Author Topic: More how do I...?  (Read 772 times)

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
More how do I...?
« on: January 31, 2010, 10:31:47 PM »
My computer screen has done a strange thing twice in the last week.

The first time the image turned upside down - I don't know how or what I did to cause it.

Then today I was touching the number on the right side of the keyboard and the image turned on its side.

Why/how does this happen? And, is there a quick way to fix it?

What I have been doing is going to safe mode and then resetting the computer to the day before the incident occurred. It is very annoying especially since I'm only typing regularly when it happened. I didn't press alt or ctl or anything fancy (I don't know how those things work!).

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
Re: More how do I...?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 11:28:25 PM »
Sound like the same thing that happen with the mouse if you press the Right-shift too long that drive me crazy before I finally understand what make it happen. This is probably a rapid access key of your video card, sorry that I could help you better with that.

Najemikon

Re: More how do I...?
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 01:04:00 AM »
Monitors often have an ability to turn the screen around, even back to front. I think it's purpose is for being able to fix monitors upside down, perhaps on a ceiling. Some will swivel sideways as well, so you can look at them in portrait fashion and as such display a complete sheet of A4, useful for typists.

Also useful for pranksters in the office.  :devil: But I digress...

These features are often accessible through a hot-key combination. CTRL+F3 or something. It sounds like you've stumbled across the key combination. Tell us what monitor make and model you have and we might be able to tell you the combinations, perhaps even help you disable it all together.