Author Topic: Happy New Year!  (Read 2691 times)

richierich

Happy New Year!
« on: December 31, 2009, 04:46:36 PM »
I'll be the first to say it here, as this will be my last visit for a while*.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

:thundergod:
 :cheers:
 :yu:

Hope 2010 is good for everyone who visits here.  :thumbup:

*Go in for an operation on the 2nd, I've kept quiet about it as it is not as serious as Ricks or as important as some recent events here.
Self-inflicted from rugby, so I do not deserve sympathy.
It will put me out of action for a month recovering, but I am sure I will be back here very soon once I get laptop working in bedroom when I am out of hospital

snowcat

Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 05:05:29 PM »
Good Luck Rich.

Happy New Year guys

Hope you have a nice time ringing in the new year.. I will do what I have done or the last few years... watch Boogie Nights.

Offline goodguy

• Heavy Poster
  • Colleen West never liked the first light of day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 05:05:58 PM »
What's with that new year everyone is talking about? The old one works just fine.
:devil:

Good luck with your operation, though.
Matthias

Offline Achim

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 05:51:48 PM »
I am no longer the first on this forum to reach the new year... Anyway, it's 1:00am on 1/1/2010 for me and I wish everyone a Happy New Year!

The fireworks at the 101 here in Taipei were incredibly boring, give the first 30 secs.

Rick, wish you the best for your surgery. Make sure the doctor knows why you're there :tease:

Offline Kathy

• Super Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 06:10:16 PM »
You'll get sympathy from me anyway, self-inflicted or not! Good luck with your hospitalization and your month long recovery. A perfect time to catch up on your DVD watching!

Happy New Year everyone! I'm a party animal...I'll be going over to my niece's at 9pm to let her dogs out! I'll stay there a bit and them come home and watch a movie. Or more likely come home and go to sleep!

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2009, 06:20:41 PM »
It's better than me, I don't move from my house and do nothing special :laugh:

12 hours to go here, but since some of you are already on celebration mode...

Try to not look like that tomorrow :tease:

Offline DJ Doena

• Administrator
  • Mega Heavy Poster
  • Battle Troll
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2009, 06:33:48 PM »
Since I am leaving for to party now I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Karsten

Abraham Lincoln once said The trouble with quotes from the internet is that you never know if they're genuine.

my Blog | my DVD Profiler Tools

RossRoy

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2009, 07:08:11 PM »
I should still be here most of the day, nothing planned, but it may change. It usually does anyway ;)

But, I wish you all a Happy New Year, and I hope this coming year will be the best you all ever had!

Good luck on your surgery Rich - Surgery is always serious business!

Najemikon

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2009, 07:57:32 PM »
2010 hasn't quite been released in this region yet. Have you had a chance to have a look at yours properly? I was wondering if it was worth holding on for the version with warmer weather. Might as well stick with 2009 if it's just going to be more of the same...

;)

Offline Dragonfire

• Mega Heavy Poster
    • View Profile
    • Dragonfire88 Pbwiki
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2009, 09:52:34 PM »
Happy New Year

I haven't left the house yet today and I had no plans to later.  I may have to venture out to get food for my cats though.  I don't know how many cans are left for sure.  If only 1 or 2, I will probably go get some.  Otherwise, I'll wait for tomorrow.
My cats get a tad grumpy when the Fancy Feast runs out.

I'll be working on a review or two this evening...and maybe watching some movies.  Maybe I'll even break out the blender and make myself a frozen margarita.  :lol

Rogmeister

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2010, 03:07:52 AM »
I spent much of the day at my brother's home and I just got home a little while ago.  I'm not a big celebrator and I do have dialysis tomorrow...a fun time is expected.  On Saturday I may go to Wal-Mart...I have just over $10 left on a gift card my dad gave me for Christmas so maybe I'll spend it on a cheap DVD for my first of the year...or even splurge on a pair from the $5 bin  :laugh:

Critter

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2010, 05:24:36 AM »
The first day of the new year and I spent all morning watching DVD's with a bunch of sleepy and hungover teenagers. Good times  ;)

Offline Jimmy

• Mega Heavy Poster
  • Yes this is me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2010, 05:41:30 AM »
This isn't even the new year here (20 minutes to go)... it sure sound weird that it's already over for some of you :laugh:

Critter

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2010, 05:43:27 AM »
Haha it's already nearly 4pm New Years Day for me.

snowcat

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2010, 10:27:16 AM »
Well I hope you all had a good new year (if its happened) I enjoyed myself watching Boogie Nights, I love the transition from the 70's to the 80's :p ..Not so much Happy New Year in that film though.