Author Topic: Starting the Morning with a Good Laugh  (Read 2265 times)

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
Starting the Morning with a Good Laugh
« on: January 08, 2010, 12:59:33 PM »
I woke up this morning to the snow coming down. Our first good snow of the year (we had 1 dusting earlier but that is all). I checked the website and seen schools are closed today. So I thought I would be a good father and let Brittany sleep in as late as she wanted.

about 15min before she was due to go out to meet the bus there was a knock on my door. And there is Brittany. with a heck of a look on her face. She thought we all slept in and that she was late for school so she jumped up and got ready to go outside. It wasn't till she was about to go outside that she was told school was closed.

I have to admit... this gave me a good laugh. I couldn't of planned a prank on her that would have went that well!  :laugh:

Hey Britt... I bet for now on you will check before going into panic mode!  :laugh:
Pete

leo1963

Re: Starting the Morning with a Good Laugh
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 04:30:58 PM »
I completely understand.  The same thing happen to me and my kids a few years ago and I laughed until it hurt.

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 05:01:09 PM »
 ::) of coarse you would post that!

People about to post, I will be watching the thread, so be nice here!!! :P

Offline addicted2dvd

• Forum Inventory
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 05:04:43 PM »
Are you kidding?... they are ALL nice here. No worries there. It is just a little fun teasing. nothing more. :)
Pete

addicted2comics(:P)

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 05:49:44 PM »
apparently you didn't get the concept that :P means I laughing about it. I thought it was common knowledge.

Hmm, and you're laughing at me for not checking for a snow day? :P

MEJHarrison

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2010, 07:55:49 PM »
If it makes you feel better Brittany, I've been emailing with a friend at work all morning on my phone.  It's a little clunky, but not too bad.  Answer an email, then go back to work (I'm a computer programmer).  Work for a while, then check my phone for a reply, answer and go back to work.  Two hours later, I went into Hotmail on my computer to see if there was anything I needed to get to, saw an email from my friend, reached for my phone... :slaphead:

Guess even redheaded males can have their dumb blond moments. :hysterical:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2010, 09:27:59 PM »
 :laugh:

I don't think I ever did that, but could see it happening.  There was once or twice when I overslept and I got ready and caught the bus in like 5 minutes. 

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 09:38:51 PM »
Not a chance that it would have happened to me when I was a student... Can't miss the bus since I have always live near enough to my school to go there walking. But it was a very fast run in the street when I overslept, of course when I was at the university I couldn't care less and just go back to my bed :laugh:

snowcat

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2010, 09:41:30 PM »
...When I was 10 years old, I woke up on a Saturday morning convinced it was Friday, I was so upset my parents hadn't woken me up for school I got dressed and ran down stairs, They laughed at me so much.

Although Like Jimmy my school was exactly 7 minutes away from my house! so I was always on time... I didn't really have an excuse to be late!

...although :p im always early for everything "If your not 10 minutes early your already late"  :tease:

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 09:49:18 PM »
I don't like getting up early even now..but I do it when I have to for work.  And I'm always early for work, usually by at least half an hour.

Critter

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 10:24:10 PM »
Wow, I've never had school closed becuase of snow before but I suppose it would happen a lot over there hey. We have however had days closed for extreme heat and bushfire conditions.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 10:40:59 PM »
My last year in high school, we have more snow than we'd had in years.  The state allows for 5 calamity days - that can be used for snow or whatever - that don't have to be made up.  We ended up missing like 20 or 25 days that year.  It was decided that we didn't have to make the days up that year.  Since then, there have been other years when the schools have missed more than 5 days, and they have to make them  up by going on Saturdays or going later into the summer.

There have been 2 snow days here this week.

snowcat

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2010, 10:42:02 PM »
Most schools here have been off since Wednesday, we are having some gritting problems on the road right now.

Critter

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2010, 10:43:57 PM »
Emma I've been seeing on the news about all the snow in Europe and some parts of the UK. They have been saying it's one of the coldest winters ever. Looks like all that snow is a bit hard to cope with.

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2010, 10:48:22 PM »
Most of the country here is having a colder than normal winter too.  Even Florida.  Evidently a lot of the citrus crops are in danger from the cold.

Have heard a few times now that this is supposed to be the worst winter we've had in 20 years.  Oh goodie.