a mini-documentary on Frank Lloyd Wright. I signed up for it, and never got it. I wasn't the only one this happened to either.

RossRoy

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2010, 08:09:14 PM »
Good luck if you sign up for it. They did the same thing last year with a mini-documentary on Frank Lloyd Wright. I signed up for it, and never got it. I wasn't the only one this happened to either.

I signed up for it and got mine.

I did sign up for the Hubbard one, we'll see ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2010, 08:16:57 PM »
I've received the one from last year.
Sebastien where did you enter the country? I suppose you have writen Quebec for the states, but I sure have no idea for the country :shrug:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 08:18:44 PM »
I got several Frank Lloyd Wright's DVD for the family - I wonder why you didn't get yours. Maybe too many people ordered them and they ran out. I only got the email today so I hope you get a copy of this one. I ordered a bunch of this one for the family too so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 08:44:15 PM »
I've received the one from last year.
Sebastien where did you enter the country? I suppose you have writen Quebec for the states, but I sure have no idea for the country :shrug:

I didn't enter the country. I figured then they see Quebec and my X9X 9X9 postal code format, they'll figure out that it'S Canada... or I just won't receive it! hahaha

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 09:08:03 PM »
I'll try it. Cost nothing to and at worst I will receive nothing.

ninehours

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2010, 09:32:30 PM »
Ordered, don't know if I'll get it but worth a try (i did get the Frank Lloyd Wright one)

snowcat

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2010, 09:40:48 PM »
Ok I filled it in :p only time will tell if it arrives over here!

snowcat

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 11:02:52 AM »
Well it arrived this morning, so looks like it worked! Thanks Kathy :D

ninehours

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2010, 05:43:04 PM »
Well it arrived this morning, so looks like it worked! Thanks Kathy :D

Mine arrived today, thanks Kathy

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 05:53:26 PM »
I already did a complete contribution on it for DVDP so it should be accepted soon. Once that's done, the back cover needs to be added. If someone knowledgeable could double check the aspect ratio and audio formats too that would be great.

I already watched the DVD and thought it was great. I go to East Aurora several times a year and it is amazing how it hasn't much changed. The architecture and small time stores remain. It even has a 5 and 10 cents store - Vidlers - which is one of my favorite places to turn into a kid again.

I only wish I could time travel back to the 1920s and meet all the bohemian artists that gravitated there. Now, it is a place for the wealthy and sports stars...sigh.

ninehours

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 09:28:21 PM »
I already did a complete contribution on it for DVDP so it should be accepted soon. Once that's done, the back cover needs to be added. If someone knowledgeable could double check the aspect ratio and audio formats too that would be great.

I already watched the DVD and thought it was great. I go to East Aurora several times a year and it is amazing how it hasn't much changed. The architecture and small time stores remain. It even has a 5 and 10 cents store - Vidlers - which is one of my favorite places to turn into a kid again.

I only wish I could time travel back to the 1920s and meet all the bohemian artists that gravitated there. Now, it is a place for the wealthy and sports stars...sigh.

I had contributed this also but withdrew it when i saw you had already done it, think the aspect ratio is 1.78:1 (no black bars when i played it on my TV)