Author Topic: HeroQuest  (Read 896 times)

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Cinematic Collection Viewer
HeroQuest
« on: January 03, 2010, 02:16:34 PM »
Does anyone know the board game "HeroQuest"?
It is a game we have played a lot in the early 90s. This week we decided to play this game again (it has been years since we last played), and is still great fun to play.
I have all of the European expansion sets except for "Adventure Design Kit" and "HeroQuest Advanced Quest".
But I have found this great site which offers all the quest books for download. This means I have downloaded now the one quest included in "Adventure Design Kit" and as far as I can see I can also easily play the elaborate quest included in "HeroQuest Advanced Quest" as the needed "men at arms" were also included in the expansion set "Wizards of Morcar" (and the few needed additional furniture will have to be represented by pieces of papers).

This was also the first time that we played 100% by the rules. We had some changes to the rules in the past. But as we have noticed now, it is best played with the original rules. Our changes were mainly a chain reaction. When we have first played it, we had learned it from a friend. He had made one or two mistakes in representing the rules. These changes caused us to change other rules to balance the whole thing out again.

The quest book included in the main set had an empty quest page for copying and creating own quests. I still have the few quests I had created over 15 years ago. I have started now to put them in a better form using HeroScribe.

Now we are trying something, we only did try once in the past but never finished it: Play all quests in order. We usually selected a random quest in the past.

snowcat

Re: HeroQuest
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:59:47 PM »
I have played Hero Quest, before my local game shop closed down I used to play alot of board games

Zombies, Doom, D&D, Hero Quest etc

Good luck trying to play them all Tom! I remember sometimes we never finished games and we had been playing for a few hours!

.. Strangely im not a big Warhammer or Games Workshop in general fan, but I Hero Quest was good fun!

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 07:20:26 PM »
I remember sometimes we never finished games and we had been playing for a few hours!

Yes, we also took hours to complete some quests. We have played seven quests so far in about 10-15 hours. And these are still the easy quests.

snowcat

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 07:25:33 PM »
Yeah, We never did any of the internet quests but I'm sure if they are made by fans they will be very hard and take even longer!

Lol... its funny how engrossed you get in the game.

Offline Tom

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 07:35:02 PM »
Yeah, We never did any of the internet quests but I'm sure if they are made by fans they will be very hard and take even longer!

We aren't planning to do any internet quests created by fans. Only the quest from the expansion sets which I own, plus the quests from the "Advanced Quests" which was another expansion set I do not own. The site I linked to only includes scans from official quest books.